Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help! Smite does not work for me!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Help! Smite does not work for me! 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Riappi » May 2, 2013 4:51am | Report
When the new update came out I have been having some troubles, Every time I would log onto smite it would not update and if I tried to log in it would completely freeze, then say unable to connect to server, Now what it does is when I open the launcher the loading bar fills up and says "Smite is waiting for download.", after about 5 min of waiting it says "Unable to contact the launch file server" and replaces the "Play" button with "Fix", when I press fix it brings me to "Hi-Rez diagnostics and support", but in Hi-Rez diagnostics and support, at the top it says
"The system is unable to connect to the update server https://patcher.hirezstudios.com/HiPatchDispatchRemotingServer.rem Technical details <UnknownError: The operation has timed out>" Then after a little while it says this
"The Internet on this machine is up but there is a connectivity problem to https://(IP here)

If you could help that would be great!!
P.S I tried re-installing it, unfortunately it didn't work.

Riappi

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by indy252 » March 8, 2014 9:32am | Report
i'm having the same problems right here. :C

indy252

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 8, 2014 9:43am | Report
Likewise. I tried to delete the Hirez folder in Program Files and now it's downloading, but it keeps looping between 0.1% to 0.2%. Hope it gets fixed. Last time that problem occurred to me I just left the launcher for 5 hours or so and the download started rolling and got past the 1%.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }