Smite God
Jing Wei

The Oathkeeper

Smite God Jing Wei

Role: Hunter
Types: Ranged, Physical

Skills

Jing Wei Skill Rapid Reincarnation Jing Wei Skill Persistent Gust Jing Wei Skill Explosive Bolts Jing Wei Skill Agility Jing Wei Skill Air Strike

Jing Wei's Lore

Smite God Jing Wei Against the red rising sun, a winged form sweeps out to sea, claw clutched around a pebble. With focused grit, she hurls the small stone into the watery maw, circling above as it sinks into darkness. Resolved, she turns back to collect another. Jing Wei will not cease until the ocean is filled. That is her oath. And she will not break an oath.

Once, she was a young girl, a princess, enamored by the glory of the morning light. She gazed in wonder as her father, Yan Di, the Flame Emperor, shepherded the sun from the eastern sea. Desperately, she longed to reach the place where it emerged, but her father refused take her on the waters.

One night, the princess sailed out alone, secretly hoping for a clear view come the dawn. But the waters were churning in a storm. Mountainous waves crashed into her tiny ship. The sea swallowed her whole.

Yan Di woke and coaxed the sun from the horizon, only to find the shattered remains of his daughter's boat upon the shore.

Yet, even as he grieved, a bright goddess burst from the ocean and soared overhead. "Jingwei!" she cried, and Yan Di knew his daughter was reborn.

Though given a second chance that day, Jing Wei swore an oath against the seas that took her life. She would fill them with stone until they were gone. An impossible task. But Jing Wei swore an oath. And Jing Wei will not break an oath.

Jing Wei Guides
Season 3 Guides
Smite Fire Author
S3
15 Comments
December 15, 2016
77262
Views
6 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
4 Comments
September 17, 2016
13754
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
37 Comments
September 12, 2016
214685
Views
19 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
3 Comments
May 3, 2016
12056
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
23 Comments
October 17, 2016
5647
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
22 Comments
November 29, 2016
7348
Views
6 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
6 Comments
January 4, 2017
1819
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
5 Comments
October 28, 2016
3258
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
2799
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
4719
Views
0 Votes
Season 3 Builds
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
5279
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
5056
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
18185
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
3 Comments
July 21, 2016
20683
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
8 Comments
September 11, 2016
52235
Views
8 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
4712
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
4 Comments
May 22, 2016
3662
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
1 Comments
August 14, 2016
19658
Views
4 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
April 19, 2016
3508
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
9991
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
3795
Views
1 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
1 Comments
April 15, 2016
4707
Views
2 Votes
Smite Fire Author
FR
0 Comments
166
Views
0 Votes
New Guide
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
221
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
6 Comments
November 9, 2016
1707
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
845
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1064
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
591
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
895
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
691
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
3466
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1621
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1431
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
2217
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
688
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
3137
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
2 Comments
May 2, 2016
5261
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
1670
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
2880
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
5323
Views
0 Votes
Smite Fire Author
S3
0 Comments
2843
Views
0 Votes


God Discussion

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
1
[-]
Technotoad64 (23) | May 12, 2016 6:56pm
Has anybody else run into that glitch where you ult into a wall out of bounds, then you just float upwards and can't get down? I ended up 4 levels behind, but it was no big issue since it was just a Joust anyway. I managed to get back to the fountain by logging out then back in.
1
[-]
Blades_to_Darkness | April 27, 2016 11:09am
I think these threads need to be just chatter about gods not a massive back and forth both the skadi and Jing Wei threads are like this. by the way i think Jing wei's passive is part of her kit and it allows for lots of early game presence the buffs were good but I'm still not sure what i think about her
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | April 25, 2016 3:55pm
Antman please be careful next time on how you type things here, for even if you say that you are not annoyed the typing can mean otherwise. Like "Does SmiteFire belong to you?" Unnecessary. Even if you are annoyed, keep your typing civil and not as biting.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 25, 2016 2:56pm
As for her ult. I like to use the curse relic and hit her 1 and if I can get the knock up I can usually hit it.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 25, 2016 2:50pm
It's cool dude. I'm not annoyed. Just hearing about a god being op all the time and everyone complaining is annoying. Every character has strengths and weaknesses. Hirez could give all gods equal stats and abilities and people would still say one is more op than the rest. Had to damn near ditch my old main (amaterasu) for my new one (skadi) because everyone saying she is too strong. Or too fast. Got a huge nerf. So now u have other "best solo laners". And guess what? People complaining. It's a shame. Amaterasu took the biggest nerf I've ever seen. It's a game. Stop *****ing and have fun! Just cuz your favorite god isn't top tier don't mean they are op. Lol
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 25, 2016 2:31pm
Antman23 wrote:



It's close but but I think a bit more damage would be best. It's simple to dodge. If u see it u dodge it. It's that easy unless she catches u in the jungle. And ducks rock I will comment anytime I want. Lol. Does smitefire.com belong to you? Thought so.

why are you guys being so rude?
i don't think that, i just thought that the Jing Wei page is overloaded, what's with the personal insult?
you can comment here as much as you want, it's just a bit overloaded.

i pretty much use Air Strike as a utility tool late game, engagement-disengagement.

until the buff arrives ( next patch) landing it is a bit annoying.

and again antman, i didn't not mean to insult you and/or annoy you. i am sorry for annoying you and causing frustration.
0
[-]
Antman23 | April 25, 2016 2:27pm
Daelinn wrote:

By the way, what are your opinions on Air Strike? Lots of people say it's hard to hit and all, but at least on paper its damage seems to be quite high as for a hunter- and covering rather a significant area.


It's close but but I think a bit more damage would be best. It's simple to dodge. If u see it u dodge it. It's that easy unless she catches u in the jungle. And ducks rock I will comment anytime I want. Lol. Does smitefire.com belong to you? Thought so.
1
[-]
Daelinn (25) | April 25, 2016 1:53pm
By the way, what are your opinions on Air Strike? Lots of people say it's hard to hit and all, but at least on paper its damage seems to be quite high as for a hunter- and covering rather a significant area.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 25, 2016 1:45pm
Antman23 wrote:

Does not need a passive nerf. Idc if she is getting buffed or not. Her passive is fine. K? K. And I read what u wrote. I just disagree. U think after hirez buffs her that her passive needs nerfed. I disagree. If u nerf it then it's useless as any god can walk to the same spot she lands at 2 sec after she gets there. That's lame. Leave her passive alone.

k, we'll leave it at that.
now
stop
commenting
here.

i disagree, but whatevs. please stop.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 25, 2016 1:42pm
Does not need a passive nerf. Idc if she is getting buffed or not. Her passive is fine. K? K. And I read what u wrote. I just disagree. U think after hirez buffs her that her passive needs nerfed. I disagree. If u nerf it then it's useless as any god can walk to the same spot she lands at 2 sec after she gets there. That's lame. Leave her passive alone.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 25, 2016 1:19pm
Antman23 wrote:

Omg just stop! Even after Jing Wei gets buffed her passive should stay the same! I've played with her and against her and her passive is nice but far from op. It's nice yes but can also set her up for failure. I was playing jungle and me and the midlaner ganked her many times over as soon as she landed. All u gotta do is keep an eye out. And as both of u said in battle she is below average. No problem. And she can only use it leaving the fountain. People only want it nerfed because they can't handle it.

what?
i said, once she get actually changes her passvie will need a nerf.
gosh whats with everyone not reading what i wrote?

also, she is super up. i destroyed any jing wei i saw with any adc, she's super luckluster. when she gets a significant buffed, she needs a passive nerf. K? K.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 25, 2016 1:10pm
Omg just stop! Even after Jing Wei gets buffed her passive should stay the same! I've played with her and against her and her passive is nice but far from op. It's nice yes but can also set her up for failure. I was playing jungle and me and the midlaner ganked her many times over as soon as she landed. All u gotta do is keep an eye out. And as both of u said in battle she is below average. No problem. And she can only use it leaving the fountain. People only want it nerfed because they can't handle it.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 25, 2016 8:38am
IntellOyell wrote:

...wow just wow...

I reacted in the same way.

i basically agreed with you that she needs a significant change to help her cope with the other hunters, but once she gets it, her passive needs to be looked at.

don't be surprised if i dont wanna keep argueing, you ignored what i kept saying on and on and on. it's tiring, to say the least.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | April 25, 2016 6:52am
...wow just wow...
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 25, 2016 6:50am
IntellOyell wrote:

she gets small bufs in her kit and the bufs won't be so big because most hunters still have better box potential these changes are good and did u even read it? or did u even play jing wei? the small changes stil won't let her be like something like rama or apollo or artemis she won't be able to box she isn't a normal hunter shes made to box but her box ability is still smaller than other gods so that's why she has that pasive. (btw if u follow smite news than u would know that hirez is happy with her pasive) and one thing she has the lowest hunters stats with thse changes smite wants to put her stats on an averege hunter win ratio so if she gets the averege hunter win ratio why nerf her than after thise bufs arent that big to nerf her right after. Wait i hope u know that nox got buffed right? but smite said on twitter they will decrease the bufs she will be getting because she felt a bit above averege but they were happy with jing wei and they think she won't get any changes. dont forget trowing dagger got nerfed to a core item for her. She doesn't fuction like a normal hunter because she is basic attack based so she needs some kind of buff for attack speed or something like xbal with his 1. so her pasive let's her be more agresiv and giving her a way of boxing because she has that security for safe backing.

Gee, the buffs arent even on live yet, and in this post i said once she gets significant changes, so maybe not this one spesifically.

Look you can keep ignoring my argumements all you want, im not going to continue,
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | April 25, 2016 6:40am
she gets small bufs in her kit and the bufs won't be so big because most hunters still have better box potential these changes are good and did u even read it? or did u even play jing wei? the small changes stil won't let her be like something like rama or apollo or artemis she won't be able to box she isn't a normal hunter shes made to box but her box ability is still smaller than other gods so that's why she has that pasive. (btw if u follow smite news than u would know that hirez is happy with her pasive) and one thing she has the lowest hunters stats with thse changes smite wants to put her stats on an averege hunter win ratio so if she gets the averege hunter win ratio why nerf her than after thise bufs arent that big to nerf her right after. Wait i hope u know that nox got buffed right? but smite said on twitter they will decrease the bufs she will be getting because she felt a bit above averege but they were happy with jing wei and they think she won't get any changes. dont forget trowing dagger got nerfed to a core item for her. She doesn't fuction like a normal hunter because she is basic attack based so she needs some kind of buff for attack speed or something like xbal with his 1. so her pasive let's her be more agresiv and giving her a way of boxing because she has that security for safe backing.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 25, 2016 6:23am
IntellOyell wrote:

DucksRock i hope u know that jing wei has the lowest win rate and stats from all hunters in the game. And she focuses on her mobility basic attack damage to succeed in her role, and Hi-rez wants to improve that. Her ability to farm and move around the map is great. BUT her box potential and her effectivenis in team fights is lackluster. The things that Hi-rez did to buff her were: buffing the attack speed buff she gets from 25% to 20/25/30/35/40% this is a good buff but this buff won't make her the bet boxer because their still better gods that do this (like rame apollo or artemis)(they also increased the duration from 5 to 7). Her 3 was complitly useless without getting knocked up and with such a long cooldown. Now if u use this ability without the knock up u get 3 sec of cooldown and 6 sec if used from a knock up. And the last 2 changes they did were buffing the damage on her ult (very needed because her ult is hard to hit and it didn't do to much damage) from 200//280/360/420/500 to 220/310/4Butchangedenyingtiltiltil not a big buff but it's something.And they increased the landing range from 40 to 55. These bufs will make her totaly balanced her stats will go up the the averege so why nerf the pasive? the Pasive is her bread and butter. Nerfing this will again make her stats very bad. Her pasive is the thing what makes her special. The said on the stream that the pasive is the most important part from her kit. This pasive makes her safe to play and lets her be more agresiv in the early game to get ahead because she needs to get ahead for her late game because she is made to box people with thse bufs she will be able to do that. Her pasive won't get nerfed.

Sigh.
Again, i said once she get changes to her kit that allow her to function like a normal hunter, the passive will need to get looked at, and you completely ignored that.

Stop denayig other argumements. You did that at yhe Skadi thread. Stop.

I said tgatvshe will need to get her passive looked at once the rest of her kit gets buffed.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 25, 2016 4:25am


It was a mater as who got a nerf. I'm aware that Jing Wei got buffed. Lol
0
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | April 25, 2016 3:11am
DucksRock i hope u know that jing wei has the lowest win rate and stats from all hunters in the game. And she focuses on her mobility basic attack damage to succeed in her role, and Hi-rez wants to improve that. Her ability to farm and move around the map is great. BUT her box potential and her effectivenis in team fights is lackluster. The things that Hi-rez did to buff her were: buffing the attack speed buff she gets from 25% to 20/25/30/35/40% this is a good buff but this buff won't make her the bet boxer because their still better gods that do this (like rame apollo or artemis)(they also increased the duration from 5 to 7). Her 3 was complitly useless without getting knocked up and with such a long cooldown. Now if u use this ability without the knock up u get 3 sec of cooldown and 6 sec if used from a knock up. And the last 2 changes they did were buffing the damage on her ult (very needed because her ult is hard to hit and it didn't do to much damage) from 200//280/360/420/500 to 220/310/400/490/580. But it's stil not a big buff but it's something.And they increased the landing range from 40 to 55. These bufs will make her totaly balanced her stats will go up the the averege so why nerf the pasive? the Pasive is her bread and butter. Nerfing this will again make her stats very bad. Her pasive is the thing what makes her special. The said on the stream that the pasive is the most important part from her kit. This pasive makes her safe to play and lets her be more agresiv in the early game to get ahead because she needs to get ahead for her late game because she is made to box people with thse bufs she will be able to do that. Her pasive won't get nerfed.
2
[-]
Devampi (85) | May 13, 2016 2:46am
IntellOyell wrote:
DucksRock i hope u know that jing wei has the lowest win rate and stats from all hunters in the game. And she focuses on her mobility basic attack damage to succeed in her role, and Hi-rez wants to improve that. Her ability to farm and move around the map is great. BUT her box potential and her effectivenis in team fights is lackluster.

The things that Hi-rez did to buff her were: buffing the attack speed buff she gets from 25% to 20/25/30/35/40% this is a good buff but this buff won't make her the bet boxer because their still better gods that do this (like rame apollo or artemis)(they also increased the duration from 5 to 7).

Her 3 was complitly useless without getting knocked up and with such a long cooldown. Now if u use this ability without the knock up u get 3 sec of cooldown and 6 sec if used from a knock up.

And the last 2 changes they did were buffing the damage on her ult (very needed because her ult is hard to hit and it didn't do to much damage) from 200//280/360/420/500 to 220/310/400/490/580. But it's stil not a big buff but it's something. And they increased the landing range from 40 to 55.

These bufs will make her totaly balanced her stats will go up the the averege so why nerf the pasive? the Pasive is her bread and butter. Nerfing this will again make her stats very bad. Her pasive is the thing what makes her special. The said on the stream that the pasive is the most important part from her kit. This pasive makes her safe to play and lets her be more agresiv in the early game to get ahead because she needs to get ahead for her late game because she is made to box people with thse bufs she will be able to do that. Her pasive won't get nerfed.


I know this comment is old however I missed a lot on this page. And I couldn't help myself to fix this person's "broken Enterkey" comment. (Just some advise most people won't even bother to read a wall of text like this.)
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 21, 2016 1:54pm
Antman23 wrote:

I have no idea what u are talking about dude. It's possible I have not seen a change since the nerf. Could u show me a link with details?

http://www.smitegame.com/grim-weaver-3-7-pts-patch-notes/
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 21, 2016 1:44pm
I have no idea what u are talking about dude. It's possible I have not seen a change since the nerf. Could u show me a link with details?
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 21, 2016 7:56am
Antman23 wrote:

Her heavenly reflection did not need to be nerf ed that harshly. Harsh nerfs need to be used on broken gods. *cough* ao kuang *cough*. But back on point I don't think Jing Wei needs a nerf. I'm an Xbox player so I don't even have her yet. But I seen many videos and her passive is nice but far from overpowered. I think it balances well when she is a little squishy compared to other hunters not named cupid and her 1 is hard to hit on other gods as well as her 3 not being a solid out. Ult also seems easy to dodge. So no nerf needed

She got buffed, in all areas, her passive will need to get looked at some point, the buff was super segnificant, so now she will need to get the passive looked at.

Please, i know your an xbox player but keep yourself updated with the latest stuff.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 21, 2016 7:33am
Her heavenly reflection did not need to be nerf ed that harshly. Harsh nerfs need to be used on broken gods. *cough* ao kuang *cough*. But back on point I don't think Jing Wei needs a nerf. I'm an Xbox player so I don't even have her yet. But I seen many videos and her passive is nice but far from overpowered. I think it balances well when she is a little squishy compared to other hunters not named cupid and her 1 is hard to hit on other gods as well as her 3 not being a solid out. Ult also seems easy to dodge. So no nerf needed
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 21, 2016 7:12am
Antman23 wrote:

It don't matter what they do. Even if they nerf her then they will be *****ing about someone else being overpowered. They wrecked sol. And I'm still Pissed about the huge amaturasu nerf. She is barely used now. It will never matter because there will always be something else to complain about. It's mostly just bad players that don't know how to deal with the situation.

Barely used? Ama is the second best solo laner right now, shes in a good spot, i play her on ranked.

Also, Sol is a top tier adc. I play her on ranked a lot. She has a lot of damage, splitpushing potential and teamfight potential.

I said they might need to nerf her passive to get her to A tier.
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 21, 2016 4:31am
It don't matter what they do. Even if they nerf her then they will be *****ing about someone else being overpowered. They wrecked sol. And I'm still Pissed about the huge amaturasu nerf. She is barely used now. It will never matter because there will always be something else to complain about. It's mostly just bad players that don't know how to deal with the situation.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 20, 2016 4:29pm
Antman23 wrote:



Her passive does not need a nerf. I swear every god that releases is classed as "op" and it's not. Her passive is only use able when she leaves the fountain. And if they nerf it then her passive will be completely useless as it only takes 2 more sec to get to the same spot! Stop complaining and fins a way to use it against her.

Sigh...
I am kind of inclined to agree in her current atate, but after the buff, i think they might will have to take a look at it...
1
[-]
Antman23 | April 20, 2016 10:53am
overld1 wrote:

I question who ever thought of the idea for her passive. Is so stupidly overpowered literally being a free teleport unlimited Teleport.


Her passive does not need a nerf. I swear every god that releases is classed as "op" and it's not. Her passive is only use able when she leaves the fountain. And if they nerf it then her passive will be completely useless as it only takes 2 more sec to get to the same spot! Stop complaining and fins a way to use it against her.
1
[-]
Blades_to_Darkness | April 18, 2016 9:44am
Cool I new you could Cancel it but i was just pointing out the fact that it can be confusing if you forget it, sorry if the way i worded it was messed up.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | April 16, 2016 2:41am
u can also teleport to anyplace in the map than use ur pasive from that place
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | April 16, 2016 12:50am
Wait it's a Chinese god and not a Japanese one. She looks way to much as an anime girl I just assumed she was a japanese god.
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | April 15, 2016 4:31pm
You can.

Also you can just dash out of your base with 3 and it doesnt trigger your passive.
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 15, 2016 3:14pm

I was playing Jing Wei in conquest yesterday and found that the passive can be quite annoying if your trying to defend your base because you wast about 4 seconds flying and landing.


Pretty sure you can end it at any time.
1
[-]
Blades_to_Darkness | April 15, 2016 11:11am
I was playing Jing Wei in conquest yesterday and found that the passive can be quite annoying if your trying to defend your base because you wast about 4 seconds flying and landing.

Also, if you play her in joust I found transcendence is better than throwing dagger which works better in conquest. This probably because you need better clear in conquest than joust.
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | April 15, 2016 9:42am
yes it's gee from girls genaration don't worry man it is and the reason they picked for this god because she looks like a member of the band
1
[-]
FrostyFlake | April 15, 2016 2:12am
Her victory screen dance is totally Gee, that's Gee right? It's Gee...right? It has to be. But... she's Chinese.. so why? Not that I'm complaining this is like my favorite goddess now.
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 14, 2016 10:33am
Devampi wrote:


Uhm I don't know where you consider 1/3 in the joust map. However if you look at your vid it looks at 1/2 in the start (which I don't consider a fully straight line). I also tested her flight range herself and she can almost land in the damage buff circle (which isn't a full straight line either)



Correct, at full flight it is 1/2 on the joust map. Thank you for correcting me.

Devampi wrote:

Her problem is that she has to much utility and not enough from the other stuff.


Summed up everything I've been saying in 1 sentence. This is what truly needs a rebalance for the time being. I could learn a thing or two about brevity from you.
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | April 14, 2016 5:29am

Look at my comment above, and look at this video in a 1v1 on the joust map where the passive is still reaches 1/3 of the map by flying in a straight line.


Uhm I don't know where you consider 1/3 in the joust map. However if you look at your vid it looks at 1/2 in the start (which I don't consider a fully straight line). I also tested her flight range herself and she can almost land in the damage buff circle (which isn't a full straight line either)

a debuff isn't a nerf in some points and buff in others. That's called a rebalance I believe.
A debuff is something like an enemy Witchblade aura or The Executioner passive.
So in the suggested case it would have been a nerf.

Her problem is that she has to much utility and not enough from the other stuff.
1
[-]
Daelinn (25) | April 13, 2016 2:16pm
Guys, no reason to take opinions in personal way; everyone will have a different one regarding such unconventional ability.

I think Rapid Reincarnation is broken but not overpowered- as it takes up the whole passive slot which could be used to enhance her combat capabilities; yet if it got into ranked unaltered I believe it would still be a subject of accusations about being "uncounterable" etc, just like Khepri is being treated.

But in all honesty, rest of her kit isn't that amazing; of course I have to admit that she looks fun to play and provides many possibilities thanks to the Persistent Gust combos, but I feel like she was meant to have too much utility in her kit, and thus ended being very average in most dimensions- having cc which can be tricky to use, dash which is very short if used without combo, rather situational attack bonus, and ultimate which could potentially deal tremendous damage but ends being hard to hit.

EDIT:
Actually, yeah, the word "debuff" raises negative associations- maybe "sidegrade" would fit more (at least I have seen it used frequently on MMO's, when for example an item was neither better nor worse, yet it offered different stats)
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 13, 2016 2:16pm
If I could revise that comment I would. I certainly could've written something more composed and organized, and less annoyed. I just felt the need to put emphasis on my points because previously, you weren't providing any counter-arguments. Just complaints.

Now being able to avoid poke damage repetitively is a fine argument, seeing as she can be back to lane in a relatively short period of time regardless of her role. However, where she is now it wouldn't do anything beyond leave your allies support and tower vulnerable to a whole minion wave assuming they are out-poking you and you haven't gotten a good clear. But I can't imagine Jing backing every couple of seconds just to get rid of a little poke. Heavy poke, yes, but again that leaves her tower vulnerable and she doesn't have the damage to deal with pushing the enemy back quickly. If you take away her mobility, in this stage, you take away the only thing she really has going for her.

If she's buffed in the near future, which she likely will be, and they give her better clear and make her steroid reliable and she becomes too much to handle as a result, then I wouldn't mind seeing a reduction to the passive. Or at the very least a speed reduction so she can't respond nearly as quickly.
DucksRock wrote:

Edit- Debuff means nerf in one area and buff in the other.

Debuff does not mean nerf one thing and buff another. De: removal or separation, Buff: To improve stats.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 13, 2016 1:42pm

Duck you keep failing to explain WHY this passive is overpowered. Your only complaints are that it reaches tier 2 IN MID ONLY, and the fact that it doesn't cost her anything. You don't factor in what she can do when she gets to where she's going, nor do you take into account her lacking kit. Hell if we are going to talk about passives not costing anything, Bellona gets 20 protection just from hitting people, or being hit 5 times. Osiris gets damage mitigation just from casting abilities. Hell, you could get the passive fully stacked before the game even starts just by doing that in the fountain at the start of the game! That's free damage 16% mitigation! It goes up to 50% with Judgement Tether OP? In addition, you've still failed to explain how there is no counterplay, when I even offered a reasonable solution!

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. A passive like this is okay because of how mediocre she is. If she was nearly as strong overall like the rest of her hunter counterparts, it would certainly be op. Her schtick is mobility. Take that away, then what is she?

She doesn't need a debuff upon landing because what the **** are you going to debuff? Her basic attacks? THEY ARE ALREADY ARE DEBUFFED UNTIL LATE GAME. Not only that, how long is the debuff going to last? She isn't going to mid. So by the time she even gets to tier 1 in the solo lane, or duo lane she has to walk the extra distance to get to her second tower by which point the short debuff would be over. If you debuff the duration, then she might as well ****ing walk to the towers, AND STILL BE A BAD HUNTER.

Claiming there is no counterplay, without even factoring in what she's capable of, and then asking for a debuff, without even bothering to explain why it's op and warrants a debuff is silly. Please provide some sort of counter argument.

Whoa, Calm down. dont get so annoyed, you dont wanna be me in the Skadi thread.

it basically just lets you shake off poke damage which pretty much shouldnt be done, and to get back to lane quickly with no consequences, making it harder to take the tower when you kill her, and she can just kill a wave and back.

And welp, there is no counter-play. i meant that they are going to buff jing in the future because she's garbo, but nerf the passive duration.

also, please calm down. i dont want this to be skadi thread 2.0.

Edit- Debuff means nerf in one area and buff in the other.
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 13, 2016 1:24pm
Duck you keep failing to explain WHY this passive is overpowered. Your only complaints are that it reaches tier 2 IN MID ONLY, and the fact that it doesn't cost her anything. You don't factor in what she can do when she gets to where she's going, nor do you take into account her lacking kit. Hell if we are going to talk about passives not costing anything, Bellona gets 20 protection just from hitting people, or being hit 5 times. Osiris gets damage mitigation just from casting abilities. Hell, you could get the passive fully stacked before the game even starts just by doing that in the fountain at the start of the game! That's free damage 16% mitigation! It goes up to 50% with Judgement Tether OP? In addition, you've still failed to explain how there is no counterplay, when I even offered a reasonable solution!

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. A passive like this is okay because of how mediocre she is. If she was nearly as strong overall like the rest of her hunter counterparts, it would certainly be op. Her schtick is mobility. Take that away, then what is she?

She doesn't need a debuff upon landing because what the **** are you going to debuff? Her basic attacks? THEY ARE ALREADY ARE DEBUFFED UNTIL LATE GAME. Not only that, how long is the debuff going to last? She isn't going to mid. So by the time she even gets to tier 1 in the solo lane, or duo lane she has to walk the extra distance to get to her second tower by which point the short debuff would be over. If you debuff the duration, then she might as well ****ing walk to the towers, AND STILL BE A BAD HUNTER.

Claiming there is no counterplay, without even factoring in what she's capable of, and then asking for a debuff, without even bothering to explain why it's op and warrants a debuff is silly. Please provide some sort of counter argument.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 13, 2016 9:23am
she needs a debuff. you are basically saying that its ok that she has this overpowered passive because the rest of her skills are pretty bad.

she needs a debuff. period.
1
[-]
AndroidOdnetnin | April 13, 2016 8:35am
I explained Rapid Reincarnation to a friend of mine who plays with me and he suggested, "Maybe if she got a power debuff for x seconds upon landing. Like she's getting her land legs back. x second power debuff for the x seconds she's in the air?"
1
[-]
Weezytheweasel (1) | April 13, 2016 6:42am
I agree 100%, i wasn't impressed in any matter with this new god. But, i think with a few tweaks and changes it'll work out really well.

GameGeekFan wrote:

Her 1 barely hits the archers and is even harder to aim at gods with.

Her 2 is very small and adds no extra damage, just a passive crit (an RNG for three hits)

Her 3 is barely an escape on its own and has to be used with her 1

Her 4 is just easy to dodge.

What she lacks in clear and 1v1, she has mobility and a teamfight presence. I think shes fine the way she is honestly. I wanna wait till the live client to propose any changes to her.
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 13, 2016 6:03am
DucksRock wrote:

Teleport: 160s cooldown, takes an sctive slot. Jing Wei passive- FREEE, COMPLETELY ****ING FREE.


Look at my comment above, and look at this video in a 1v1 on the joust map where the passive is still reaches 1/3 of the map by flying in a straight line. Look at how pathetic and lackluster she is by comparison to her opponent Artemis throughout the entire video. This god is 100% mobility and she really needs it with the state she's in atm to have any real presence.

Spoiler: Click to view


Enough of the "It's not counterable," or "It's free mobility," arguments. I'm just being realistic here with the way her kit is and how lacking she is in strength. Explain WHY it being free is somehow op in any way and describe how it's uncounterable. My stance is, if she received buffs to her kit, that MIGHT warrant a passive reduction. And only if she became impossible to fight afterwards.
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 12, 2016 6:55pm

Her passive needs a duration reduction, but other than her passive, she needs a buff.

Overall she's pretty useless as an ADC at the moment.

This is my entire reasoning for suggesting her passive is fine as it is right now. Let me reiterate, this is a cone ability, and it only reaches tier 1 on the sides. She really doesn't bring anything to the table once she gets to where shes going. That's the entire reason I don't care that it doesn't punish her for traveling so far in a STRAIGHT LINE. Now, that being said, if her kit was buffed a bit, even a little, I wouldn't mind seeing a reduction to the passive. That is to say if those buffs made her as much of a threat as a Hou Yi or Neith.

But for the moment, I cannot, for the life of me, imagine a scenario where the passive is now, breaks the game or has 0 counter play like other people are suggesting, unless she just chooses to be the middle laner. In which the enemy mage will most likely **** all over her and punish her pathetic wave clear and piss poor ability damage. She's a hunter with a ****-ton of mobility, and horrible ability damage. Her main source of damage will come from her basics which won't come online until she has a mostly completed build and you have to actually be able to land them.

The complaints I've seen geared towards this is so far are as follows, "It's goes too far and is free," and, "It's uncounterable." I even suggested a method in which it could be countered through simple coordination, and that was for the middle lane specifically which she won't be going to because she'll be terrible at it. Seriously, what is the argument for lanes she WILL be going to like duo and solo where it only reaches tier 1?
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 12, 2016 12:11pm
IntellOyell wrote:

okay maybe u could say that her pasive is a bit above balce yes BUT her 1/2/3 are perfectly balanced and her ult is maybe underpowered because u won't hit everytime so it balances it out if u nerf the pasive than buff the ult but she is perfectly fine not op or broken or underpowered imo she needs 0 changes

Hey Intell, Ready to admit you were wrong about Skadi? :P
1
[-]
IntellOyell (2) | April 12, 2016 12:06pm
okay maybe u could say that her pasive is a bit above balce yes BUT her 1/2/3 are perfectly balanced and her ult is maybe underpowered because u won't hit everytime so it balances it out if u nerf the pasive than buff the ult but she is perfectly fine not op or broken or underpowered imo she needs 0 changes
1
[-]
KurosawaShirou | April 12, 2016 7:22am
Her passive needs a duration reduction, but other than her passive, she needs a buff.

Her 1 buff doesn't last long enough to actually make a different, and added that the 1 second is wasted by knocked up, and could easily throw you in the middle of enemy's group, AND the area is also quite small, AND the damage isn't all that amazing either. Might as well make her 1 a buff.

Her 2 AoE is pretty neglectable, while the crit is a welcome addition, it still doesn't guarantee a good damage, since you can definitely miss one or two shots. Maybe add more shots and expand AoE?

Her 3 is practically useless. Just a dash, nothing more nothing less, and if not used with her 1 became even more useless. Make her default length as far as the knock-up bonus, but minus the buff, and maybe add damage to it, so it can be wave clearer as well.

Her 4 charges too long, line is too short, and damage isn't anything special, and really easy to dodge, unlike Kukulkan's, which at least moves faster. Maybe make it faster to charge and execute, add damage buff or make the line longer, and maybe add extra CC when she lands.

Overall she's pretty useless as an ADC at the moment.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 11, 2016 10:41pm



Correct, no one claimed any of her other abilities were unbalanced. Which is why I'm making the argument that the fact it can reach tier 2 exclusively in the middle lane is fine. The most she would realistically be able to do during the laning phase, assuming she isn't mid, is halt the enemy mid from pushing lane and even then, your teams jungle was probably going to do that to begin with. Also correct, there isn't anything punishing about the passive, save for where she chooses to go with it. Keep in mind that it also does no damage upon landing, and it's only purpose is mobility and map presence. Just because she can respond quickly to situations, doesn't mean she'll always get something positive out of it.

But there is counter play. The middle laner can just grab a Teleport, watch their manna consumption during the laning phase, and have the jungle watch their lane while they back. You can make the argument that mid shouldn't have to get Teleport, but this wouldn't be the first god that forces you to waste an active just for counter play. Just look at Ares. Her passive isn't even that useful for ganking mid tbh because the enemy mid will see you coming a mile away and simply retreat.

Teleport: 160s cooldown, takes an sctive slot. Jing Wei passive- FREEE, COMPLETELY ****ING FREE.
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 11, 2016 8:40pm
DucksRock wrote:

it shouldn't reach tier 2 mid tower and that's it. nothing punishing about doing that either, so thats why it's op.

i dont think anyone said anything about the dash she has in her 3.


Correct, no one claimed any of her other abilities were unbalanced. Which is why I'm making the argument that the fact it can reach tier 2 exclusively in the middle lane is fine. The most she would realistically be able to do during the laning phase, assuming she isn't mid, is halt the enemy mid from pushing lane and even then, your teams jungle was probably going to do that to begin with. Also correct, there isn't anything punishing about the passive, save for where she chooses to go with it. Keep in mind that it also does no damage upon landing, and it's only purpose is mobility and map presence. Just because she can respond quickly to situations, doesn't mean she'll always get something positive out of it.

But there is counter play. The middle laner can just grab a Teleport, watch their manna consumption during the laning phase, and have the jungle watch their lane while they back. You can make the argument that mid shouldn't have to get Teleport, but this wouldn't be the first god that forces you to waste an active just for counter play. Just look at Ares. Her passive isn't even that useful for ganking mid tbh because the enemy mid will see you coming a mile away and simply retreat.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 11, 2016 4:20pm



I'm fine with the passive as it is to be honest. Everyone says, "OMG SHE CAN REACH TIER 2 MID IN 2 SEC OP OP." The ability is a cone and it only reaches tier 1 in both solo and duo. It's used to swiftly get back to lane or be quick to respond to team fights from the base and I don't see how that can be abused considering the rest of her kit is lack luster in the damage department, literally. She only has 2 damaging abilities, one of them is her ultimate, and the other isn't even a true DOT unless you simply choose to walk into it. Most hunters get 3 damaging abilities which includes their escape. Her kit would likely be used to disrupt, and fight back.

Let her keep the long range dash, I don't think it needs a nerf because I can't think of a single scenario in which it would become game breakingly broken that you wouldn't be able to fix through careful manna consumption and having your jungle fill in your position till you get back. Besides, Janus can do the exact same thing on max cdr with his ultimate and a couple of manna potions or Book of Thoth. So really, whats the argument that this passive is broken? She's likely going to be the most technically intricate god to use at this stage of the game.

it shouldn't reach tier 2 mid tower and that's it. nothing punishing about doing that either, so thats why it's op.

i dont think anyone said anything about the dash she has in her 3.

It needs a nerf because it removes counterplay, you can just back with no consequences. compare it to apolo's ult, and late game it is a splitpushing tool.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 11, 2016 4:17pm
Technotoad64 wrote:

I think the idea here is to make a hunter that is stronger in early game. Her passive makes it so that when she backs during the laning phase, (which I find myself doing way too often) she can get back to her support in the duo lane quickly, so that you don't end up with a Khepri desperately trying to wave clear. **cough cough**

she has a pretty bad early tbh, they only gave her the ult and the passive to help her survive it
1
[-]
UltraSuperGenius | April 11, 2016 3:56pm
DucksRock wrote:

it reaches half the solo lane, it only needs a light duration nerf, everything else is complteley balanced, geez.


I'm fine with the passive as it is to be honest. Everyone says, "OMG SHE CAN REACH TIER 2 MID IN 2 SEC OP OP." The ability is a cone and it only reaches tier 1 in both solo and duo. It's used to swiftly get back to lane or be quick to respond to team fights from the base and I don't see how that can be abused considering the rest of her kit is lack luster in the damage department, literally. She only has 2 damaging abilities, one of them is her ultimate, and the other isn't even a true DOT unless you simply choose to walk into it. Most hunters get 3 damaging abilities which includes their escape. Her kit would likely be used to disrupt, and fight back.

Let her keep the long range dash, I don't think it needs a nerf because I can't think of a single scenario in which it would become game breakingly broken that you wouldn't be able to fix through careful manna consumption and having your jungle fill in your position till you get back. Besides, Janus can do the exact same thing on max cdr with his ultimate and a couple of manna potions or Book of Thoth. So really, whats the argument that this passive is broken? She's likely going to be the most technically intricate god to use at this stage of the game.
1
[-]
Technotoad64 (23) | April 11, 2016 9:57am
I think the idea here is to make a hunter that is stronger in early game. Her passive makes it so that when she backs during the laning phase, (which I find myself doing way too often) she can get back to her support in the duo lane quickly, so that you don't end up with a Khepri desperately trying to wave clear. **cough cough**
1
[-]
Devampi (85) | April 9, 2016 7:08am
I feel like she will be pretty weak early game compared to other hunters. also Awilix is a full counter (or if she knocks herself up it isn't counted as a knock up).
Her 1 gonna be hard to hit.

I gotta say HR is a bit vague on the descriptions how you gonna make a mid air 3 unless you are "knock up immune" (you get knocked up but don't suffer a penalty like normal)

(also they test stuff on PTS and don't readjust small part of an ability? Dafuq does pts exist for then)
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 2:14pm
I agree with you with that are you a new guy.
1
[-]
Emperor Warlord (1) | April 8, 2016 1:47pm
DucksRock wrote:


2 weeks*

however, it is an awful late game passive, compared with other hunter's passives
1
[-]
GameGeekFan (42) | April 8, 2016 12:17pm
Her 1 barely hits the archers and is even harder to aim at gods with.

Her 2 is very small and adds no extra damage, just a passive crit (an RNG for three hits)

Her 3 is barely an escape on its own and has to be used with her 1

Her 4 is just easy to dodge.

What she lacks in clear and 1v1, she has mobility and a teamfight presence. I think shes fine the way she is honestly. I wanna wait till the live client to propose any changes to her.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 8, 2016 11:27am
overld1 wrote:

Let me guess it could only branch off a few enemies not like to Golden Bow being devastating and the King of AoE.

cn barely hit a bunch of 3 ranged minions
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 10:47am
Let me guess it could only branch off a few enemies not like to Golden Bow being devastating and the King of AoE.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 8, 2016 10:43am
overld1 wrote:

Even add Deathbringer for her then you could do massive pain because her 2 also give her crit chance so she has one of the few strongest buffs in the game.

her 2 is the smallest aoe in the whole game, havent you seen it?
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 10:19am
Even add Deathbringer for her then you could do massive pain because her 2 also give her crit chance so she has one of the few strongest buffs in the game.
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 10:16am
I also see Golden Bow is extremely good with her if due to it's buff and one of her abilities could stack with Golden Bow have two AoE effects doing **** loads of damage to gods and minions.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 8, 2016 10:15am
overld1 wrote:

I totally agree 3.5 seconds will bring you just outside of the Phoenix. That will be much more balanced. But we have to stick with it for a month.

2 weeks*
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 10:11am
I totally agree 3.5 seconds will bring you just outside of the Phoenix. That will be much more balanced. But we have to stick with it for a month.
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 8, 2016 9:34am
overld1 wrote:

Have you seen her doing it going to the mid lane it goes to the front line

i said it needs a slight duration nerf, make it 3.5.
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 9:30am
Have you seen her doing it going to the mid lane it goes to the front line
1
[-]
DucksRock (41) | April 8, 2016 9:26am
overld1 wrote:

I question who ever thought of the idea for her passive. Is so stupidly overpowered literally being a free teleport unlimited Teleport.

it reaches half the solo lane, it only needs a light duration nerf, everything else is complteley balanced, geez.
1
[-]
overld1 (9) | April 8, 2016 9:16am
I question who ever thought of the idea for her passive. Is so stupidly overpowered literally being a free teleport unlimited Teleport.
Newest Smite Gods