Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Conservative players are boring

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Conservative players are boring 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 16, 2012 12:36am | Report
Why do we have to stand behind creeps doing nothing for the first ten minutes of the game? Why doesn't anyone have balls?

My teammate won't go in because he's afraid of getting killed, the enemies won't attack because they're afraid of getting killed. And at this point I'm thinking "Zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

They should change the name of Smite to "Cold War: The MOBA."

People worry about feeding but really, what's the difference between attacking at the beginning or attacking later? You feel vulnerable because you're squishy and have only one ability well guess what, SO DOES YOUR ENEMY.

Later you feel badass because you've got items, you're leveled up and have all your abilities, well guess what, SO DOES YOUR ENEMY.

I wish people would play more aggressive.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 16, 2012 12:40am | Report
If you watch tournament games or high elo ranked matches, you will notice that usually the agressive team almost always loses the lane, because they are easier ganked at lower levels.
The agressiveness should either start when you are really confident about what you are doing at level 3 or at level 10.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 16, 2012 12:59am | Report
But if both teams were aggressive that wouldn't be a problem.

I think its cheap boring ******** the way people hang back so much. Its just a game, its not like you die for real if you die in smite.

....do you? :S

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 16, 2012 1:02am | Report
A creep wave can kill you in 5 seconds if you attack an enemy god at level 1. And usually people have the most fun NOT dieing in the game.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » December 16, 2012 2:32am | Report
Without any intention to insult anyone but players with elo 1500 + are playing exactly like that. And let me add something else - they only play aggresive when they have a right teammate combo (Zeus +Odin , Wu Kong + Guan etc) othervise they play like a cowards going only for gank, or easy kill
How do I know all these things? I played with them and seen with my own 2 eyes

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 16, 2012 2:44am | Report

Without any intention to insult anyone but players with elo 1500 + are playing exactly like that. And let me add something else - they only play aggresive when they have a right teammate combo (Zeus +Odin , Wu Kong + Guan etc) othervise they play like a cowards going only for gank, or easy kill
How do I know all these things? I played with them and seen with my own 2 eyes

The problem is that players under 1.5k elo, also try to be agressive and be the hero of the game.
Usually they just feed hard, just had a game where I was the only 1.8k+ and lost, because on the right were people with like 900 elo who fed hard.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 16, 2012 9:12am | Report
It's all just a matter of waiting for the right moment to strike. You play passive when you know the risk doesn't meet the reward. Honestly, a lot of SMITE is a waiting game, you just wait for your enemy to make a mistake and capitalize on it with a kill.

Ex: Bakasura uses his leap to initiate. Hades counters by using his ult because Bakasura no longer has his escape. Bakasura dies to Artemis.

Smart players will try not to make these mistakes and sometimes this will lead to a passive game.

I personally dislike laning against anyone with a leap. I think they lead to passive play since almost any attack upon them they can retreat from and then counterattack once you've blown your abilities.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Milky » December 16, 2012 9:41am | Report
Following your logic.

Playing Arachne. Runs into minion wave to auto attack 3 gods and then jump on them for the kill. Doesn't even finish third auto attack. Gets snowballed to ****, loses game.

Milky

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lethalized » December 16, 2012 5:46pm | Report
I just think this is Kind of un-logical. You go out and be aggresive the first 5 minutes of the game (against a decent team) and tell me how it goes. 1-5 one wave of mobs will kill you in a heart-beat, plus the damage the enemy gods are inflicting on you. That's why it's completley smart to be more secure the first 5-8 minutes. imo
IGN:Lethalize

Lethalized

Memorable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }