Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Co-op mode makes you look good?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Co-op mode makes you look good? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 11, 2014 12:57pm | Report
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but take a god for a spin on Co-op mode. No you don't get accolades, or worshippers. However, you do get the win and kill/assists counted towards your golden skin loading cards. I think that's stupid as hell. I played once to see what it was like and saw a legendary Sun Wukong who was talking about how he was trying to get his kills over his assists finally....

Anyways, opinions on this?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 11, 2014 1:32pm | Report
You get worshippers. I think it's only the first co-op a day with that god, but you get them.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 11, 2014 1:51pm | Report
I didn't get any for the game I played. Maybe I'll try again, but I'd feel bad.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » February 11, 2014 2:17pm | Report
Not a fan of the idea. I'm fine with receiving exp and favor for Co-Op matches, but I don't think they should affect stats or worshipers in a game that's centered around PvP.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 11, 2014 2:22pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Not a fan of the idea. I'm fine with receiving exp and favor for Co-Op matches, but I don't think they should affect stats or worshipers in a game that's centered around PvP.

It makes people look good when they aren't. I really don't like it at all.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 11, 2014 6:55pm | Report
At least it doesn't give accolades...I had a nonakill - literally 9 in a row. Think of that on a stat sheet - highest kill: 9

Jeebus.

But I'm dual sided on it. Sure I want to pad my stats, but I know it's a horrible thing to be able to do. It shouldn't be allowed.

(Sure I'll do it while I can, but I'll still be the one advocating for it's removal. It's as if doing something gave instant 10k favor - sure you'd do it, but it shouldn't be there)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » February 12, 2014 9:50am | Report
In my opinion...good. Im tired of people looking at and playing for stats. Any stats that exist should be team oriented stats (# wards placed, assists, etc). A 'kill' doesn't mean a play is good or bad. It merely means they happened to do the last point of damage to an enemy.

And because some people care about their stats, you get 'teammates' who will watch an ally die just to ensure they get the last hit so their l33t score card can look better. Though ill admit, this isn't super common (at least not that ive seen).

So in my opinion, if the # of kills stat is ruined...I don't care ^_^

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » February 12, 2014 1:22pm | Report
I think you shouldn't get anything for co-op, unless they make the opponent way stronger. It's waaaaay too easy playing against bots. I only use co-op to test out some gods...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PyrexXxia » February 12, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

It makes people look good when they aren't. I really don't like it at all.

Very true. And this may be a touch off topic, but is in a way the result of the leveling potential in co-op mode that may be the reason I see what I see so often.

For me, as a very new player trying to learn the game and develop some skill and confidence, it is very hard to do so in a mode that I thought was designed for new players to learn the ropes in a more controlled and predictable game environment. Thing is, and may just be my own personal observation and in no way generalizes all players there, but more often then not I see very high level players there farming kills. As far as I can gather from observing the way they attack and how they play, many seem to wait, take the last hit when myself or another player did all the work on getting them ready for death. I'm not saying anyone owns a kill, but when a game mode designed for early players' practice is inundated with pro level players reducing the lower skill players' kills to assists repeatedly and leaving them to die when things get hairy since game objective is their second concern, it can really hurt the new player's impression about the game, it's community and have a serious impact on their confidence playing round after round and getting 2-5 kills while one player gets 25+, nearly all of which were assisted.

I'm not wining, now am I saying everyone is like this, but I think that it could really help tom have a matching system that prevents such unbalances match ups and maybe add a mixed level play option designed for mentoring or better yet that has an option to request a mentor much like TF2 has because it can really be a great benefit to the ever growing community to embrace the newer players instead of using them or discouraging them. Everyone was new once and can relate to what it was like to be inept at a new game in an environment where the term "Noob" is thrown around so liberally and has such a negative stigma.

My first day playing, 7 hours of frustration. Not so much from dying, but from playing and beginning to understand the dynamics of the game, but yet, at the end of the game, my team wins, but the level 30 players have all the kills and I was lucky to have 1 or 2. It wasn't until someone I met offered to help me out and play in a co-op match and help me with some true team oriented strategies that I began to really understand why people are so passionate about this game.

Just saying, and I do apologize for going on for so long, this isn't an attack on experienced players that play co-op, nor is it meant disrespectfully towards the more skilled players that play in co-op. It is just an observation on my part and a thought on how the game can be possibly updated in the future to provide the type of environment that encourages the growth of the community and a welcome feeling that not many games give to new players. Lets face it, as much as some may not like it when they become proficient at a game and lose a team match because a newer player may have made some rookie mistakes, those "noobs" are the future pros of the game and the community growth that comes with them, is what will keep the game alive for many years to come. Just think, when the game is out of beta how many of us will begin to play. :)

PyrexXxia

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tewky » February 12, 2014 6:47pm | Report
I have to agree that it is pretty stupid. KDA should only apply to PvP games. :/ Definitely should give exp and favor, but still stats should remain untouched
Competitive Player looking to play.
Preferred Role: Solo
Preferred Characters: Athena, Chang'e, Loki
IGN: Tewky - Feel free to hit me up for anything.

Tewky

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }