Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Blood Brothers MOTD

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Blood Brothers MOTD 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 8, 2013 7:02pm | Report
I'm not the only one noticing they've screwed this up like the past 3 times, am I?
First they have just thor. No loki, no odin, just thor, in blood brothers.
Then they did it again.
Now it's Odin and Loki in blood 'brothers'. Which is obviously just a tad wrong.

They did it right the first time - thor and loki. So what's going on?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 8, 2013 7:23pm | Report
Maybe... just maybe it's... Pie.

No seriously. I have wondered why it's always Loki and Odin. Because to my knowledge (Mostly out of the Thor movie hehe) It's Thor and Loki that are brothers. (In the movie though they showed Loki to be one of the frost giants so he was adopted)
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 8, 2013 7:26pm | Report
It is indeed Loki that is thor's adopted brother. There's a lot of lore missing in The Avengers but it has the gist: Odin 'rescued' Loki, adopted him as his son. Loki is in NO way Odin's brother. Odin's brothers are Vi and Vili (Or Ve and Vili, one of the two)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 8, 2013 10:04pm | Report
So they can't really be called "Blood" Brothers if Loki is adopted... The phrase "Blood Brothers" Means they came from the same mother.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 8, 2013 10:10pm | Report
Actually, it doesn't. A "blood brother" is someone that you would consider a brother, though is not of your blood.

For instance, I have (well, had) a friend who is blood brothers with someone else, and they showed that by scarring each other's arms. It's disturbing, really, but they are deemed blood brothers and are supposed to be there for each other no matter what. They're both sadistic, to say the least.

To say that Thor and Loki are blood brothers is to say that they are brothers via a special bond similar to that of sharing blood. Odin/Loki doesn't make sense, though. They're just being lazy there.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » September 9, 2013 1:13am | Report
According to what JararoNatsu wrote, maybe it's because Thor and Loki was travelling around the world together and lived through many adventures? You can read about it in Norse mythology.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 9, 2013 1:22am | Report
Odin and Loki are indeed blood brothers. They aren't family, but they shared blood (cut themselves and let each other's blood flood into each other's veins), thus marking them as brothers.

There might well be versions of the tale that state Loki is an adopted son, but the blood brother story is the one I'm familiar with.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 9, 2013 3:15am | Report
Thor and Loki aren't brothers except for the comic books where they are supposed to be brothers , but Norse Mythology does not refer to Thor and Loki as brothers , only the movie(s) .

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }