Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Difference between Warriors and Guardians

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Difference between Warriors and Guardians 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostyXAF » August 21, 2014 9:10pm | Report
I beta tested this game, but took a long break from it due to classes. Recently I picked it back up again, and a question has been bugging me as of late.

Specifically, what is the main difference between the Warrior role and the Guardian role? Other than the fact that warriors are physical damage and guardians are magic damage. I ask because I've seen both warriors and guardians as either damage dealers or tanks.

GhostyXAF

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » August 21, 2014 11:26pm | Report
Guardians usually have better defensive stats and a higher health pool, along with more CC.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 22, 2014 12:50am | Report
First of all, any warrior can be built as a guardian and any guardian can be built as a warrior, but neither will be as good as the role they are built for.

Guardians are tanks that are generally the front line or perhaps the peelers in the backline for a teamfight. They are incredibly tanky causing them to be incredibly hard to take down. Their threat generally doesn't come from damage but rather through utility, mainly CC. They disrupt more than they damage.

Warriors are in a bit of a confused spot right now, but think of them, in a way, as melee hunters. They have the potential to deal the same amount, if not more damage than hunters, but they are melee range meaning that they can be taken down very easily, so defense is often built. The difference between an assassin and a warrior is that in theory, a warrior is meant to deal more sustained damage to the enemies they can reach where as an assassin is meant to unload their whole damage in a very short period, often with some means to infiltrate the enemy backline and sometimes even escape.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }