Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

AO needs balancing!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » AO needs balancing! 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Riddler66 » February 24, 2013 1:15am | Report
Hey all,

so as of late I've been playing Ao Kuang. He is fun and an all around good support. However I feel like he is way off-balance with many other characters in the game.

1) Ao is slow. I haven't checked the stats to see if he is the slowest, but in my experience in playing all the other characters I feel like he is the slowest (ok maybe Vulcan is slower). This is a real problem because this basically means you can't take a lane by yourself unless you know exactly where the enemy players are. If you end up running into a character like Anubis you're screwed.

2) Ao has no defense. unlike many other gods, he has virtually no defense and in time playing with him I feel like he is as weak as He Bo.

3) Ao has no escape moves. He can't jump and certainly cannot out-run anyone. This is really annoying. If I get ganked (happens often in this game) and I'm mid way between my tower and the enemies tower in mid lane I'm screwed again because I am too slow to run and too weak to absorb any damage. Basically all I can do is kill minions unless I know exactly where the enemy is. It's really frustrating.

I think he either needs magic power increased to do more damage and make enemies less likely to attack him, or he needs more speed.

: rant over :)

Riddler66

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Whiiiiz » February 24, 2013 2:54am | Report
I dont think this is right because of the fact that if you get chased you immediatley press 2 and put a tornado behind you or even your ult. I see many people just playing him putting his 3 down wich is just wrong his 1 slows people and you can zone really good with his 3 steal buffs (goldfury,firegiant) with his ult. And more damage is something he really dont need his torndoes late game are just insane plus his ult. I can agree he is really squshiy and easily dies but it all comes down to common sense on what to do if you should engage or not.

Whiiiiz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by InsaneAction » February 25, 2013 9:29pm | Report
Not to be mean but Ao is amazing and it sounds like a player issue... You should watch some streams on Twitch and watch how these people play certain gods. It will give you an idea how to build them and play them. That way you don't just jump into it and get mad because you think the God you're playing is trash.

Also take into account his Passive (5% of max mana converted to MP), you need to stack +Mana items to get the full use of his passive, Warlock Sash takes full advantage of this. Warlocks gives you a total of 70 magical power, 400 mana, and 300 health when it's at full stacks. That's a nice chunk of MP with some survivability...

As for not having an escape he has an amazing combo that makes it quite easy to get away from most issues. To really pull it off you need level 3 Gem of Isolation. When stuff goes crazy you use Slither to start you're run and as soon as you hit the door way to the jungle drop your Tornadoes. It's like shutting the door in their face. Even if they do follow through the 'nados the Gem of Iso will apply a slow. You don't even have to use the entrance to the jungle to drop the Tornadoes, as soon as someone comes up on you drop them on top of you and Slither around inside of them... If they're dumb enough to stand in them and try to hit you it will damage them enough that you could finish them off with Squall.

To top alllll of that off, his Ulti. If you are ever being chased with low health use your Slither FIRST and go in a straight line and drop your Ulti. Follow the path of your Ulti and let them get hit by it... It's important to use Slither first because when you are laid out flat "slithering" it won't play the animation of Ao casting his Ulti. So by the time they realize what's gonna happen they get a big blue dragon up their butt.

So to Summarize:

1) Ao is slow because he has his #2

2) His main defense is his offense and using it on top of yourself when someone comes up on you.

3) He has many different combos of escapes you just need to time your cooldowns to always have one ready.

Ao can reach higher MP than other Mages due to his passive. He already has 5% of max mana converted to MP add in The Book of Thoth and that's 8%.

InsaneAction

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » February 26, 2013 11:04am | Report
I have to agree with the others, here. AO is not underpowered. He's a little squishy, sure. But I can't tell you how many times I've been chased by an opposing god, and dropped tornadoes and my ult and not only escaped, but killed the chaser in the process.

Press "2" and flee. While fleeing, press "3" and put a tornado at your feet. Keep running, don't look back. If they haven't backed off yet, then either you were too far out of position (your fault) or they think they can kill you (their fault). Drop your ult also at your feet and keep running. That usually does enough damage to convince most players to retreat.

Also, don't play AO like you would say Odin or any of the other "brawlers". Keep in mind that he is a bit squishy and doesn't have a leap to get over walls or obstacles. So, playing with that in mind, you should be fine. Those tornadoes, though, are usually enough of a deterrent.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Djuro » February 26, 2013 12:35pm | Report
IMO, Ao is just perfect now. And if you want to do good with him you need to build him with Doom Orb and maybe other stack items because tornados can easily clear waves. And if you play smart and don't go in like you're sobek you should be fine.

Djuro

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }