Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable 86 posts - page 7 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 28, 2015 9:49pm | Report
I think that's been the misunderstanding of this whole discussion between us. Player skill does not equal god power. You may be a master with Anhur (and I'm p sure you are, from your profile and games played), but that doesn't mean that Anhur is a viable mid laner. Just as Kali is not a viable jungler right now, but a player could hypothetically make it work. Sure, you could go Anhur mid, but in a professional or ranked environment, it would be much more difficult.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 28, 2015 10:44pm | Report
Then please explain why people are so amazed that a neith can go mid lane....

That is what I want to know

Its like being amazed at something that someone should not be amazed at

I am not amazed that a cheetah can out run a human
I am not amazed that bikes can go on the road even though they some are ment for trails....

Likewise I am not amazed at a neith mid, a Anhur mid or a AMC solo.

I know this is off topic of blue stone but I would love for anyone to explain why people are amazed at a hunter mid as if this was not possible ever since Smite came out.

Its one thing to be amazed at blue stone pendant, at least you can be amazed at the starter item

Its a whole different story when I see dumb threads of people amazed at neith mid.

So this entire time I guess those people never thought a neith could go mid....

if that is the case they will probably **** their pants once they see a Hercules mid.

PS: Think Hercules mid is a game !!!

Its also strange how people say things like "Blah Blah is dominating the meta" there for its op.

You guys do realize that a meta is going to exist always and someone will always DOMINATE the meta, it doesn't matter if every god is garbage, balanced or OP, someone will always be called the "Dominate Picks" in the meta.

I just don't see whats so dang amazing about a neith mid, I watch the SPL and other **** and the announcers hype neith mid like that **** was never possible, like its some new found technology.

Come on man :(

I seen Anhur mids all the time when Smite was first out, hunter mid is actually OLD SCHOOL, not new school, hunter mid was the type of **** I used to see when I first started playing smite.

This entire post is just to rant about one thing

What the hell was so AMAZING about neith mid, who here thought that **** was not possible?

Pretty sure everyone knew hunters could mid and solo if they really wanted too. (most hunters)

BEFORE ANYONE REPLIES
I know what people think is "amazing" they are doing it because of her ult.

That is not what I mean by "what is so amazing"

What I mean by that is that people act as if neith could never do that **** before and now suddenly neith can do it.

Sorry, that **** been possible ever since Smite was out lololol.

Just like Anhur mid :D

Holy ****!!!!

Imagine how many jockers will jock Anhur mid once someone does it.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 28, 2015 11:22pm | Report
Sure, hunters could mid before. I once Art midded in ranked, Anhur midded in ranked twice, and solo'd as ADC about a dozen times. This was S1, BTW.

The difference between then and now was that Bluestone pendant means that ADC mid and solo apparently start to beat every other kind of mid and solo laner. It becomes less of an issue of god to god and more of an issue of class-to-class.

tl;dr: Sure, you could ADC mid/solo before, but now, mid/solo ADC is good enough to beat almost all non-ADCs, I think.

Also, you're correct and incorrect at the same time about the nature of MOBA metas.

In Smite, certainly, there has always been a dominant force in the metagame. It was mid mages, junglers, warriors, and now ADCs. Or it was a build, or an item, or whatever.

In other MOBAs...not so much. Some things are played more often than another, but nothing usually dominates (or in other words, is clearly a superior option 95% of the time) over the other. In Dawngate, you could literally do any role anywhere, like ADC support or all tank teams or trilanes or double jungle. In LoL, tanks are certainly dominating the jungle right now, but they're slowly nerfing them, and they never made other jungle types completely unviable.

The point is, an equilibrium where nothing dominates something IS possible. Just difficult. But it's possible.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 12:04am | Report
I just got done watching AFK VS Enemy Esports play.....

Afk picked Sun Wukong and Osiris, 2 gods that people would call scrub and garbage

The other team 2 hunters, athena and a herc..... might as well just say they did dual hunter dual gaurdian because Herc you might as well call a Gaurdian at the same time!!!

Seriously.... people act as if though two hunters is the end all be all, the fact that AFK picked to gods people call garbage and beat another team that is running two hunters shows that two hunters does not mean diddly

Its all about team comp and how well you play as a team with your god.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 1:44am | Report
Two hunters so op....

Not :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgBmgqLJNb0

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 29, 2015 5:54am | Report
Um. I think you're forgetting that Incon and CycloneSpin were the players picking those gods. Aka arguably the top 3 North American support and solo laner respectively.

It's not about player ability, it's about general balance.

Also, those two picks were specifically to counter the double hunter meta. It's so inbred now.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 7:16am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Um. I think you're forgetting that Incon and CycloneSpin were the players picking those gods. Aka arguably the top 3 North American support and solo laner respectively.

It's not about player ability, it's about general balance.

Also, those two picks were specifically to counter the double hunter meta. It's so inbred now.
Why did they lose????

What happen to op ? lol

Counter lol, good, if there is a counter to hunters then there is no reason to be crying they are too good if they have a clear counter just like Nemesis counters certain gods.

Oh since Incon and Cyclone spin played the god is means they are no longer garbage?

Yes because that makes sense, sorry if something is garbage then its garbage (I'm not calling anything garbage)

I just find it funny how people say certain gods are complete garbage and then those garbage picks end up beating the supposedly OP hunters and they didn't even run two hunters.

FYI there are other games where dual hunters also lost

So dual hunters are so op that they have counters.....

Pretty sure if something has counters that would make it less OP not more OP.

If there are counters to hunters like Osiris and wukong (even though they are not counters lololol) then there is no reason to be saying hunters are super OP and too good if they have a clear counter that defeats picking hunters.

How exactly is sun wukong a counter to hunters lolol? He counters nothing, he has a good stun, and poke, its not a counter its just wukong being wukong.

How does Osiris counter a hunter? He is melee range and hunters have escapes lololol????

A hunter should not even be getting merked by an Osiris for these reasons
- Osiris is close range
- Osiris main damage comes from his ability to stick on you and auto attack
- Osiris has a stun and they have to stay inside of his tether for a long time before it stuns
- Hunters are longer range
- Hunters do alot of auto damage
- Hunters have good escapes and apollo has a mezsmorize, a fly, and a dash....

So how again is Osiris and wukong a counter to hunters? They are def not counters to hunters....

Just face it, Dual hunters got ****ped on by Wukong and Osiris

So much for Hunters being op :D

lol

I **** on Hunters all the time, in fact I just got done ****ping on neith with Osiris, I got another 5 man squad and we played like 7-10 games in a row and won every single game besides our last game....

I was playing Osiris on like 3 of those games, Osiris is def NOT a counter to a hunter, just because he has some physical protections doesn't mean he counters anything, it just means he won't take as much damage but it does nothing for him to stop someone.

The only way I can defeat Neith with Osiris is for me to bait her backflip, how is Osiris a counter to hunters when all hunters will just dash or leap away before you can stun, before you can kill???

The only way to stick to them as Osiris is to bait out their jump then put everything on them.

I usually stand 3 feet behind them, hit them with my abilities, when they use their escape I ult after them and kill them.

But that is not a counter, that is just out playing someone.

Just face it, Osiris beat two hunters and wukong was called garbage for the longest and still is called garbage and the only excuse people can come up with when these type of gods win matches is "a pro played it or luck".

Or how about, maybe that god is not as garbage as people say
Maybe the god takes more skill to play
maybe the god only works on certain teams
maybe the person has more skill playing it thus its a strong pick for that person

You said Wukong and Osiris are counters to hunters???

How they heck is that a counter? I would like to know because I been playing Osiris lately and Osiris has to stick on you to do damage, hunters can just fly away.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 7:30am | Report
So basically, that team lost not because Osiris or Wukong counters, that team lost because the other team out played them and did better. Very simple concept, usually the most simplest answer is the correct one.

But if you really think Osiris and Wukong counters huntesr at least tell me why and I will reconsider it, but as of now I don't see how they are counters when almost all hunters can easily get out of Osiris stun or run from him.

The only time you are screwed against Osiris is when you have no escapes, you already used it, that is when Osiris goes to rape town.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 29, 2015 10:41am | Report
Osiris pokes out the enemy hunter early and strips gold in tower. Incon just played his Wukong really well, but the Osiris was directed for the Apollo matchup. And for the record, overpowered never means unbeatable, it just means imbalanced.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 7:29pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Osiris pokes out the enemy hunter early and strips gold in tower. Incon just played his Wukong really well, but the Osiris was directed for the Apollo matchup. And for the record, overpowered never means unbeatable, it just means imbalanced.
Okay I will give you the poke, Osiris can def poke them....

BUT, hunters have life steal, so mid-late game any poke they take from Osiris should not be that much of an issue unless they don't life steal it back.

And other than his poke, Osiris should not be able to kill someone like Apollo, actually Apollo should be the hardest MOFO for Osiris to kill!!!

Other than the Poke it should be super hard for Osiris to kill Apollo

- Apollo has a dash like most hunters, well some hunters have leaps, which already makes it hard for Osiris to get a kill being they can just dash or jump away

- Apollo's ult lets him fly away, other than late game, Osiris probably won't be able to kill apollo faster than his ult takes off unless he was on like 35% HP.

- Apollo has a mesmerize which stuns out Osiris if he ever gets close....

So actually Apollo counters OSIRIS LOLOLOL!!!!

How can Osiris do what he wants to do when Apollo has a mesmerize....

So yes, it is actually Apollo who counters Osiris now that I think about it.

Osiris could probably win early on possibly if he pokes over and over and clears faster by trying to zone the hunter.... but mid-late game Hunters should not be getting pushed by Osiris because by that time hunters have more damage, can clear waves easier than Osiris, do it from a distance and life steal his poke back.

Again

How is Osiris directed for the Apollo? If anything Apollo has a counter built in for Osiris that shuts Osiris down by stunning him out of his tether.

Also if all Osiris has is poke how would that be a counter to hunters when mages have more poke and their poke does more damage? Hercules can almost reach the same distance with earth breaker and will destroy someone he combo's with, Osiris may have a bit more poke than other warriors, but if the only benefit is poke, why not just pick a mage who has a **** ton of more poke aka AGNI.

Agni is poke king, why pick Osiris to face Apollo when you can pick Agni and drop AOE meteors that do more damage, can stun from a distance and has a better escape?

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }