Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Explain to me why you build AD on Freya?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Explain to me why you build AD on Freya? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NeLoDK » March 31, 2013 6:43am | Report
So I've been playing Freya for a while, and recently someone posted PonPon's build on reddit, and he builds her with AD. And ingame I have seen others do the same. Can anyone explain to me why you would build her with AD, and what playstyle they use when building AD isntead of AP?

NeLoDK

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 31, 2013 7:37am | Report
because everything she does is Auto Attacks and her ult,now with AP you have a lot of burst on freya but with AD you have a lot more sustain damage inbetween your buffs.

thats the only reason, different play style. Burst or sustain.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NeLoDK » March 31, 2013 10:08am | Report
What items do you then build on her as AD?

NeLoDK

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 31, 2013 11:00am | Report
Take a look at Demonic Grip for example. It adds Physical Power, but also has a passive that reduces Magical Protections on an enemy. And who has two buffs that buff her PHYSICAL AD with MAGICAL DAMAGE? That is right, Freya.

The reason you would build AD on her is the same reason that you would build it on other Gods: Because each point of Physical Power equals one AD damage (without enemy protections in the mix). If you build her AD, you get the damage of a Carry as well as the buffs from her Pulse and Irradiate.

Now, I build her as a Hybrid, starting with Movement speed early game, Attack Speed and Physical Power early to mid, and Magical Power late game.

Like Animus said, burst or sustain, but you can also do a mixture of both. That is what's great about Freya. If you experiment with builds on her, you may get a surprisingly great outcome.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NeLoDK » March 31, 2013 12:22pm | Report
But when you think about it, Demonic grips only good thing is the passive of it?

But why would you rate demonic grip higher than a magic damage item that gives lets say 100 AP + 20 AD?

NeLoDK

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 31, 2013 12:48pm | Report
No no, there is much more to Demonic Grip than the passive. 25% Attack Speed for one, which is absolutely amazing. +30 Physical Power. The passive is nice, but that's not the sole good thing about the item.

However, with Freya the passive of Demonic Grip is most important, depending on how you choose to build her. Like I said, I build her Hybrid.

There is Brisingamen's Blessing, which turns Magical Power into Physical Power and that's something to remember as well. It adds to her AD.

The biggest reason that people would build her AD is because she is focused on her auto-attacks. You could build her with the AD of a Carry AND have the extra buff from her abilities. She is an up in your face God.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NeLoDK » March 31, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Can you show me your full build with that item? It is hard to rate it, with that item alone.

Because in my mind Freya does not need more Attack Speed than a fatalis.

NeLoDK

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » April 1, 2013 5:45pm | Report
Check out my Freya build. It focuses on using Attack Speed to burst an enemy down faster than they can hit you.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }