Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable 86 posts - page 4 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 28, 2015 4:45am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

To be fair, right now a lot of the early gods are still viable. Sure, gods like Bellona are overpowered even after "nerfs" (Come on HiRez! Duration decrease on Eagle's Rally is enough of a nerf?), but out of the original gods, most of them are amazing. Out of the first 29 gods, Agni, Cupid, Hun Batz (originally SWK), Anhur, Ares, Bakasura, Bastet, Hades, Hercules, Sobek, Thor, and Xbalanque are all still played.

That said, the power creep in Smite is insanity. I think with new additions to the design/balancing team (-_- Drybear), design doesn't realize how broken new gods are compared to their class. Remember release Medusa with a 2s 40% slow, an incredibly scaling steroid, and the safest clear in the game? Forget Bellona, we all know she's broken a la Serqet, and I personally think she was made specifically for pro play. The real problem is that HiRez doesn't know what's good and what isn't, and when they make changes to gods, they don't know how to make them viable. At least not anymore.

And of course, there's the other side of the spectrum. Some of the newest gods, e.g Cabrakan, Nox, Awilix, are underpowered. If HiRez doesn't give us a balanced god soon (and Ratatoskr doesn't seem that way, at least from pro videos of how broken the healing acorn is), I don't know if I can trust the ranked scene anymore. Six bans isn't enough to get rid of insane products of design like Bellona.

TL;DR: I'm probably playing casuals until player skill becomes more important than "Hello, I'm Sylvanus/ Bellona so I win lane now uwu".
The on thing I do not really get is this....

On Xbox One Medusa has not been nerfed yet because the next patch did not happen yet. Bellona has been nerfed on Xbox One already for weeks now.

What I don't get is this, how people keep saying Medusa is crazy OP prior to the nerf? I don't really get it being that I have been playing against Medusa in conquest and the only thing that gets me killed is her ult for the most part.

Because from what I seen the combo is, Medusa ults then hits you with the 3 poison arrows and you die.

I just found a good group of players on Xbox One, we were partied up in a 5 man squad and we won like 6 games in a row before we decided to get of and go to bed (hahah I'm still up).

I have even faced Medusa's and beat them with not a super hard time, so I don't really understand what is exactly crazy OP. I get she is strong and the only good thing I see is the dash combo that can catch you off guard.

Other than that the only thing I ever die by is the ult if it catches me, but now on Xbox I have become so good that I rarely get hit by that ult anymore because I turn around before it hits me most the time.

Also with her poke, I learned that all you have to do is stand at the front of the wave to the side and it doesn't hit you.... so its not that bad

So what exactly is broken pre-nerf? Don't get me wrong, she is strong as hell and people go positive alot but I don't see anything that screams OP like Bellona when she first came out.

Now bellona was strait crazy OP, she was worst than a Hercules on steroids smoking crack with an Aphrodite healing him. I could easily see why Bellona was OP as hell.

But I can't see what exactly about Medusa screams OP? I have beaten her in lane alot when my team is not dumb and we actually communicate.

The only thing I think is dumb is that she can keep the 3 poison arrows around her until she uses them... they should have a duration.

Pre-Nerf what is exactly OP?

Her ult is the only thing that really has ever got me killed for the most part and now I dodge it most the time.

So if she gets nerfed which I know she is already on PC, I will have an even easier time....

She is strong pre-nerf but I never thought she was unbeatable, just annoying as ****.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 28, 2015 4:52am | Report
Pre-nerf Medusa could burst down the Gold Fury with a non-ultimate, had an insane slow even without the stun, and her laning phase was obnoxious. Now, her clear with Acid Spray is much more balanced, but Acid Spray used to have the range of a normal hunter skillshot and then the cone, and the cone was almost 180 degrees. She laned as one of the best hunters in the game. If you'd played her, you'd understand how broken she waa as a hunter.

To everyone else, yeah, Bluestone Pendant needs to go. No matter how much I love Xbalanque, either getting rid of it or nerfing the passive is the only step closer to making this meta more enjoyable. Also, maybe buff some of the gods with bad clear a la Apollo and the less survivable hunters Ah Muzen Cab, Freya, so that the meta changes a little bit and isn't Neith dominated.

I don't think we should revert to blue buff, though; purple buff makes some choices interesting. This is the first meta we've seen in which the support ( Sylvanus) gets a stsrting buff, and I think that kind of creativity should be encouraged.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 28, 2015 9:04am | Report
@FemFatalis It's amazing but in all these forum posts I can't disagree with a thing you've said.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 28, 2015 9:53am | Report
:3 Thanks @Zilby. I've played a lot more S2 than I had a chance to in S1 for school reasons, and honestly, playing even my favorite roles, I've had a lot less fun. ADC used to be so much safer and interesting, not playing scared because the enemy getting a kill meant the heaviest snowball in the game. Heartseeker needs to go/change, because Devourer's Gauntlet and Transcendence are simply more interesting items. I also think more magical ADCs should be made, so that Ancile becomes a potential niche stacking item. Qin's Sais can be changed back so that Kali and Osiris are viable again. Bluestone Pendant needs to be deleted. The guardians need a hard nerf a la the warrior nerf pre-S1, and I believe one of them (not sure who) needs a rework a la Odin. Probably Athena, she's too broken right now.

The duo long/mid mage/solo/jungle meta is also a little boring. I saw a post on here or the Smitegame forums about a potential support/jungler hybrid where the support would counter-jungle, but that was back in S1. The meta needs a shakeup, but not like this. Sure, it's much more skill intensive, and like the pros/commentators/community members have pointed out, it puts much more emphasis on skill at auto-attacks, game mechanics like freezing lane and denying, and timers, but that's much more boring than the S1 game state, where nearly any pick was viable. Honestly, I can't think of any character that couldn't be successful in S1. Even Xbalanque just needed to guard his blue buff. I just wish we could have a state like S1, not exactly the same, but with more viability. That's all. Of course there will be a dominant meta, but this meta is too overpowering.

Edit: I'm probably going to make a blog post on here about the changes that I would recommend based on making each god viable. Stay tuned.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 28, 2015 3:57pm | Report
I actually like Blue Stone pendant more than before when it was not in the game.....

Without that item its just going to be, sit in lane, use abilities a few times, run out of mana, keep going back over and over and its gonna be boring.

I like Blue Stone better because it makes the lane less boring, you can use abilities more often and fights are more likely to happen in duo lane because both players will still have some mana left over.

Before it was just, boring, camp, clear a wave, camp, have no mana, wait 30 years for some mana, finally get mana, clear one last wave, run back to base for more mana.

Compared to now, if blue stone goes bye bye, duo lane would be more campy and take longer to get action started, and in tournaments I like watching action and fights happen more often, I find it extremely borning watching a camp match because both players have no mana to do anything.

You guys hate blue stone for some reason

Blue stone is the #1 Thing that I actually liked that they brought in the game.
- Less campy
- More action
- Faster games
- Ect

Take blue stone away and that will revert to
- More campy
- Less action
- Slower games
- Ect

To me its much funner having your mana not run out after 3 Abilities and going back to base over and over, and over and over and over meanwhile nobody wants to fight because they will camp having no mana.

Blue stone makes nobody OP, each person can choose to buy it and each person is getting mana back so its fair for both people. It makes no difference if you both started with 100 mana or 2 million mana. Both have the same mana so its not OP.

Before both would just run out of mana when they run out, now if both by blue stone its basically the same thing except both can spam more.

It makes Smite less boring and Dou Lane Def became 100x funner for me.

Ever since that item came out I liked it and I don't play gods like xbalanque ect.

All it literally does is let you spam more and not go back to base as quickly

And what does that do?
- make the game faster
- make you not have to go back to base over and over
- when you finally back you will probably have enough Gold to finish a item, before you might not even get a full item yet because you will have to keep backing
- more action

To me it made Smite much better.

Anyways, Sylvanus can just be a **** and sustain mana 24/7 if blue stone goes bye bye, I would just use Sylvanus all the time and our lane would sustain more mana all the time.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 28, 2015 5:53pm | Report
The problem is that it does speed up games - and therefore, the physical classes that like speedier games (ADCs) become unbalanced. Also, it makes the snowballing problem even worse.

You can't just list the upsides of your argument without its downsides, you know.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 28, 2015 6:38pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

The problem is that it does speed up games - and therefore, the physical classes that like speedier games (ADCs) become unbalanced. Also, it makes the snowballing problem even worse.

You can't just list the upsides of your argument without its downsides, you know.
Yes you can list upsides with no down sides, watch me do it.

There is upsides to being not a herion addict and there are no upsides to being a herion addict.

There ya go

I see nothing wrong with blue stone, both hunters can get it, I like the item better than before when games where slow as **** and campy.

Its like saying a fight was unfair because one opponent was on crack and thats why he won... well when both people are on crack its far because both people are on crack.

Like wise both people are using blue stone so its fair anyway when its hunter vs hunter.

By the way I don't always run blue stone

I did solo Anhur and started with deaths toll and heart seaker T1 since I am getting blue buff anyways.

To be honest majority of people will find something to complain about, the game has been out for a few years and it does not matter what they fix, who they fix, what the meta is, who is op or who is balanced, or what items are fair or what items they fix or add.

People will find the next new item to complain about and once the meta shifts people will find something in that meta to complain about just like they do with every meta.

Oh I can pull up threads, every meta its something new

Even if the game was perfectly balanced people will still find stuff to cry about

Its my opinon Blue stone made Smite better, less campy. less slow, more fights, more first bloods and faster, ect.

Hey just because blue stone is added does not mean that you are forced to play like a feeder.

If you die its because you died, its not because of blue stone thats for sure.

** Here is my prediction - People will complain about something different when the next meta shift comes.

Who wants to bet money? I been on Smite for years since beta, people will complain for ever and find anything they can.

Don't worry, Cabrakan will be called OP soon, just let more people start playing him. He was called garbage even after buffs, now people want to call him "Almost there" all because Divos said that,.

Lol, people will find a new item to cry about, people will find a new meta to cry about.

Blue stone is fine, at the very very most they could nerf it but you guys want it completely removed, all that will do is slow the game down, less fights, more camping under tower, more backing, ect.

Hunters were strong as **** before any meta came

I don't know where the hell you guys been, sorry, hunters BEEN strong as ****, I didn't need a meta change to know that Neith could always go mid or solo.

Anyone with a brain knows that Guan Yu can mid, Herc can mid, Kulk can solo, Anubis can solo, ect.

Its a lane 1 on 1, just because meta says neith goes mid now doesn't prove anything, all it proves is that someone woke up one day and said "neith mid"

and everyone is shocked saying OMG how is this possible!!!

Meanwhile someone like me who has been here since beta am thinking to myself "really..."

This people are shocked at a ****ing neith going mid....

Whats next!!! Will people be shocked to know that Guan Yu can go mid too!????

This is peoples logic

- If Guan Yu is in solo lane facing a Janus people will be like "what the heck Janus is not suppose to be in this lane guan yu might win because Janus is not suppose to be in solo!!!"

- If Guan Yu is in mid lane facing a Janus people will be like "what the heck, Guan Yu is not suppose to to be in this lane, Janus might win because Guan Yu is not suppose to be in mid!!"

Really....

Really....

Its the same match up yet people think because one went to solo or mid that it magically makes them a less ****ty god or turns the tide lololol???

Its a lane and its 1 on 1... anyone that can clear can play in those lanes.

Why people are just figuring this out now because neith is going mid all of a sudden is beyond me.

I knew this **** every since Smite came out.

Blue stone is fine for me, I have more legit **** to cry about, blue stone is not on my cry list, other stupid **** is on my cry list and blue stone is not one of them.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 28, 2015 6:45pm | Report
...nothing you said made sense. Solo hunters shouldn't usually get Bluestone Pendant simply because, yes, they have the blue buff. I don't think you realize that Bluestone Pendant is a blue buff + physical power + no risk. In the old meta, it would be interesting because every 4 minutes there would be a chance for a crucial invade. Now, purple buff is useless past level 5.

And on your point about fairness since both hunters have Bluestone Pendant, that's actually not fair. It normalizes all ADCs to hunters, so no one can play mages because Bluestone Pendant isn't purchasable for magical characters. This takes out a lot of the diversity that the ADC role has. Also, it takes away the weakness of the hunter class: mana dependency. It's not just about hunter v hunter, it's about ganks, 2v2s, and teamfights, and when the hunter has practically unlimited mana, that eliminates the key weakness of the class!
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 28, 2015 6:52pm | Report
I want someone to legit tell me they died because of the item "blue stone pendant"

Lololol, one of you guys legit tell me you died all because of this item and I will giggle if you guys really want to blame the problem on blue stone for your deaths.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 28, 2015 6:56pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

...nothing you said made sense. Solo hunters shouldn't usually get Bluestone Pendant simply because, yes, they have the blue buff. I don't think you realize that Bluestone Pendant is a blue buff + physical power + no risk. In the old meta, it would be interesting because every 4 minutes there would be a chance for a crucial invade. Now, purple buff is useless past level 5.

And on your point about fairness since both hunters have Bluestone Pendant, that's actually not fair. It normalizes all ADCs to hunters, so no one can play mages because Bluestone Pendant isn't purchasable for magical characters. This takes out a lot of the diversity that the ADC role has. Also, it takes away the weakness of the hunter class: mana dependency. It's not just about hunter v hunter, it's about ganks, 2v2s, and teamfights, and when the hunter has practically unlimited mana, that eliminates the key weakness of the class!
Um... mages don't need Blue stone, they get a damage buff to help them clear waves and they already clear waves fast as hell.

Oh there is this item called MEDITATION

PS: Blue stone gets sold late game, I'm sure most people will say, oh but thats because you have more mana late game!!!

Yes, doesn't change the fact that once the hunter sells blue stone you guys will still complain about the hunters even WITHOUT BLUE STONE.

I know you guys will say "its for noobs" still doesn't change the fact its a item that solves your mana problem. If you you really need mana that bad then get Meditation

I can name a **** ton of items with no down side? What is your point, if you think blue stone is the only item with no downside, hate to break it to you, most items come with no downsides.

I can face a hunter with a mage and not need blue stone at all on a mage. Again which one of you guys really want to blame your deaths on Blue stone?

I'm sure the response will be something like "we are not blaming our deaths on it, it just gives them more mana to spam **** and has no downsides!!!"

Cool, alot of items have no downsides what is the point. Tell me what the **** is the downside of having rod on a mage? lol

What is the downside to having beads?
What is the downside to having Sov on support?

If the response is = its takes up an item slot that can be used for another item

Cool I can say the same thing, use blue stone for another item then.

if the response is, blue stone is better than I can just say the same thing, Sov is better, ect.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }