Smite God
Skadi

Goddess of Winter

Smite God Skadi

Role: Hunter
Types: Ranged, Physical

Skills

Skadi Skill Kaldr, The Winter Wolf Skadi Skill Piercing Cold Skadi Skill Rune Of The Hunt Skadi Skill Permafrost Skadi Skill Winter's Grasp

Skadi's Lore

Smite God Skadi Full of mirth rang the halls of Asgard. Celebrating, the Gods drank of mead and feasted on roasted beast while the corpse of their defeated foe, the Jotun Thjazir, lay cold nearby. For decades were they at odds. Now, that conflict was ended. Odin and his ilk openly boasted of their achievements, laughing and cheering while the floor ran wet with spilled spirits.

Then, the doors swung wide, breathing icy winter wind across the hall. There she stood, spear in hand, skin, porcelain pale, clad in snow dusted furs, and eyes blue as glacier ice but smoldering with vengeful fire. Skadi, the Jotun's daughter had come.

Transfixed by her beauty, the gathered Gods sought to dissuade her from violence. As a symbol of honor, Odin cast the eyes of her father into the heavens to twinkle as stars for eternity. Skadi was not moved. A life for a life, she demanded.

It was Loki that softened her heart with humor and dance. So jovial was he that, at last, her frozen features cracked a smile.

A wedding! Odin declared. Skadi would marry a God and so, herself become a Goddess. This would be her payment for the life of her father. Now warmed to them, Skadi agreed. Blindfolded, she was to choose her husband by only his feet. Eligible men came forth and Skadi made her choice.

Their marriage did not last. Niord was a God of Summer and Skadi a Goddess of Winter. After a few years, they amicably parted ways. Skadi returned to the snow-capped mountains of her youth, but without her father or husband, she soon grw lonely. Word spread of a war between the Pantheons. Odin and Loki, Niord and Ullr; these gods were her family now, and Skadi would not lose the only family she had left.

Skadi Guides
Season 3 Guides
Smite Fire Author
S3
14 Comments
October 16, 2016
80879
Views
13 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
June 29, 2016
22015
Views
6 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
5 Comments
January 5, 2017
21821
Views
8 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
4 Comments
December 22, 2016
2526
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
4 Comments
October 22, 2016
3366
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
39 Comments
May 27, 2016
196218
Views
36 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
4 Comments
August 5, 2016
4707
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
April 7, 2016
9799
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
14 Comments
April 26, 2016
15196
Views
5 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
12 Comments
May 23, 2016
45472
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
5 Comments
April 18, 2016
2640
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
FR
2 Comments
December 31, 2016
1552
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
3 Comments
March 30, 2016
8357
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
November 14, 2016
1429
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
May 4, 2016
4648
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
939
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
3 Comments
April 19, 2016
3219
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
4696
Views
0 Votes
Season 3 Builds
Smite Fire Author
S3
1 Comments
March 16, 2016
85105
Views
3 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
2643
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
August 26, 2016
3728
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
1 Comments
August 5, 2016
1701
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
8 Comments
October 10, 2016
50476
Views
7 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
4480
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
5 Comments
March 17, 2016
4390
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
3 Comments
March 20, 2016
10803
Views
3 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
6 Comments
March 5, 2016
8942
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
4361
Views
6 Votes
Smite Fire Author
FR
0 Comments
153
Views
0 Votes
New Guide
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
257
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
608
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
187
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
284
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
7 Comments
October 18, 2016
2080
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
984
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1659
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
552
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
1 Comments
August 27, 2016
1248
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
668
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1509
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1007
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1085
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1625
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
683
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
October 8, 2016
5921
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
1 Comments
September 10, 2016
2133
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1281
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
595
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1797
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
492
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1138
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
630
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
851
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
2470
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1224
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
6192
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1383
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
5315
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1097
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1271
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1390
Views
0 Votes


God Discussion

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
-1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | June 22, 2016 2:26pm
after some small nerfs wow every god gets nerfed after realease that dog did so much damage so they nerfed it but she was never viable in qonquest
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | June 23, 2016 1:32am
Only most gods don't get nerfed fast enough after their release
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | June 22, 2016 2:56pm
"SMALL"? K. i should've stopped a long time ago, you are the definition of denial. im done. dont even comment on this comment, please.
-2
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | June 16, 2016 10:39am
So after a long while im here to say that i was right she is totaly useless in qonquest and spl she got picked for the 2 first weeks and after that she was garbage she is like an amc= a bad artemis
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | June 16, 2016 3:53pm
Trying to boost your ego huh?
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | June 16, 2016 11:50am
Well no. No you weren't.

She's been nerfed heavily since release, so is much weaker now than she was on release, whereas you were trying to say she was rubbish, on release, while she was in a very strong state.

All the regulars on the site have seen your original arguments, and everyone knows not to take you seriously now, so don't turn this into another 10 page bury-your-head-in-the-sand argument please...
1
[-]
Zilby (123) | June 16, 2016 10:56am
She's a new god whose full potential has not yet been fully unlocked that still gets picked on occasion which with the right meta shifts could be in a very strong state at different times. Don't assume anything so soon after release.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | June 16, 2016 10:55am
IntellOyell wrote:
So after a long while im here to say that i was right she is totaly useless in qonquest and spl she got picked for the 2 first weeks and after that she was garbage she is like an amc= a bad artemis

after 4 nerfs.
1
[-]
iReauxbot (10) | May 12, 2016 4:19am
Skadi was my most anticipated and fun God I've played. Mostly because the skating rink. However that dog was too strong. Especially when it's a 1v1 and yoyou can force your opponent into fighting either you or Kaldr. Either way I've got one option as Skadi, attacking my opponent, where as they have two. Attack me or Kaldr. Either way Ive got the upper hand at all times if I play and build accordingly.
1
[-]
iReauxbot (10) | May 12, 2016 4:19am
Skadi was my most anticipated and fun God I've played. Mostly because the skating rink. However that dog was too strong. Especially when it's a 1v1 and yoyou can force your opponent into fighting either you or Kaldr. Either way I've got one option as Skadi, attacking my opponent, where as they have two. Attack me or Kaldr. Either way Ive got the upper hand at all times if I play and build accordingly.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | May 12, 2016 4:30am
iReauxbot wrote:
Skadi was my most anticipated and fun God I've played. Mostly because the skating rink. However that dog was too strong. Especially when it's a 1v1 and yoyou can force your opponent into fighting either you or Kaldr. Either way I've got one option as Skadi, attacking my opponent, where as they have two. Attack me or Kaldr. Either way Ive got the upper hand at all times if I play and build accordingly.


Edit: I had something that i wrote here, but im kinda tired of discussing on this site, since the latest ones.
1
[-]
iReauxbot (10) | May 12, 2016 4:43am
DucksRock wrote:


Edit: I had something that i wrote here, but im kinda tired of discussing on this site, since the latest ones.

Whatever you have to say theno say it. I work for a living.. not trying to sound rude but I don't read things word for word until I'm home since I only post when I'm on a smoke break or what not.. so I probably didn't when read what you said. Not to mention I don't pay attention to names. Skadis nerf was coming anyways. Who cares. She's still strong isn't she?
Load more comments (1 more replies) →
1
[-]
Greenevers (100) | May 11, 2016 3:50pm
Playing against Skadi in duel is not fun :(.
1
[-]
Stuke99 (30) | May 11, 2016 4:11pm
It's annoying and anger inducing, like fighting a Loki, Chronos, or Ah Muzen Cab. You can't do much and when you do and make one ****-up, you're dead and should surrender because you're never coming back.
1
[-]
Antman23 | May 11, 2016 10:36am
Was never op to begin with. Just another case of people complaining. Just like when they nerfed amatarasu...
1
[-]
Technotoad64 (23) | May 11, 2016 9:40am
So, with the nerf, is Skadi still op?
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | May 11, 2016 10:59am
Technotoad64 wrote:
So, with the nerf, is Skadi still op?

she wasnt op at all, just a bunch of idiots asking for a nerf in a patch which was supposed to bring her down anyways.

people who complain about skadi are probably duel/ joust mains
1
[-]
Antman23 | May 11, 2016 11:03am
Exactly
Load more comments (2 more replies) →
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 10, 2016 3:08pm
#MemoriesFromDarkTimes
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | April 7, 2016 8:32am
I don't know if ps and xbox are on the same patch but if they are they will get the god 2 weeks later then the release (If I'm right)
1
[-]
God of Milk | April 6, 2016 5:24pm
When will us ps4 players get skadi?
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 22, 2016 3:27pm
DucksRock wrote:


I owe you one, bud. you made me keep workin on it, will be finishing today or tommorow.

Great, no problem!

It's going to be interesting to see how your guide differs from mine, as mine seems to be the only really thought out guide atm, so I haven't had too much insight into what other people are thinking about her.

Look forward to seeing it
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 22, 2016 3:04pm
CakeSlapping wrote:

*Still waiting on DucksRock's guide...

C'mon Duck! I've put my take on Skadi out, I want to see your take on her!

I owe you one, bud. you made me keep workin on it, will be finishing today or tommorow.
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | March 22, 2016 1:56pm
IntellOyell wrote:

okay 1 this is a discussion of course it's gonne be long


Late comments but if you really want to discuss Skadi you should make a thread about it.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 22, 2016 11:12am
CakeSlapping wrote:

*Still waiting on DucksRock's guide...

C'mon Duck! I've put my take on Skadi out, I want to see your take on her!

i'm pretty much lazy, although this one is going to be the most in depth guide i've ever done, stay tuned.

Edit: Although the thing that could help me is being able to {{KALDR}]
#{{KALDR}}
Credit to GGF.
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 22, 2016 6:20am
*Still waiting on DucksRock's guide...

C'mon Duck! I've put my take on Skadi out, I want to see your take on her!
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 17, 2016 4:26am
CakeSlapping wrote:

It's not a discussion, it's an argument that has been going in circles for 5 pages...

thats it, not gonna comment, its pretty much going in circles.
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 17, 2016 3:26am
It's not a discussion, it's an argument that has been going in circles for 5 pages...
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 17, 2016 3:08am
okay 1 this is a discussion of course it's gonne be long
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 17, 2016 2:55am
Seriously, can both of you just stop replying here. It's been going on for about 5 pages now...
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 17, 2016 2:52am
okay 1 u think i didn't play her yet? 2 high pressure isn't an escape remeber what everybody said about our dog goobis? they said he doesn't need an escape because he has high pressure his way of "escaping" was kill the enemy beofre they kill u a lot of people said he didn't need an escape and now...hes stil not viable
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 17, 2016 12:11am
IntellOyell wrote:

u guys told me how to "escape" and i told u that those "escapes" can easily be countered and the high pressure of hers isn't an escape because a lot of gods have high pressure and they stil aren't viable

i said it was the end. and the reason why Skadi is special is because she has a lot more pressure, go play her and see for yourself
Bye. for reals, stop.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 16, 2016 11:41pm
u guys told me how to "escape" and i told u that those "escapes" can easily be countered and the high pressure of hers isn't an escape because a lot of gods have high pressure and they stil aren't viable
1
[-]
Warmongrel | March 16, 2016 5:52pm
Lol I main her too now.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 16, 2016 3:01pm
Warmongrel wrote:



*High-fives DucksRock*

So Ducks, have you tried her yet? I've found that Kaldr is a great assassin when it comes to escaping enemies. His dash really closes that distance fast.

Yh, i LOVE her, pretty much my main for the whole smite period, they fixed the wrong things they did with amc, and made her balanced. i love her.

and yh, i still stick to my opinion. i've been crushing Thor's here and out.

Edit: alright, i guess i shall now become the Skadi of smitefire.
1
[-]
Warmongrel | March 16, 2016 2:51pm
DucksRock wrote:


i dont wanna continue this, but we pretty much countered what you said, the vamana and amc arguments were not the thing, we did tell you how to escape and stuff.
Bye.


*High-fives DucksRock*

So Ducks, have you tried her yet? I've found that Kaldr is a great assassin when it comes to escaping enemies. His dash really closes that distance fast.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 16, 2016 1:58pm
IntellOyell wrote:

okay about those dots i personaly don't care and i'm not gonna talk about it anymore 2 the only thing that u just said is is ur arguments are hilarious and than said some quotes

i dont wanna continue this, but we pretty much countered what you said, the vamana and amc arguments were not the thing, we did tell you how to escape and stuff.
Bye.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 16, 2016 1:37pm
okay about those dots i personaly don't care and i'm not gonna talk about it anymore 2 the only thing that u just said is is ur arguments are hilarious and than said some quotes
1
[-]
Warmongrel | March 16, 2016 8:55am
IntellOyell, I understand english isn't necessarily your fist language, but hear me out. In english punctuation, a.k.a. dots, are important. Unlike other languages like japanese, english has no verbal punctuation, meaning that where you put the "dots" changes what your sentence means.

For example:

Woman without her Man is nothing.
Woman, without her Man, is nothing.
Woman: without her Man is nothing.

The first sentence means nothing because of the lack of punctuation, the second is misogynistic, and the third means that women rule the world.

At the very least, every language has separation between thoughts. I'd rather you had a separate paragraph for each sentence than a solid block of text.

Your arguments are hilarious by the way. Here, try this: "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it." That is a quote by someone important. Do you believe it? Probably. Proof that the person saying it matters less than the meaning.

Now a quote from the same person: "The Jew has always been a people with definite racial characteristics and never a religion."

Yeah, that's hitler. Still believe what he said in the first quote? Probably. But my point is that just because someone you agreed with once says something, it doesn't mean believe them no matter what they say.

And finally: Skadi rarely needs an escape. Play her and find out. You can do that now. And tiers are defined by the players. If you get repeatedly wrecked by a Skadi, just watch as you start screaming she's over powered.

EDIT: Before anyone has a panic attack, I used hitler as an example because I hate him, not because I agree.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 15, 2016 10:25pm
Devampi okay about the dots i personaly don't care about those i would do it when im typing something important for work or school but for things like this i don't care if I or somebody else doesn't type dots and yes maybe im just telling the same thing over and over but i'm not getting a good answer on it so that's why i'm typing it again and again and I see some arguements that are so ********* like that person who said that thing about vamana he was so wrong and the other who said amc was top tier in season 2 some the counter arguements that i see are so bull to and what u said here (il copy paste it)
I'm going to agree she isn't going to be S tier (like a lot of just released gods got into) however that doesn't mean she isn't going to be inviable. Maybe in high tier she is really inviable but in a lower team she can be viable. Still you never know what happens. Maybe some tactic will be found or another one is really good that she does show up in High lvl play. I have seen enough gods be signature gods on a certain player (even the most unusual ones)
U said self that she isn't gonna be s tier but in the spl gods that aren't high tier aren't viable kukulkan is viable in casuals and ranked but not in higher play because he is low tier

(and tiermonster recently chaged some things and they made a mistake they are going to fix it but at THIS moment of time it has some issues but it's gonna get fixed)
1
[-]
Stuke99 (30) | March 15, 2016 12:35pm
DucksRock wrote:

agreed, i went a bit too far, i was just annoyed. i'm trutly sorry about going aggresive, and i hope we could respect the end of an arguement better.

Agree.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 15, 2016 12:27pm
Wolfman5665 wrote:

Honestly, can we just stop? THIS IS A VIDEO GAME! A GAME! ITS MEANT FOR FUN, NOT FOR YOU GUYS TO CONSTANTLY ARGUE ABOUT! I come on this site to see updates on smite since I do not play it anymore, and occasionally to talk about real-world things. This isn't what we should be talking about. THIS IS ABOUT SKADI NOT THE SPL, I COULD CARE LESS WHETHER SHE IS VIABLE IN THE SPL. ARE YOU GUYS PRO PLAYERS!??! NO! SO THIS ISNT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE! WAIT UNTIL SHE IS ACTUALLY PLAYED IN THE SPL BEFORE YOU HARASS EACHOTHER ABOUT IT.

This is a place for DISCUSSION. Ive seen whats happened to this site before when people get worked up over small things like this. It needs to stop.

agreed, i went a bit too far, i was just annoyed. i'm trutly sorry about going aggresive, and i hope we could respect the end of an arguement better.
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | March 15, 2016 12:16pm
OKay guys this is going to get out of hands I'm going to request before a mod or admin needs to remove the whole page.

The only things I want to say to IntellOyell are:
1. The point about speaking languages doesn't really matter on your useage of dots. Do you do that in any of the languages you learned/are learning right now? I don't really have a problem with it only that it's annoying to read sentences when they are missing them. Also is there the chance of people reading an argument wrong because of the lack of dots etc.

2. You probably don't notice it however you are using a fallacy over and over again. The fallacy you are using is argumentum ad verecundiam aka an argument based on a authority (in this case it are the pros). It isn't always a fallacy when you refer to them however in this case it's a fallacy. The reason why is because your argument sounds like: she isn't viable cause the pros says so.

I'm going to agree she isn't going to be S tier (like a lot of just released gods got into) however that doesn't mean she isn't going to be inviable. Maybe in high tier she is really inviable but in a lower team she can be viable. Still you never know what happens. Maybe some tactic will be found or another one is really good that she does show up in High lvl play. I have seen enough gods be signature gods on a certain player (even the most unusual ones).

Still I'm going to ask people to cease this discussion the whole thing is running into circles. I made some comments on it but I'm not really planning on joining this game of shouting what this small discussion has evolved into.

(also what happened to Hi rez suported build site Tiermonster?)
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 15, 2016 12:06pm
Wolfman5665 wrote:

Ive seen whats happened to this site before when people get worked up over small things like this. It needs to stop.

This.

I think everyone needs to drop the argument.
Maybe she is, maybe she isn't SPL viable, but fact remains this is a site made for people playing at home on the computer/console, so SPL viability has little relevance.

Now, let's all agree to say no more on the matter.

Cool.
1
[-]
Wolfman5665 (6) | March 15, 2016 11:39am
Honestly, can we just stop? THIS IS A VIDEO GAME! A GAME! ITS MEANT FOR FUN, NOT FOR YOU GUYS TO CONSTANTLY ARGUE ABOUT! I come on this site to see updates on smite since I do not play it anymore, and occasionally to talk about real-world things. This isn't what we should be talking about. THIS IS ABOUT SKADI NOT THE SPL, I COULD CARE LESS WHETHER SHE IS VIABLE IN THE SPL. ARE YOU GUYS PRO PLAYERS!??! NO! SO THIS ISNT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE! WAIT UNTIL SHE IS ACTUALLY PLAYED IN THE SPL BEFORE YOU HARASS EACHOTHER ABOUT IT.

This is a place for DISCUSSION. Ive seen whats happened to this site before when people get worked up over small things like this. It needs to stop.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 15, 2016 11:27am
IntellOyell wrote:

OKAY SO CAN I ASK THAN U GUYS THINK UR SMARTER THAN ADAPTING? THIS COMMUNITY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SHE WILL BE VIABLE IN THE SPL WHILE EVERY OTHER COMMUNITY THINKS SHE WILL NOT! (I CAN ALSO TYPE IN CAPS) and stike99 the part about languages was a reply to soemthing else

I
DIDNT
SAY
THAT
YOU
HAVE
NO
WAY
TO
DISPROVE
US
AND
WE
DISPROVED
YOU

why dont you get it? YOU DONT HAVE CONCRETE PROOF, and dont trash smitefire, we just had an argument and we won...
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 15, 2016 11:14am
okay one the only reason why vamana is played now is because he got buffed 2 pros can be wrong yes but if all pros say the same thing than im pretty sure they aren't wrong and smitejunkies is at the moment the best site and the most people check it out and again what u said about vamana is so wrong he was the least used god in season 2 that's why he got a buff the buff made him viable what u said about vamana is so bull
1
[-]
Stuke99 (30) | March 15, 2016 11:04am
Your ignorance is staggeringly high as you can't open your eyes to see a possibility that she is good.

Also, what do you mean by "other communities" like the Juice Community? Well I hate to break it to you, but the Juice Community are a bunch of toxic MLG wanna-be's who follow the word of the pro's and the man child known as DMBrandon. We've been telling you over and over again that the pro's words are not set in stone as they can be wrong. Remember when no one would play Vamana and called him the worst god in the game for the longest time until a pro showed he is good? Everyone now plays him because those communities fanboys are a bunch of ****-riders who can't think outside of the box and only play god the pro's deem "worthy".

I decided to check out Smitejunkies, and all I got was a bunch of pro players builds, which explains why you can't think for yourself and need the word of your gods to tell you how to play the game.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 15, 2016 10:38am
No wonder everbody goes to smitejunkies lately ....
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 15, 2016 10:38am
OKAY SO CAN I ASK THAN U GUYS THINK UR SMARTER THAN ADAPTING? THIS COMMUNITY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SHE WILL BE VIABLE IN THE SPL WHILE EVERY OTHER COMMUNITY THINKS SHE WILL NOT! (I CAN ALSO TYPE IN CAPS) and stike99 the part about languages was a reply to soemthing else
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 15, 2016 10:27am
OMFG, WE'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THAT AND PROVEN YOU WRONG, STOP IT!

IM WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING, WE'VE ALREADY PROVEN THAT YOUR WRONG WITH THE PRESSURE TOOLS, WHY DO YOU KEEP REPEATING?!
1
[-]
Stuke99 (30) | March 15, 2016 9:33am
Ok really dude, stop. You're just running yourself in circles, repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot, and that part about learning a new language has brought nothing to the argument.

Just because a god lacks an escape doesn't mean they are bad, what do you know understand from the multiple post proving you wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion anymore, everyone has told you good gods don't need an escape but you have been denying it when solid evidence has been given. Do you know what god was top tier long ago, Ao Kuang ( before he was Kukulkan). Ao had no escape yet still has the high lane pressure, power, slow, movement speed increase, Area of Effect + Damage over Time, and the biggest base damage ultimate in the game. Yet had no leap or dash and was a huge threat in the beta of the game.

Stop with this nonsense you're wrong, so accept it with grace.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 15, 2016 9:19am
and her slow and permafrost and dog are not an escape and u guys might not think pros know everthing about smite but they know more than us and i went to ask adapting (hes counted the best player in the worldp and adapting said she is gonna be the same tier as kukulkan a decent tier but not viable in the spl because he has no REAL escape and she also doesn't and if u guys really think u know more about smite than the best player in the world than i give up he is the best for a reason and im pretty sure he knows more about this topic than us
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 15, 2016 9:13am
okay 1 ******** amc was never good at qonquest in season 2 he never got playd in the spl hes good at 1v1's 3v3's and arena and siege and assault but he was **** in qonquest and 2 if a thor ganks a chiron (just a random example) a chiron can easily escape the gank other gods without escapes are f'ed if the thor is fed up or if they are under fed and 3 I need to learn 6 languases (russian, dutch, germans, french, enlgish,latin) u think an average person is able to speak them all fluent? This is the internet and most people on the internet don't have english as their first language What i'am able to do isn't impresive because mine class m8 need to do this to but none of us can speak them all fluent so please don't be a grammer nazi and think it's unpossible for everbody to speak english fluent
1
[-]
CaptElfimis (4) | March 15, 2016 6:44am
AMC has no escape and has been top tier multiple and was one of the top ADC's of S2. No escape is irrelevant.
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | March 14, 2016 4:50pm
Agreed.
1
[-]
Doulunleashed (1) | March 14, 2016 11:35am
My friends who played LoL since season2 and etc always told me the old meta was based around the ADC. So the supp would have to protect the adc while they eliminated the whole enemy team on their own. What I'm going at is that if she is a strong adc, and your team can cover and supp you, then you can win the match. I cant say if she will get any competitive play but she might have a strong kit that will prove to be interesting.
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | March 13, 2016 2:36pm
GameGeekFan wrote:

1) IntellOyell please use concrete sentences. Makes it easier on the eyes.



Yes plz. I gotta say this IntellOyell, your arguments are even more annoying to read then ICEN (who put an enter after every sentence) arguments. And you are going in circles. You are trying (just like ICEN) to force your views into people. That isn't gonna work.

For your "if you behind you can't just farm because you will get ganked and dove" argument. This doesn't only apply to Skadi but every god in the game. Only a problem that exists if you are behind is that you can't do much else then farm. Picking fights with your opponent who is ahead is just feeding.

Also the Pros are Pros for a reason. This reason is because there mechanical skill is high (hitting stuff and seeing mistakes they can capitalize from). On a theorycrafting PoV they also have a high value. However like every Theory it doesn't need to be true. Sometimes Pros can't learn you stuff as well as a normal diamond player. Because skill lvl is to different (and sometimes the best teacher is a bronze or silver as builds per elo are also different. Depends if the person still knows a bit how bronze players play)
And to rub some more salt into that point. Pros have influence on the meta however normally the meta is decided by the high tier diamond and Master tier players. Meaning that the Pros just copy this build.
This is something that happens in every game not only smite or MOBA's. Even in hearthstone or an RTS.
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | March 13, 2016 1:46pm
Can I just say a few things please before this continues?

1) IntellOyell please use concrete sentences. Makes it easier on the eyes.

2) Skadi already has 3 pages on SmiteFire and she isnt even out on the live client yet. Right now all we have are skills and testing on the PTS. Which is not exactly reliable information to go off (though i consider it enough). The comparisons Im seeing though make sense, like released Ah Puch.

3) IntellOyell I feel like you are going in circles and stating the obvious that can happen to everyone. Everyone can get ganked by Thor like that is his easiest job. Not warding will be the only players fault, and being counter-warded but not noticing the ward suddenly disappearing is also the players fault. Go off a straight line of sight, like in Assault. Make it fair as well instead of pitting a Ymir against her without any beads or aegis.

4) Technically her slow (which is freaking 3 secs and 40% at max rank, BRUTAL SLOW) is an escape. Her 3 can be used as a movement speed boost if anything.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 13, 2016 12:13pm
IntellOyell wrote:

... He wasn't top tier he was good but not top at al and they removed the slow on his ult and made his 1 a rank up slow but hes stil able to slow and has high presure but he is a **** god for qonquest and his stil able to burst u down ez

uhm, Excuse me, but you completely ignored everything. Again, Ah Puch is not even close to being Skadi, she has more pressure, he focuses more on burst. the Permafrost and Kaldr, The Winter Wolf escape is way diffrent from Ah Puch.

all your doing is just ignoring everything we say, although we have actually done some research, your just blindly following everything the pros say, even though we actually disproved all of your arguements.
1
[-]
Stuke99 (30) | March 13, 2016 12:03pm
IntellOyell wrote:

... He wasn't top tier he was good but not top at al and they removed the slow on his ult and made his 1 a rank up slow but hes stil able to slow and has high presure but he is a **** god for qonquest and his stil able to burst u down ez

You're missing the point, he was Over powered when he came out and he had little to no escape. Just because a god lacks an escape DOSE NOT equal bad.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 13, 2016 11:47am
... He wasn't top tier he was good but not top at al and they removed the slow on his ult and made his 1 a rank up slow but hes stil able to slow and has high presure but he is a **** god for qonquest and his stil able to burst u down ez
1
[-]
Stuke99 (30) | March 13, 2016 11:39am
IntellOyell wrote:

guys ... u just don't get high pressure is not gonna help if ur behind and u can ward up and counter ward but they can also counter ward u a lot of people also said that ah puch didn't need an escape to be viable because he has high pressure but it didn't work out for him i know o should not always listen to pros BUT htye are pros for some reason they are better than us no matter what and u can't tell that's diffrent

You just said we shouldn't listen to the pros yet say we should listen to the pros at the same time, that's an oxymoron. Yes, you shouldn't listen to the pros but that's a rant for another time.

So what if she has no true escape, it just means you have to think outside of the box instead of just blanking out and have to use some brain power unlike every other hunter in the game besides Artemis. On Ah Puch, have you not seen what he could do when he was released? He could burst you down and keep you slowed before you could get within a meter of him and the slow on his ultimate and his first ability combined with Gem of Isolation was the reason he was a top tier mid laner for the longest time.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 13, 2016 11:01am
guys ... u just don't get high pressure is not gonna help if ur behind and u can ward up and counter ward but they can also counter ward u a lot of people also said that ah puch didn't need an escape to be viable because he has high pressure but it didn't work out for him i know o should not always listen to pros BUT htye are pros for some reason they are better than us no matter what and u can't tell that's diffrent
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 13, 2016 4:47am
CakeSlapping wrote:


Everything you've said there can happen to any God, regardless of whether they have an escape or not.

Stop acting like Skadi is the only God who can get pushed back/counter warded/ulted by Thor etc...

Exactly. Just because Skadi has a diffrent escape dosent mean she's bad, she just has diffrent mechanics. I already gave the old Nu Wa example, we provided you with all the information needed to answer these questions, you just keep repeating what we addressed.
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 13, 2016 4:12am
IntellOyell wrote:

but ward up and al those stuf last hitting minions it won't really matter because if she gets pushed in her tower than she won't be able to last hit all the minions and if she goes to jungle camps to get xp and the enemy has a thor yeah than wards wont help u to much if thor ults up at the rgith place or if the enemy has scout or if they counter ward than ur not save and if she gets caught than she won't be able to escape and ganking her wil be ez

Everything you've said there can happen to any God, regardless of whether they have an escape or not.

Stop acting like Skadi is the only God who can get pushed back/counter warded/ulted by Thor etc...
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 13, 2016 3:53am
IntellOyell wrote:

but ward up and al those stuf last hitting minions it won't really matter because if she gets pushed in her tower than she won't be able to last hit all the minions and if she goes to jungle camps to get xp and the enemy has a thor yeah than wards wont help u to much if thor ults up at the rgith place or if the enemy has scout or if they counter ward than ur not save and if she gets caught than she won't be able to escape and ganking her wil be ez

I actually answred that. Save purification, and again, using Skadi's pressure tools will help you to escape the Thor, and if she gets pushed you dont need to last hit, and while the enemy adc is gone you can last hit and freeze the lane, and you can always counter ward with a sentry, your just repeating the things i addressed over and over again.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 13, 2016 3:05am
but ward up and al those stuf last hitting minions it won't really matter because if she gets pushed in her tower than she won't be able to last hit all the minions and if she goes to jungle camps to get xp and the enemy has a thor yeah than wards wont help u to much if thor ults up at the rgith place or if the enemy has scout or if they counter ward than ur not save and if she gets caught than she won't be able to escape and ganking her wil be ez
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 12, 2016 1:40pm
IntellOyell wrote:

but what if shes begind than shes not even gonna be close to good because most adc can play from behind but skadi will be one that can't imo (still just assuming everthing)

If e's behind, she'll just ward up, Last hit and stay safe in the tower, I imagine chiron cant avoid a hun batz ult when underleveld as well, she dosent have to push, she'll just do what a normal hunter does, and she has Kaldr, The Winter Wolf for extra range.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 12, 2016 1:25pm
but what if shes begind than shes not even gonna be close to good because most adc can play from behind but skadi will be one that can't imo (still just assuming everthing)
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | March 12, 2016 12:55pm
I, For once, Don't think Skadi won't be viable in competitive play.
Remember release Nu Wa? when you ask everybody it seems they say she was op, well, when she was released, people begged for a buff, and suddenly, a pro player used her main quality properly, and she got reworked.

Because Skadi has a lot of pressure, like a ton, I expect a great Skadi to do well, and there are amazing mechanics and things a great Skadi player can pull off, That Artemis cant, She has a lot more mechanics in general, So completely comparing her to Artemis is just wrong.

a great Skadi player can pull something off in mostly all situations. Sure, She is a squishy non mobile hunter, But her mechanics cover for it, Good placing of Permafrost and correct usage of Kaldr, The Winter Wolf will get you an escape.

So basically, She's a safe pick if your really skilled with her, Although a good Chiron can completely dominate a great Artemis, I wouldn't say the same for a great Skadi.

Just my two cents on the matter.
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 12, 2016 8:47am
IntellOyell wrote:

her 3 can also let the enemy slide towards her to so yeah and i looked in the comment section and a lot of people agree

If you're just throwing out her 3 when its advantageous for the enemy to just slide straight at you that doesn't mean it's a bad skill, it means you're a bad player...
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 12, 2016 8:14am
and remember one thing against a chiron she wont be able to push him so she will get pushed in because chiron is domenat and so she will get behind if she is pushed in the tower and than her high damage wont really matter and her 3 can also let the enemy slide towards her to so yeah and i looked in the comment section and a lot of people agree
1
[-]
Greenevers (100) | March 12, 2016 6:28am
Skadi definitely isn't bad, but Incon was saying that she probably won't be competitively viable when she gets put on the main client. And I agree. Artemis doesn't really have an escape either but at least she has cc immunity. She's still subpar. Take a god like Ah Muzen Cab, who doesn't have an escape or cc immunity in his kit. He's pretty trash in competitive conquest. Skadi has neither a dependable escape or cc immunity in her kit.

She could work as a solo laner but it's dominated by warriors atm where she would get horribly bullied early game.
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | March 12, 2016 4:14am
For everyone nagging about no escape is bad god. You will never like any other moba or god without an escape if you keep this mentality.

Smite has this design flaw of a god needing to have an escape for it to be really high tier.
Mostly because in comparison to other moba's most gods have an escape while in other moba's don't give an escape to almost everyone (gap closers are are common (in a Hun Batz teleport way).

The problem which an escape gives is if you get out of position you can easily reposition yourself to a better spot. This hurts learning to position yourself in fights as it doesn't get punished as hard.
1
[-]
ThePerfectPrism (41) | March 11, 2016 5:38pm
I expect to see a pro player undo what Incon said tbh

I see a lot of potential from Skadi in the solo lane, and with a bruiser build.
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | March 11, 2016 12:47pm
...

Dont rely on information from pro players only. The goddess isnt even out yet on the live client.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 11, 2016 12:36pm
okay but this man sad it alredy incon (a spl player the support of team flex) and he said this god will not be viabel because of her no escape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scJj5cXee38 he said he said yes she has control and al those stuf but she wil nit be viable because of her lack of escape
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 11, 2016 12:02pm
GameGeekFan wrote:

Artemis is different. Her root is hard to place and her slow isnt 3 secs. And her 2 doesnt give much speed.


I wouldn't agree that a 25% movement speed buff is 'not much speed'... I do agree that Skadi's pressure tools make escaping and whatnot that much easier for her compared to Arty though.
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | March 11, 2016 10:23am
Artemis is different. Her root is hard to place and her slow isnt 3 secs. And her 2 doesnt give much speed. Skadi has a pet on the other hand so she has more of a chance, plus Permafrost is more reliable than a root.

If the dog got any hand on effects it would be too good of a pet. Just look at the descriptions and there is your answer. I think the only thing the dog gets is penetration but Im not too sure.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | March 11, 2016 9:33am
But Artemis is kinda like her in the same way kinda and artemis has movement speed bonus and slows and her root and her stun so i think skadi will be more placed in the solo lane and does her dog also get things like qin sais and frostbound? and if so how will it get 50%
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 11, 2016 9:11am
Take away one of her abilities to give her a dash and you'll cripple her pressure game, which I think is the point of her kit.
And like GameGeek said: all the pressure she can put on people is what she uses to escape.

I honestly like that she has no mobility based escape, as it serves to set her apart from a roster of already very similar hunters
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | March 11, 2016 8:59am
You are telling me that Permafrost plus her brutal slow and a doggy distraction isnt an escape? Just because she has no dash or leap doesnt mean she doesnt have an escape my friend.
1
[-]
Sp1dHQ (1) | March 11, 2016 1:53am
I see no escape => Low tier adc
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | March 10, 2016 5:32pm
I see some boxing potential in Permafrost
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | March 10, 2016 2:09pm
he probably does
1
[-]
CakeSlapping (29) | March 10, 2016 1:35pm
Now I'm assuming Kaldr doesn't share any of skadi's on hit effect (frostbound hammer, Qin's sais, crits etc), but does anybody know if he shares skadis penetration, particularly Titans bane's passive?
Newest Smite Gods