Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"Rent-a-gods" in bad need of a patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » "Rent-a-gods" in bad need of a patch 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 1:49am | Report
This is probably completely trivial to most people here (YOU LOWLY NON-GOD PACK RENTER WITHOUT YOUR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FAVOR, BEGONE), but the god rental system is pretty broken.

Basically, I spend 150 favor to rent a god. If someone comes in after me, and I rented a god for, say, jungle, and they autolock in something and call jungle even though I already asked for it (the "jungletard" phenomenon), it would be in mine and the team's best interest for me to switch to something else. If I want to rent another god, I end up spending 300 favor total for two god rentals. Or, maybe I change my mind and pick something different, same situation.

My better judgment tells me that they intend for this specific scenario to result in a refund, but for some reason my favor is never refunded. The only time I get a refund is when I rent a god and someone leaves the lobby so everyone is booted. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » December 15, 2013 1:57am | Report
I don't know if this is really an issue. I'm not really sure how renting works so sorry if this sounds really dumb, but why would you rent the champion before you know for sure what role you are playing? that seems like something you should find out before you go spending your money
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 2:06am | Report
If no one else has called a role, it's generally accepted in solo queue that the first person to call it and pick their god is in that role. Some people, on the other hand, are inclined to be douche bags and autolock gods. And a lot of the time, no one will say a single word at all.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 15, 2013 5:52am | Report
I can see this being a potential issue. You do of course have the option to continue to be a douche yourself [maybe at the cost of the game though.] That said, 150 favour isn't *that* much, as winning one game mode a day will generally net you the favour back.

They could probably calculate it so the favour is deducted after you lock in, so you could change between however many you wanted before settling on one. Not sure if it warrants the change however!

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 7:37am | Report
Yeah, I think it should charge the favor after you've locked the god in. Not sure why they charge when you press the button. Someone could get on your account somehow and waste all of your favor by just queuing and renting every god.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 15, 2013 9:23am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Yeah, I think it should charge the favor after you've locked the god in. Not sure why they charge when you press the button. Someone could get on your account somehow and waste all of your favor by just queuing and renting every god.

That's a sound point I hadn't considered! Regardless of how uncommon that is, it shouldn't be able to happen. There's no real reason NOT to make the change, considering it's so minor and easy to implement. :)

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 10:00am | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

That's a sound point I hadn't considered! Regardless of how uncommon that is, it shouldn't be able to happen. There's no real reason NOT to make the change, considering it's so minor and easy to implement. :)

Exactly. Hopefully it's in the works.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 16, 2013 12:41am | Report
As someone who only rents god as of now, I would love to see this happend. You should ticket Hi-rez about it, or throw it on the reddit though. (I doubt reddit will give it enough support, considering most people actively concerned with Smite, have at least bought the god package).

But otherways Hi-rez won't pick up on it. ;)
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }