Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

jungling is lame?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » jungling is lame? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » September 4, 2013 12:06pm | Report
is jungling still not what it was meant to be, because i find it a little useless. I think it would be better to just have 2 in the lane.

I mean every now and then you get a good combo of someone who can jungle well and someone who can solo well. Then it is pretty good, but not great. but if one or the other is bad, it can be extremely hard to recover. It just doesnt seem to have much benefit. I dont know i may be wrong.

Thoughts?
Rep+ because you love me :D

Also, check out my Chang'e guide here:

http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/change-cant-touch-this-2966

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 4, 2013 12:32pm | Report
TheLazyRaven wrote:

is jungling still not what it was meant to be, because i find it a little useless. I think it would be better to just have 2 in the lane.

I mean every now and then you get a good combo of someone who can jungle well and someone who can solo well. Then it is pretty good, but not great. but if one or the other is bad, it can be extremely hard to recover. It just doesnt seem to have much benefit. I dont know i may be wrong.

Thoughts?

the amount of benifit is depends on how good the jungler is.

if he keeps track of the mini map for when camps spawn he can out farm any lane even if the lane gets a few kills.

i do it with Ne Zha, Tyr, Loki and Hun Batz.

just watch the gold difference between laners and junglers.

if the jungler is good then he wins if you are playing against a 2-1-2 enemy team. if he is decent it goes the same and if he is bad you lose.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LostScarf » September 5, 2013 8:35am | Report
Like the above said, it depends on how good the jungler is. Unfortunately there are a LOT of bad junglers out there, so they give jungling a pretty bad name. Jungling isn't easy if you wanna do it well. Depending on the god is how heavy do you have to rely on camps or ganking; also when to start considering ganks. Certain gods are slow starters while others can get things going from the start. Fenrir for example has a weak clear and gank the first couple levels. At 5 he can effectively do team ganks and a few levels later he can clear camps in seconds. He's a god that needs ganks to do well though just because of how long it takes for him to clear camps. A god like Ne Zha is also slow for the first 1-3 levels, after that they can clear fairly fast and can become powerful from the jungle alone without ganking, if the other team is overly cautious. Ne Zha and Fenrir are hard to mess up, they just need time to come into their own; unless you're being actively counter jungled. Thor on the other hand can fall behind hard if he does not get good ganks early because his clear is not great the first few levels. He is however capable of ganking at level 1-2 because of how strong his spin is thanks to his passive.
It's all about having fun.
~LostScarf

Smite videos and more (500+)
https://www.youtube.com/user/LostScarf

LostScarf

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 5, 2013 9:14am | Report
@ kostencalculatie

I disagree on jungling being difficult.

It's probebly the easiest roll I can think of.

You are constantly pve'ing which you know you won't die from or you have to totally mes up.

Really all you have to pay attention to is the camp timer's which most competitive players already did before bumba's.

Try to controle the mid camps and you have jungled effectively.

Ganks are ganks and ganks were in the game before bumba's but in that time you needed to kill your enemy or force them to go back other whise it was enemy missing.
The jungler is always missing which makes ganking the easiest thing in the world.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » September 5, 2013 10:08am | Report
All4Games wrote:

@ kostencalculatie

I disagree on jungling being difficult.

It's probebly the easiest roll I can think of.

You are constantly pve'ing which you know you won't die from or you have to totally mes up.

Really all you have to pay attention to is the camp timer's which most competitive players already did before bumba's.

Try to controle the mid camps and you have jungled effectively.

Ganks are ganks and ganks were in the game before bumba's but in that time you needed to kill your enemy or force them to go back other whise it was enemy missing.
The jungler is always missing which makes ganking the easiest thing in the world.

Not the easiest. People can easily die on the first jungle camps if you don't get help from the team.

I think the easiest, for now, is solo laning. Just sit there, act like mid, but with less action.

Unless the enemies be aware and get wards. Then the jungler is almost countered... unless it's Fenrir.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 5, 2013 10:43am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Not the easiest. People can easily die on the first jungle camps if you don't get help from the team.

I think the easiest, for now, is solo laning. Just sit there, act like mid, but with less action.

Unless the enemies be aware and get wards. Then the jungler is almost countered... unless it's Fenrir.

you can die if you don't get help from your team but you would have to stick around for the creep to kill you which is something a good jungler wouldn't do if he gets put in that situation. he would just leash it.

do you know how many people actually ward. i maybe get a match with wards once a week if i get lucky. so basicly always i can just strole trough the jungle PvE'ing.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » September 5, 2013 11:35am | Report
How much money should be invested in wards as a jungler? I found it difficult to not go, "meh, ill save just a lil more money for my final tier of heartseeker, screw wards". I'm assuming the normal long lasting wards are best unless they are warding their own.

Also, just as a side note, does Artemis's traps reveal wards? The few times ive used wards it seems like they get taken out really fast. Dunno if I just hit some aggressive counter warders or what.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 5, 2013 11:39am | Report
Ryvvik wrote:

How much money should be invested in wards as a jungler? I found it difficult to not go, "meh, ill save just a lil more money for my final tier of heartseeker, screw wards". I'm assuming the normal long lasting wards are best unless they are warding their own.

Also, just as a side note, does Artemis's traps reveal wards? The few times ive used wards it seems like they get taken out really fast. Dunno if I just hit some aggressive counter warders or what.

at 10 mins you want to place 2 wards. 1 at left gold mid camp more in the area of the enemy and 1 at the right.

the rest of the wards are up to the tanks

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }