Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

FPS In Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » FPS In Smite 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 16, 2013 1:26am | Report
Okay everyone post what your FPS is in smite. Don't guess actually look at it.
I figured out how to see my FPS and this may help some of you as well if you use a laptop like me.
I tried pressing F8 but that doesn't work on laptops because they have key bindings so what you do is press Ctrl + F8 and it will work, its funny I literally guessed it would work and it did because usually Ctrl does all the commands you need but don't use.

So thats what I did, I pressed Ctrl and F8 then it popped my FPS up and I was ****ing shocked.

My FPS was going as low as 13 FPS on LOW settings. (Conquest)
It was averaging around low 15ish to 20ish but not going above 20fps much.

I always knew conquest felt unsmooth and ****ty and I now see the FPS reason why.
Post your FPS because I want to know how bad mine really is compared to normal FPS.

Also I am going to run some test since I now can see my FPS unlike before where I had no idea what my FPS was.

I always thought that conquest made my FPS super low compared to arena, 3v3, ect, so I am going to play arena and see what my FPS is then.

Also ANHUR always felt like he made my gameplay unsmooth, some gods like Hercules felt like I play smoother with or some reason. So I'm going to test and see if ANHUR really does drop my FPS in conquest compared to other gods.

Now you want to know why I hate conquest and people ask why I don't play ranked?
- That FPS looks garbage
- I play with a xbox controller (Its not bad but once you have ****ty FPS its bad)

What FPS do you guys get, btw this is on LOW settings.

I want to also state that I believe that when the old conquest map was being used I don't remember my FPS seeming this damn bad as it does today. I could swear that I used to play conquest kind of smooth now its so damn bad depending on who I use.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 16, 2013 1:57am | Report
Edit : When I just played Hercules conquest I was averaging around 5 more FPS than when I was Anhur and my FPS was staying around 20-23 and dropping down to 18ish at the lowest.

So far from that little test I can tell Anhur makes my game unsmooth in conquest compared to others.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 16, 2013 3:12am | Report
When playing on my god ol' laptop I usually get around 35 fps (low settings , all other stuff turned off) , dropping a bit when surrounded by many enemies or team mates throwing many abilities .Also , some gods like chromos drops the fps a bit . On assault I get a lower fps , something like 25-30 .

On the PC however I get 50-60 fps on medium settings (playing it on low anyhow , I'm too used to low to switch to medium) .

However , I still prefer the laptop over my pc despite of the bad fps .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 16, 2013 4:31am | Report
I'm usually around 120-130
then a teamfight happens
hello 1FPS

yes I hate teamfights but ganking is oooohh sooo good :D
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 16, 2013 4:36am | Report
mine can go from 5 to 30 in three seconds, and back again. So, it can be good, around ~30, or it can be unplayable, around ~5.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 16, 2013 4:49am | Report
I'm on a laptop so I have high fps. But it's still on the green. Just 100+ lol.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 16, 2013 5:40am | Report
WTF???

How do kids do bad then seriously lol

I mean damn I play on like 22fps ish and that is considered good for me!
Actually it goes in the 30+ but thats only when nothing is happening and I am standing still btu while fighting its like 20ish and low 15ish-13ish with stupid conquest.

The fps drops when minions spawn and when people group up and spam abilites.
It probably also doesn't help that I am playing upstairs away from my router, I play downstairs if I want to be a try hard and get perfect connection.

I don't understand then how people can be so bad at smite if...
I am playing almost 50-100+ lower fps than some people
PLUS I am using xbox controller which means they have faster turning, ect.

Who ever dies by me deserves it :)

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }