Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New beta patch in the beta

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New beta patch in the beta 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 10, 2012 12:31pm | Report
Post New patch testing for next week.
The following are changes we plan to test at the end of next week (around the 14th). The changes will be put on a test server which will have scheduled testing times. Any level 30 player can join the public test server and provide feedback.

* Base run speed will be reduced by about 5%, but the diminishing returns will stay at the current numbers.

* Passive gold per second is changing from 8/sec to 6/sec in Domination and changing from 4/sec to 3/sec in Conquest.

* Cupid will be changed back to scale with Physical Power

* A modified version of the Conquest map will be tested. It’s the current map with no side jungles, a few more rocks/trees to break line of sight, and only four buff camps per side. Green (heal) and Yellow (shield) are being removed for now.

* Many items will be rebalanced with a greater focus on complementary stats. (details will be given when it gets closer to the date and we had enough internal testing).

* Many gods will be rebalanced with a greater focus on their role. (details will be given when it gets closer to the date and we had enough internal testing).

* A new stat will be added to some items called ‘focus’. Focus will allow players to improve the utility of many god abilities like slows, stuns, heals, debuffs, buffs, etc. This will allow us to better balance all the utility that many gods have as well as allowing for more build variations.

Below is an example of how Focus would work with items and gods.
THE STAT NUMBERS AND ITEM ARE ONLY AN EXAMPLE AND ARE NOT ACTUAL.
(FP = Focus point)

An item may have the following stats:
FROSTBOUND HAMMER
Physical power = 10/18/25
Focus = 1/1.5/2
Attack speed = 5%/7%/9%
Passive = reduce enemy movement and attack speed by 5% with each hit to a max of 20% reduction. Does not stack with other items with movement reduction.

For a god the changes may look like this:
ANHUR
Shifting Sands Anhur erects an obelisk from the ground, blocking player movement for 7 seconds. The surrounding sands slow enemies by 2/4/6/8/10% (+1% per FP) and increase the damage of Anhur's basic attacks by 2/3/4/5/6% (+1.5% per FP). Cost - 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown - 14s.
Impale Anhur hurls his spear with great might. If the spear hits a god, they take 90/155/220/285/350 (+80% of your physical power) physical damage and are knocked back. Gods hitting a wall are stunned for 1 second (+0.05 sec per FP to a max of 2 sec). The spear passes through minions, doing damage to them as well. Cost - 70/75/80/85/90 mana. Cooldown - 12s.
Disperse Anhur leaps to his ground target location, doing 50/90/130/170/210 (+50% of your physical power) physical damage and knocking back all enemies in the radius. Cost - 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown - 17s (reduced by 0.5 sec per FP up to 5 sec)
Desert Fury Summoning the fury of the desert, Anhur hunkers down and throws 8 empowered spears that pass through everything, doing 75/95/115/135/155 (+15% of your physical power) physical damage to all enemies in their path. He is immune to knockback for the duration. Cost - 80/90/100/110/120 mana. Cooldown - 90s.
Cripple Anhur's spear attacks reduce the enemy targets physical power by 10% (+ 1% per FP to a max of 20%) for 3 seconds.

so what do you think? :D
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 10, 2012 1:06pm | Report
LOL.
Why do they try to totally destroy jungling?
At least I am level 30 and can provide feedback.. if they nerf the jungle Zap is probably gonna quit and I have to focus on non jungle ad carries.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lethalized » December 10, 2012 3:14pm | Report
^^ Not cool at all.
Jungling now = :}
Jungling then = :{
IGN:Lethalize

Lethalized

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » December 10, 2012 4:58pm | Report
* Cupid will be changed back to scale with Physical Power => Good

Tantal

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 10, 2012 6:28pm | Report
If Cupid is ONLY switched to physical his changes from last patch seem like they would be a considerable buff.

I don't particularly care for this beta in a beta though. Seems rather contradictory to the idea of a closed beta... but whatever! I'm just griping because I'm not 30 yet, hah.

I'd like to try the new conquest map, but I think it might accelerate conquest play in a bad way if it is too small.

The Focus stat seems really interesting but possibly extremely difficult to balance at the same time. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

I'm also interested in the general overhaul of all gods with a higher focus on roles. I definitely think this will play out for the greater good in the end.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 10, 2012 10:28pm | Report
I think that focus is a great idea

it will balance so much more ^^

I mean hel that Heals will need focus
but do no damage
and hel that goes magical wont heal :D

stuff like that would make the game so much more indept for the roles a team needs.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }