Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

GLOVES or SOULEATER? (Which is better and why)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » GLOVES or SOULEATER? (Which is better and why) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LandoCalrizi » January 17, 2013 5:37pm | Report
Hi All,

Brand new to SMITEFIRE and fairly new to MOBAs.

I was wondering if anyone in the community has ran numbers on what the best items are. Specifically, I am trying to learn Cupid, and I don't know whihc LS item I should incorporate into my build.

I could go on and on with my questions, but I'll leave it at this for now and see how the thread grows.

Thanks!

Lando

LandoCalrizi

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 17, 2013 8:59pm | Report
That depends entirely on two things:
1. What lane you're in.
2. Your skill with the character you're using.

1. If you're in mid lane, I would suggest using Devourer's Gloves because it's easier to get the stacks with all of the mobs that are essentially yours to kill. If you're in a side lane, I start with Soul Eater as my starter item because it allows for a lot of sustain early game, plus the attack speed is always nice. (I play as Artemis).
2. Soul Eater is obviously the easier item to use. If you don't feel confident in your skills, then use Soul Eater. If you think you'll do well, then use Devourer's Gloves. Never use Devourer's Gloves in Arena, because getting the stacks is a chore.

That is all.

P.S. I'm not a fan of Cupid. I hate his Ult (mostly because I cannot place it correctly), and his one pure offensive skill is a skill shot. There are better AD's, but he's a great support if you can learn to play him.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 18, 2013 8:35am | Report
You like Artemis cause she's cake, lol.

I like what Jararo said about Gloves vs Souleater though, +1 to that. Both good viable items, choosing between them is highly situational.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LandoCalrizi » January 18, 2013 8:44am | Report
Thanks Jararo.

I know what you mean about better ADs.. :( I'm a little sour about spending the favor on him. I wanted to learn a ranged AD for joust. I feel like PHY has a clear advantage over MAG due to their ability to melt towers. (Freya exception)

Which ranged AD do you think is the best in the game right now? Xbal?

LandoCalrizi

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 18, 2013 9:22am | Report
Best ranged AD = situational. They are all strong in different situations. Both Anhur and Artemis can melt 1v1 if they hit with all their abilities in the right order. Xbal is nasty but tends to chip away with more medium sized bursts. And Cupid has great sustain for an AD who is almost completely auto attack. If you cannot be juked as Cupid it's gg for your opponents if you pick your fights.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » January 20, 2013 4:21am | Report
I can say about cupid is that he s one of the best supporting god. Im not sure though betwen soul eater and glove but me personally tend to build soul eater with melee AD. glove gives you nice sustainability and permanent stacks which is higly usefull. Othervise Cupid should be built on Physicall and his ult gets to be high usefull in team fights cuz lets face it someone will late to escape the field and then hes done :D

nightmare1985

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }