Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need help choosing god

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Need help choosing god 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Admiral Qwib Qwib » October 30, 2013 10:34pm | Report
Hi, im really new to the game and am having trouble picking my first god to buy. I finally saved up enough favor and have narrowed it down to 2 gods by messing around in the tutorial games. The 2 gods that I really like the playstyle of are Thanatos and Fenrir.

I really like both of them and I am wondering if I could just get a list of pro's and con's for each. Stuff like how they preform early game, mid game, and late game and stuff like that. My favorite game types are Conquest and Arena. I don't want to finally save up for my first god and regret my decision.

Admiral Qwib Qwib

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 31, 2013 12:16am | Report
First off if you don't know you can RENT gods to test out.
That being said.

Thanatos
Pros
* Can kill anyone below 40% hp with his ultimate. Its a pretty good ult, tanks that are normally hard to kill can be killed easily and other gods can be killed as well. He is the ultimate kill stealer.
* He has a skill that makes him immune to slows and gain speed when opponents are on low hp. This is very good. When your chasing someone on low hp and activate that skill you are very fast especially if you level it up. The immune to slows is VERY STRONG. When gods slow you like Ra, Ymir's ult, ect, you can use this abilities to become immune to slows.
* has a ranged poke that does a good chunk of damage as well as heals you
* Has a wave clear that is decent when leveled up.

Cons
* uses hp for all his abilites
this is his main con.
This means when you are fighting on low hp the more you fight the more hp you lose coming closer to killing yourself making your fight easier for your opponent.
* has no real escape other than using his ult or speed boost. But its not an instant escape.
* Need to know when to fight and when not too.

Fenrir
Pros
* very mobile, meaning he is hard to catch and get away from
* has 2 jumps, one is a long quick jump and one is much shorter.
* His jump can stun, this is powerful if used right and its a quick jump so its hard to dodge
* His brutalize does alot of damage when you get close enough to use it
* He has lifesteal as a skill which allows him to stay alive in brawls.
* His ult makes him much more harder to catch or run away from than he already is, his ult can put the enemy anywhere you want, this includes under your towers or bring them to your team.
His ult can be followed up with brutilize for alot of damage
* Can brawl and take damage because most people build defense along with damage

Cons
* Has short range other than his jump, needs to be close to use most of his skills and do damage
* SHORT RANGE IS A BIG DISADVANTAGE and can lead to you being countered alot.
* I can't think of much cons for him, although he doesn't have many cons realize that short range is a big disadvantage which mostly balances him out other wise he would be able to kill everyone with ease.

Differences
- Fenrir can brawl it out more because people build him mixed
- Thanatos has ranged pokes unlike fenrir but uses his hp to do so
- Fenrir can jump away thanatos can't
- Thanatos can immune slows, fenrir can't
- Fenrir does much more damage once he is on you
- Thanatos can kill you instanlty when you drop to 40% hp
- Fenrir can sustain his hp with lifesteal and thanatos mostly will use his own hp to fight

Fenrir might be easier to play.
Its your choice
Easier to play doesn't mean its a bad choice or less strong, it just means hes easier to play.

When fenrir is playing you see him usually stalking his prey from a distance... then once he jumps in he devours them and who ever he is fighting will run

When thanatos is played, you usually see thanatos stay back and poke, usually waiting for you to get on low hp so he can ult you and instantly obliterate you.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Admiral Qwib Qwib » October 31, 2013 1:06am | Report
okay cool thank you so much im going to buy fenrir and then maybe get thanatos next when I start to get a better hang of knowing when to initiate and just basic mechanics

Admiral Qwib Qwib

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }