Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Kali a viable God anymore?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Kali a viable God anymore? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Flippy500 » August 9, 2013 8:40pm | Report
I don't know is she? Whenever I play Kali I dedicate the whole match to jungling and ganking and I typically do pretty well. (like 9-0, or 8-2 etc.) But from what I've heard is that Kali is just not as good as a jungler as some of the other gods. (Hun Batz, Fenrir, etc.) I don't understand why people say this though. I'm assuming it's because of her lack of any kind of CC or Leap or Dash which I understand. Is having a powerful escape like that really necessary for a jungler though? I hate to think that any God is just not viable at all and I have some love for Kali. (first God I played) Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Flippy500

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 9, 2013 8:55pm | Report
She is a viable god, but she's just not as good as other gods. She has no form of CC, no slow, and no dash. This means her entire form of initiation is activating her 1 and running headstrong at the enemy and hoping you catch them. Her lack of CC gets increasingly negative late game, where pure damage starts to fall off to gods that kill you in one CC lock.

For example: Fenrir is impossible to avoid on a brutalize, and his ult completely removes someone from the fight until he drops you into his team.

Thor can stun someone with an ult initiation, and can stun everyone in a line.

Ne Zha, yet again, can use his sash into an ult.

Kali's pure damage just starts to fall off, as with how squishy she is, she ends up rotting before she can do anything. Her ult is only damage effective if hitting many many people, her lifesteal ends up increasingly useless as damage starts to one shot compared to a long, sustained fight, and everything previously mentioned.

Sorry if that wasn't a well-organized statement, but I think I hit the main points. No initiation, slow, CC, useless passive, mediocre ult, etc.

Oh and the bleed on her 1 is like ridiculously bad. I think it's what, 12 damage over 2 seconds at first rank? And it gets up to what, 60? That's garbage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » August 10, 2013 2:27am | Report
" Viable " is " stretchable ".
If you are just slightly better than your opp. in lane you basically win with Kali no matter what, it doesn't matter what op **** they throw in your face. She got an easy laning phase and can roam pretty effectively. But if you get cc'd alot you cant do anything, but try to ult and get lucky.

- Learn from the best, or die like the rest

Sincerely

SilverX
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }