Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do I stay alive as Isis?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » How do I stay alive as Isis? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GodDanSmite » August 11, 2013 8:05am | Report
I really enjoy the playstyle of Isis but I find that no matter how passively I play or stay back in fights, I cannot stay alive.

After watching some replays, I've seen that the most trouble I have is with gods who close distance swiftly (i.e. Tyr, Chronos).

It would appear that as soon as they get within close distance I can not escape.

Even after utilization of my Winged Gust to get away or my 2 to stun, I feel like they just catch up to me again.

I would appreciate on some advice for playing Isis or some items to help me counter these kind of situations. Thanks.

GodDanSmite

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 21, 2013 1:35am | Report
you want to just farm with isis unless a gank is happening. if you get ganked lay down your ult and attack. end with flying away with your 1. fly backwerds.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nukikero » August 30, 2013 1:01pm | Report
I played a lot of games with Isis (God Rank 10) and i think the Speed Buff is very usefull with Isis. Speed Buff + Wing Gust and you can dodge and escape a lot of attacks. And Void Stone is a must have with Isis ^^

Nukikero

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 30, 2013 1:17pm | Report
As Isis, it is very, VERY risky to play proactively versus reactively. If you stun them first, they can leap. If you create distance with wing gust, they can leap. If you silence, they wait and then use abilities. If you ult, the enemies can wait it out and, while you effectively deterred them from attacking, they can just disengage, then reengage while you have no ult.

However, if you wait for a target to leap, a point black stun + wing gust will ENSURE safety. A silence following it ensures they can't use anything else to catch up either. An ult after the enemy has engaged and used ults, means they can't disengage and reengage, because you would have the ult advantage, and you're at an even bigger advantage if they stay and fight on top of your ult.

The point I'm trying to get across, is unless you are SURE of what the enemy is going to do, it's better 9 times out of 10 to be reactive, not proactive - save that for the pros. Wait for a leap, dash, speed increase, etc, THEN use your escapes.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }