Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A little Question for all you that vote and comment on guides.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » A little Question for all you that vote and comment on guides. 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » September 3, 2013 7:25am | Report
What makes you vote or comment on a guide? there are lots of guides that don't have votes or comments that are good guides. Then I see the people that are in the community getting votes and comments... Is it like, "Oh I know that guy upvote" ?

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 3, 2013 12:19pm | Report
People that are active on the forums will of course be acknowledged more than people who say nothing but posting a guide on a site. What I mean with this is that people will most likely read the guide from guy that they've seen posts from on the forum, instead of the anonymous guy whose name hasn't been seen very much, because it draws more attention to them.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » September 3, 2013 12:59pm | Report
No one cares about my guide QQ

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 3, 2013 1:27pm | Report
If you recall I did post on two guides you published and gave my opinion.

As Piederman said, awareness of the person is a big issue there but also what that person posts. For instance, I comment on just about everything I see, while you will more commonly be seen posting updates or team- based things.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 3, 2013 2:21pm | Report
Personally, I have my own voting system
If you have inadequate item choices, no defense in the reasoning for said choices, bad reasoning, the unwillingness to take criticism from the community, and overall a bad guide that is NOT supposed to simply a build guide, that is WAS supposed to be a full guide and provided no depth, that is a downvote. I will not downvote someone because their opinions are different than mine - that's why there are several guides for the same god. To each their own.

In general, if I don't agree with a guide, or it's bad, but there is an appropriate level of trying, and willingness to cooperate with suggestions, I will not downvote something.

A truly in depth guide that covers items, actives, skills, skill combos, alternative options, and strategies, who responds to criticism / goes exceptionally in depth into the god, is an upvote. Basically, anyone who sheds more light on what to do than what simply looking at the god's info would give, deserves an upvote. They do not need to have the community-accepted build, or have mastered the god, just have good choices, and the proof/numbers/reason to back it up.

I personally try to provide criticism on every single new guide I see (and i try to review a few every day), so I can quickly gauge how flexible an author is in his guide.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 3, 2013 4:51pm | Report
My system is very similar, if not identical to yours. The only time I don't like a guide due to opinion is when the guide is composed of all opinion. I've seen guides like that, where there are no facts whatsoever but all opinion, but the cosmetics and build are good.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » September 3, 2013 5:37pm | Report
I usually upvote if the guide is well made. With good information. I usually downvote only build guides.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » September 11, 2013 11:10am | Report
When I cares about guides I scrolled true some of the guides for gods that I liked and upvoted the better ones. In my experience there aren't that many good guides on the site that have next to no votes

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » September 11, 2013 11:37am | Report
The same thing happens on MobaFire, too. People who are high elo are known and will get upvotes.

Janitsu

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }