Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Playable minotaur?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Playable minotaur? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » January 11, 2013 7:04pm | Report
I think if your minotaur reaches half health, the top player on the team should take over control of the minotaur.

It would add a great new element to play, and it would make finishing a lot more tricky.

I've had cases where the enemy team destroys two phoenixes, gets into our base, and kills the minotaur by baiting it out to one of the destroyed phoenixes. If it were a player, the player could go over to the phoenix that's still standing, and it could choose which enemy to focus on and concentrate on the more dangerous foes. It could walk out of Ra's light and AK's wind, etc.

What do you guys think? I would love to be able to play as the minotaur.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » January 12, 2013 12:33am | Report
No. Just no.
Thats a bad idea.
1. It's too weird for a moba
2. The player controlling the minotaur wouldn't be able to play his god.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » January 13, 2013 9:34am | Report
Plus, staying back in his base would make him near invincible, because all the gods could just stand back in the shining healing base-light-fountain thing too, so you had to fight not only a minotour wich is strong by itself, but also 5 near-invincible gods who could blast away at you with unlimited mana and hp.

Baiting the minotaur out of the base is a valid strategy wich the attacking team must execute and the defending team has to prevent, it is intended to be this way and adds to the gameplay.

I see where you were going with this, but it would give the defensive team a way too big advantage, every team would just consist of 5 mana-hungry champs who play passive all day until they score a deicide in their own base and then rush for teh win.
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by talonmas » January 14, 2013 4:23pm | Report
Unless they make it so the mino cant go too close to the mana fountain (move it further behind, like in a corridor or so).

I think the idea is quite original and fun! :)
Don't try hard. Succeed easy.

talonmas

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » January 15, 2013 2:19am | Report
Yuu know... yuu could just restrict the mino from going into the fountain if it was playable...? and the top player who gets to control it, gets some of his stats transfered to the mino, but this would only happan at like, what 25 mins through? but the top player gets too have a choice if they want to or not, because mino is quite weak near endgame so the stats transfer would be useful, but i the mino cannot go to the enemy base coz the soul tether that is from your god and the mino only goes so far, so the mino would only be able to go to half of the map... ^O^
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }