Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Most Humiliating Defeats (for your enemies)?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Most Humiliating Defeats (for your enemies)? 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 24, 2013 11:37pm | Report
Friendly warning: The following is a recap of what happened in a recent game. There is a lot of text, so if you're not interested in reading some warstory, feel free to skip down to the main question.

So I decided to start up a conquest match tonight before I get back to my consoles, and decided what the hey, I'll play as Loki again since I've been getting better with him and showing it with some good scores the previous several times I've used him. Waiting patiently as I was holding Loki in the God Select, I was getting nervous: 20 seconds left to pick and only an Ao Kuang had locked in, and he called a side lane... Would I get sent back to the lobby? No, it was worse... The final composition was Ymir and Ao Kuang left lane, Neith mid, and myself ( Loki) in right lane with... Freya.

Yeah, that is NOT a good lane comp for me. No tankiness, nearly nonexistent initiation, and to make matters even worse, I was up against Guan Yu and a Sun Wukong who took the blue buff. A very strong lane. I thought "there is no way this could end well..."

And sure enough, it went badly. For me, anyways. I was horribly zoned out by an unrelenting spam of monkey throwing, and even when Wukong did get careless, I failied to score an early first blood as I tried to dive him under the tower (he was just one hit away from death). It didn't help our Freya was needlessly wasting a lot of mana on 1+2 combos so early on for those times I wasn't trying to kill him, so that when I was going for that kill, she couldn't do anything, and I died my first death. From that point out on, it was all downhill. Not even my decoys could get me the farm I so desperately needed to keep up, and I was already falling way behind in levels.

To make matters worse, that Wukong spent most of the game roaming and just being an overall unpredictable pain in the ***. I know people hate Loki with a passion, but ********! It was like I was the only person they ever targetted in any engagement, even though I was already going negative in K/D/A! Abilities wouldn't even save me from their hate, they just wanted me dead! On top of that, I can only assume the enemies were warding as well, as they would not let me come anywhere close to gank them when I decided to try my hand at roaming.

There was some glimmer of hope however. The rest of my team was actually doing quite well and avoiding deaths for the most part (including Freya, who somehow manages to escape death while the enemy focuses their hatred upon me), and the rest of the enemies weren't fed. If you didn't count all the deaths I suffered, they were actually ahead of our enemies for the most part, so the team was able to keep this whole thing from falling apart. Meanwhile, I'm desperately trying to get farm in hopes I can somehow be useful down the road.

Okay, lets get to the most important part. It was about 30 minutes into the game, and I, desperate for farm, noticed left lane was empty. Naturally, I start using my decoys to farm it, and I'm gradually pushing forward. I was past the destroyed outer tower, and nobody had showed up. It turned out all of my enemies had engaged in a teamfight with my allies somewhere in the right jungle, and one of the enemies died. This was a good sign, so I decided what the hey, I'll push the left tower down while they're busy, make myself useful for once. Inner left tower down, and two allies were dead. I was begning to worry, but I was at the phoenix by now. There was no turning back at this point; if the enemies win the teamfight, there's no way I was getting out of this alive, and on top of that, me being alive meant nothing to the team in my underleveled state. My only option was to push down the phoenix.

Left phoenix down. Surely, someone should've come to stop me by now... except right about when I finished off the phoenix, I heard the announcer shout DEICIDE! Wait... you can't be serious. My team completely won what I could only assume was a 4v5 fight? AND the first one to die had 35 seconds left on the respawn? AND I AM AT THE MINOTAUR? There was simply no better opportunity, I knew what I had to do: assassinate the minotaur before the enemy team got back up! I had depleted 75% of the minotaur's HP by the time the first enemy respawned, but it was too late for them. Around that time, the rest of my team had finally shown up to help me finish the job, and it was over.

There you have it. A 0-7-0 Loki secured a backdoor victory for his team while they did all the actual fighting. That has got to be one of the most insulting ways to defeat your enemies.

The match results:
https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=10255488

Upon looking at the after-match results, it turns out I somehow got plunged into a game with two full-party premades (I was the only solo in that game). Which would explain the lack of communication on my team. I wish I could've heard whatever conversation was going on with their voice chat. I bet they were pissed off at me dying all the time, and then totally surprised that the one guy who was doing nothing but feeding the whole game was the one who actually opened their way to victory!

So here's the question I am going to ask all of you. What was the most humiliating defeat that you or your enemies have witnessed?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }