Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hide of Leviathan vs. new Magi's Cowl

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hide of Leviathan vs. new Magi's Cowl 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » October 23, 2013 11:15am | Report
I couldn't help but notice that the new Magi's Cowl provides almost the exact same stats as Hide of Leviathan does.

You lose out on 10 of both defenses and 250 mana, but get an extra 100 health and it's 500 gold cheaper

are those 10/10 defenses and 250 mana really worth an extra 500 gold?

of course, this is all moot for me since I'd never take either of them over Magi's Blessing, especially now that it's been buffed. but I'm still curious what others think.

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » October 23, 2013 12:27pm | Report
I would think it depends on what point in the game you are at. Buying the cheaper item early will net you the bonus's early, where waiting for an that extra 500 gold could hurt. Later game, 500 gold can be nothing.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Grimskull » October 24, 2013 9:19am | Report
Actually, when you do the math, Magi's cowl gives you more effective health than Hide does, so the only thing you lose out on is the 250 mana. It definitely beats Hide in my opinion
Check out my Bacchus guide:

Check out my BB coding skills

Grimskull

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » October 24, 2013 11:09am | Report
I would consider taking both on a tank, seeing as how they give such good defensive stats. But for a single item magi's blessing is definitely better now.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }