Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possible Hacker?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Possible Hacker? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flavonic » October 29, 2013 2:35pm | Report
So the weirdest thing just happened to me. I played a game of arena. There was a guy on my team who was slightly spamming in pre-game. Something about "tweet #yadda yadda hun batz legendary skin." So in game, I ask the team...how do you get a lengendary? I have a lvl 10 hades but as he mentions you need golden 1st. Anyway... Just after the game. I had a pending friend request from a different guy off the losing team.

After I accepted, He started gabbing about how his brother works for hirez and how he can get gems or something. I really could care less about gems firstly. But, then he says, You want legendary? And then in game promps start popping up talking about "please relog for golden" then, "Please relog for legendary."

The prompts looked really official and it's hard for me to imagine someone hacking a game then shooting in game prompts at you.

Perhaps, both guys mentioned are connected. The 1st did seem somewhat official like he worked at hi rez. Neither mentioned the other. My thought is that I better change my password.

flavonic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 29, 2013 2:40pm | Report
that is for the new golden thor skin. since there is no patch this week there was a poll between gold hun batz and gold thor. gold thor won and now you can get it.

don't beliefe them they are probebly scaming you though. the messages were real. but i doupt that those guys are actually working for hirez.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flavonic » October 29, 2013 2:46pm | Report
oh yea, he was playing hun batz. it was thor. Still, getting in-game prompts saying "please relog for golden", "please relog for legendary" is kinda weird. Of course I don't have either.

flavonic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 29, 2013 2:59pm | Report
The messages were clearly "please relog for golden THOR" and then "now relog for legendary THOR" .I was in the game myself at that time and I clearly saw it was about thor . :)
EDIT :I was in an Arena match and the messages were different and thor mentioned .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TT-DD » October 29, 2013 3:30pm | Report
I got the same messages. But I have just logged in and I don't have added nobody. I made a foto from one of those messages...
http://www7.pic-upload.de/29.10.13/scm77mq86usw.jpg

TT-DD

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 29, 2013 4:08pm | Report
So is it clear to you now that those guys had nothing to do with those messages and that hirez sed them out and that everyone who was online at that moment got them.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flavonic » October 29, 2013 7:44pm | Report
yea, it's just a weird sequence of events. Very strange. Because after he said, "you want legendary skin?", the prompts happen right on queue. I'm sure it's a coincidence. But it was crazy when it all happened.

Just to think that I may have actually been talking to the matrix!

flavonic

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }