Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

About reporting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » About reporting 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 29, 2013 3:22pm | Report
What happens when you report someone? In my last game, I reported an Odin. After feeding, he wanted to surrender but no one wanted else to. Instead of trying to do something worth mentioning, he decided to spam [VVGN] Nice Job! for the last 20 minutes of the game, without saying a word to anyone. Of course, he then proceeded to troll in the loss screen. Afterward, he reported me... for what?

Another thing, why do people think that they can get away with reporting people because that person wanted to report them? Does Hi-Rez look at the match and see what happened or is a report just something that stacks up to a ban?

I am so sick of trolls. So ****ING SICK OF THEM. They have RUINED so many games and I'm tired of them. I can't play one game without someone trolling or harassing or being a douchebag.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 29, 2013 4:51pm | Report
I'm not really sure exactly how reports are handled, but I'm pretty sure whether action is taken or not depends on how many reports a player has piled up. If, lets say these douchebags you've been getting are being reported by your entire team and the enemies, there is a good chance this would probably raise some flags over at HiRez to look into it and take action. I have no doubt it my mind that logs are kept of every match over there, so they can look into the chat history and score timeline to see what was going on in those games.

All I can really advise is to just keep reporting them, and maybe remind your team to do the same as well to help improve the odds of action being take. More reports means more attention to the problem, and a greater chance something will be done about it.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 30, 2013 12:19am | Report
It doesn't matter if you get reported for trolling once, but if the whole lobby reports you that is a different story. What really matters if you did more than once, if multiple (entire) lobbies report you there is a high chanse of HiRez looking into it.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }