Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

League question

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » League question 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WPviking » January 7, 2014 6:08am | Report
Hey there, i got a question! i just started league, and after my 10 games i ended up in Bronze YAY -.- ....

first question: Can i promote league in the middle of the month? or do i have to wait for next season so that the system ranks me up?

Second question: i really dont feel i belong in Bronze, and i really wanna get out of there, is there a good way to do that? im mainly support so im very independant on my teams perfomance, is there a lane/role/god that doesnt require the team to be perfect?

Thanks alot, lets help everyone and not just me!

CHEERS!

-WPVIKING

WPviking

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » January 7, 2014 6:33am | Report
no there is no way to promote in the middle of the month.
The role that is easiest to carry with are the middle lane (mage) or duo/solo lane (carry role)
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 7, 2014 6:44am | Report
Hey Viking,

As muas mentioned, you only get promoted at the end of each season and you can also only go up one tier per season. So if you do well, you're due for Silver.

If you want to guarantee a good ELO I also reccommend picking carry's. I don't know how god awful the bronze league is these days, but if it's really bad, I can even suggest picking the pub-stomper gods. This guarantee's a good K/D ratio and a higher chance on winning.

From my experience of re-doing the level 30 trials, it became very clear that Bakasura and Arachne are both very capable of destroying an entire time, provided the team is bad, even if the enemy has maybe 1 or 2 decent players. You can get fed easily, single handedly pick towers and phoenixes and dominate your jungle.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 7, 2014 1:00pm | Report
I can speak from experience...do NOT try to play support in league unless you are low ELO and the role is left to you. Otherwise, your league experience will become nothing more than 'luck of the draw' on getting good teammates and you'll have a very very frustrating experience as you land perfect set ups, perfect peels, and watch as your team botchs it up over and over and over.

Case in point...silver league, we just killed 4 of the 5 enemies. I call to attack and advance into the pheonix....then I realize all of my teammates decided to back and head home -_-

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WPviking » January 8, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Thanks alot for the tips, i have played jungle a looong time, but its just not my thing anymore, i will focus on the solo/mid lane then, a Sun wukong / zhong can DESTROY a team imo, so i will try to focus on that! thanks alot for the tips, i appreciate it!

CHEERS!

-WPVIKING

WPviking

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 8, 2014 7:28pm | Report
You don't actually have to get promoted in leagues to play against higher elo players, you're already matched by your elo, regardless of what league you're in. Theoretically, you could win so much this month that you're put into platinum games. The only thing the leagues affect is what your elo will reset to at the end of the month (1k for bronze, 1.5k for silver, etc.)

As far as carrying is concerned, I'd say Arachne > Strong early game jungler > late game jungler like Freya/ Mercury >>> mid if you rotate and fight a lot > ADC > passive mid > solo lane > support.

The most important thing to do when trying to carry a match is to make your presence felt all over the map. That's why jungler is by far the easiest role to carry with. You can completely dominate solo lane, but never have an opportunity to help your other 4 teammates who all lost their matchups, losing the game.

Arachne is by far the best solo queue stomper because she can just run around in the enemy jungle, completely screw over the enemy jungler and take advantage of the fact that a low elo team isn't going to do anything to stop it. Be careful about spamming too many pubstomp strategies though. There are a lot of people who played nothing but jungle/Arachne to get to their rank, and then get stomped in any game where a higher elo takes jungle because they don't know how to play anything else against above average players.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }