Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is SMITE racist?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is SMITE racist? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » March 20, 2013 2:18pm | Report
Why does the Monkey quote Sanford & Son?

Out of all the characters to use for a silly quote from Sanford, why the monkey?

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 20, 2013 2:25pm | Report
It has to do with Sun Wukong having a rather comical nature. He tosses monkeys at his enemies and throws a Chinese New Year's party as an ultimate for crying out loud!

It is only fitting that his death quote should be inspired by a famous comedian.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 20, 2013 5:01pm | Report
what do you want him to say? "would you like a spot of tea!"

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » March 22, 2013 4:04pm | Report
I don't see what's racist about that?

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 22, 2013 8:20pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

Sanford & Son has a black cast and in the past people used "monkey" combined with other words to refer to black people as a racial slur, or compared them to monkeys. So they could be implying that Sun Wukong is a black person... or something.

I can see your point but honestly I think it's not worth worrying about since it's not obviously racist, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » March 25, 2013 5:54am | Report
LevasK wrote:

I hope this is the case.

I hope beyond hope that people don't link monkeys and Sanford and Son. I hope people can't make the connection and it is all being blown out of proportion.

Because that would mean racism is dying, and we are living in a better world.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 26, 2013 2:00pm | Report
Honestly who cares, my best friends black and we don't really complain over words we laugh over them. People who get butt hurt are sad individuals.

You can call me a cracker, honkey, hunkey, whatever its funny too me. How is a word suppose to offend a person that doesn't get offended or take anything serious in the first place?

Monkey lol, If anyone said that to my friend he would just laugh.
Unless they were dead serious then he would probably punch them in the face.

Realize this, for people like me and my friend we don't beat your *** because you said honkey, hunky, cracker, ******, monkey, blacky, ect.

If you get beat up its because you came up and acted like you want to fight the end.
If someone walked up to me and said "What the hell you lookin at" I would want to beat their *** way more than if they said honkey.

I honestly don't give a ****, and honestly me and my friends said this before.
Games would be ****ING AMAZING if they let the characters use curse words.

Imagine if you killed someone on smite and sun wukong said "GET **** ON"
Now your going to tell me you wouldn't enjoy that?

Imagine if poseidon said "Time to die *****"
You mean to tell me you would complain over that?

**** I would PRAY FOR THE DAY THEY PUT THOSE WORDS IN THE GAME.
Nothing would be better than to own someone talking trash and have your favorite character talk ****.

If you take words offensive those people are just ***** made the end.
If you take how someone APPROACHES you then its justified but if a character says a word and they are not even real life then you are a butthurt individual.

I say remake all these smite characters and give them taunts that curse out your opponents
I will use the taunts all the time then.

How about have Sun Wukong say "Sun Wukong **** yo momma?"
I will use that taunt and I will personally pay $5 for that taunt just to use it.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJ Koopa » March 27, 2013 8:40am | Report
Yes, because imitating mister Redd Foxx who just might happen to have the most comical (good) overacting in his Sanford character calls for racism. Yeah.

Honestly, it took me a while to figure out where the reference came from (as do quite a bit of Smite characters, which...concerns me a bit), but once I did I laughed and shook my head in the same way when I first saw Neith's win result screen.

DJ Koopa

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }