Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

1v1. I'm just so terrified of it. Are you?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 1v1. I'm just so terrified of it. Are you? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 21, 2013 6:12am | Report
As a frequent support, mage, and tank player. I am terrified of 1v1. So far I've done... 4 i think. 1 loss with ra. 3 wins with hades. In hades I beat 2 thors and an odin. 1 thor was actually hard. had 2 kills more than him in the end. the other thor was not so xD. The odin ofc didnt stand much of a chance.

But still I am terrified of 1v1. I HAVE TO RELY ON MYSELF! Doesn't that terrify you!? XD
Like I said, as a frequent support, mage and tank player I don't need to worry much about getting kills just dealing early damage and supporting ganks. The thought of me against someone without back up is just... *Shivers* Maybe I just didn't want to noob up myself more after that loss with ra...

Ya. I handled those last fights fine. I did what a tank half support hades would do. Hit and run till half their health then ulti. BUT STILL. I bet some moderate players feel the same xD Call me a noob. But that's how I feel. XP
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 21, 2013 6:22am | Report
1v1 is about having a good duallist and continue counter building.

the rest is luck, skill and mindset.

don't worry 1v1 isn't as super high mlg player stuff. the only reason it has a level on it is because at level 15 you should be able to kind of know what the heck your doing.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 21, 2013 6:26am | Report
I get what your saying. If only I don't have the feeling of anxiety whenever I think of going 1v1 xD I always avoid that gamemode. I worry that I might lose because I played so noobish. I'd rage at myself if that happen.

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 21, 2013 6:42am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

I get what your saying. If only I don't have the feeling of anxiety whenever I think of going 1v1 xD I always avoid that gamemode. I worry that I might lose because I played so noobish. I'd rage at myself if that happen.

don't kick your self over something in a game especially a team based game.

arachne who can't keep her self alife in a team fight for longer then 1 second is a great 1v1'er.

1v1 balance doesn't really aply to the game mode where stuff is balanced around
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 21, 2013 8:35am | Report
Well it depends who I am facing 1v1. I do much much better in side lanes, just got done merking kids with op hercules went 6-0. No defense other than a voidblade. Why am I bringing this up?

Because art was my lane partner and I would allow her to go gank lanes since I can solo the 1v2.

I am hoping by showing you that 1v2 is plausible that 1v1 is def in your grasp of reality.

I'm just messing with you but it depends who you face. I hate mid lane simply because of the ganks and having to be on alert 24/7 to me mid lane feels like the junlger runs that **** anymore. It almost seems like who ever has the better jungler to gank mid wins the lane half the time, sike MOST THE TIME or should I say ALL THE TIME.

It also depends which god you are, for example I got done play op herc, after I get to mid game I don't really care if its a 1v2 because I'm herc dammit!

I also don't worry if I am hebo since I can spam my 1 and take half their hp with one 1.

Personally I hate chronos hes a lil ****er he is.

Do you mean 1v1 in conquest or joust?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 21, 2013 9:52am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Joust. conquest im fine. I like to rely on my team for the kills

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daheri » August 21, 2013 2:06pm | Report
Having come from GW2 in which I play a Mesmer, the class that is considered the best dueler, I absolutely love 1v1 and the feeling of "Okay, it's just me versus this one guy, GAME ON!" I love it even more when I play a sub-optimal god (Aphrodite) and win :P Of course you're going to lose sometimes; certain gods/builds can counter your certain god/build much easier than some other certain god/build could, and you can't help that; just do your best and enjoy it ^.^

Daheri

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ArlanKels » August 21, 2013 3:13pm | Report
I tried 1v1 joust once.

I was brand spanking new, level 15...

They had 22 wins in joust and quite a few more mastery points than I.

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh....
You can guess what happened.

ArlanKels

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 21, 2013 6:53pm | Report
I can beat any ad carry with guan yu 1v1 except for neh za! Late game he is impossible to beat 1v1

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 21, 2013 6:57pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

Well it depends who I am facing 1v1. I do much much better in side lanes, just got done merking kids with op hercules went 6-0. No defense other than a voidblade. Why am I bringing this up?

Because art was my lane partner and I would allow her to go gank lanes since I can solo the 1v2.

I am hoping by showing you that 1v2 is plausible that 1v1 is def in your grasp of reality.

I'm just messing with you but it depends who you face. I hate mid lane simply because of the ganks and having to be on alert 24/7 to me mid lane feels like the junlger runs that **** anymore. It almost seems like who ever has the better jungler to gank mid wins the lane half the time, sike MOST THE TIME or should I say ALL THE TIME.

It also depends which god you are, for example I got done play op herc, after I get to mid game I don't really care if its a 1v2 because I'm herc dammit!

I also don't worry if I am hebo since I can spam my 1 and take half their hp with one 1.

Personally I hate chronos hes a lil ****er he is.

1v2 is defiantly possible I do it all the time with odin and guan yu. Granted some combos are harder to play against thn others but I rarely loose my tower and usually end up getting fed :)

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }