Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Deserted

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Deserted 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ritchie556 » April 18, 2013 5:51pm | Report
(I created this thread because I couldn't find a search button on the forums to check if it was already made.)

I've been playing Smite for a month now and I'm totally loving it! Just 10 minutes ago, while playing the daily match 'Thor Day' I got to the god selection screen. And as the timer reached 0
it froze. We could still talk in the lobby and Thor was still doing its animations.

A guy from my team said it happened to him twice already and that we would soon crash to the main menu. And that happened. Afterwards I found out the game detected it as a 'deserter'. I couldn't join anything for 30 minutes AND I lost all my goodwill.

From my very first day I've never left a single queue or match, EVER. I'm level 16 now and I'm prety frustrated that I've lost my perfect goodwill just because the game glitched/ bugged out.

What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

ritchie556

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by danster21 » April 18, 2013 5:55pm | Report
When I am in the god selection screen and the timer reaches zero I sometimes have delays as long as 10 seconds before the loading screen but I havent froze before.
~Sir MooseHorn~

TIME FOR A FEAST - Bakasura

IGN: MooseHorn

danster21

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » April 18, 2013 6:36pm | Report
This isnt something you can really stop from happening, your best course of action would be to submit it to Hi-Rez so they can fix the issue, because as you said, another play was having this happen to him as well.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ritchie556 » April 18, 2013 7:28pm | Report
Nogglez wrote:

This isnt something you can really stop from happening, your best course of action would be to submit it to Hi-Rez so they can fix the issue, because as you said, another play was having this happen to him as well.

This was actually my first time using the forums. I can't find the section to submit something.
How do I contact Hi-Rez?

ritchie556

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » April 18, 2013 7:55pm | Report
something similar happened to me and I play it pretty long time now ...
nothing you can do I guess its a server bug I guess

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Theophyllis » April 18, 2013 9:05pm | Report
Goodwill isnt the most important thing in the world but i see what you mean
This or something similar to what happened to you has happened to me a while back. Like nogglez said the best you can do is to contact hirez on the official forums.
Stay a while and listen

Theophyllis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » April 19, 2013 1:15pm | Report
These are the challenges that have probably kept the game in "Beta" stage instead of being fully released already. There are a few bugs still, but Hi-Rez is doing a decent job of staying up to date on them.

The forced deserter has happened to me, too. It sucks, but it doesn't take too long to get back to 100% goodwill.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » April 21, 2013 4:36am | Report
Literally just happened to me recently. Emailed Hi-Rez about it. Their response:

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is a known issue that we are working on a solution for.

Keep an eye out for the patch notes for when this is fixed."

mellojoe

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }