Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable 86 posts - page 8 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 29, 2015 8:02pm | Report
Agni isn't a character who farms super efficiently into the mid and late games compared to an Osiris who can build tank or dps. Also, Agni is less survivable than a tanky-ish warrior. Mages like He Bo or Vulcan with super poke could be effective, but they're less safe. It's not just about the matchup, it's about the rest of the game going on around the matchup.

(also your replies are mad long)
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 8:57pm | Report
How can't Agni farm well? His dash at level 1 clears the entire wave and he can clear in 2 abilities I am pretty sure, flame wave might even kill the entire wave with the passive later on during the game. I know for sure dash + Flame wave clears the wave.

Yes Osiris can take more damage but Agni has a long range dash so he doesn't have to take damage, Osiris has no escape other than a small jump, compared to Agni's dash Agni's escape is superior.

And IMO Agni's poke is superior to everyone in the game, including Vulcan and Hebo. Yes hebo can shove a water sprout up your *** but Agni can shove 3 meteors down your *** and the AOE is 4x bigger and he can stun with it.

Apollo can Mes out Osiris anytime he gets close, then dash away, just face it, two hunters got poopied on :D

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 29, 2015 9:40pm | Report
He clears well, but his farm doesn't do too much. Agni can't carry due to the nature of scaling. Osiris can. For the umpteenth time, you're viewing every situation from one dimension or another. Smite is a game of pros and cons. Agni can poke, and is arguably an amazing poker, but there are so many other factors as to why he didn't see play and Osiris did.

Besides, it doesn't matter that Osiris or another god was picked. What matters is that this meta is forcing god picks just to deal with the hunters. Let's note that the Apollo still performed vs AFK, it was just AFK's superior play that won them the game. Hunters are too good and too versatile.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 29, 2015 10:00pm | Report
@FemFatalis, I think you may be repeating yourself at this point :/
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 29, 2015 10:09pm | Report
Yeah. Honestly, this thread should either be locked or head in a new direction.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 29, 2015 11:31pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Yeah. Honestly, this thread should either be locked or head in a new direction.
You called OSIRIS AND WUKONG A FREAKING COUNTER TO HUNTERS

You provided no good reason how Osiris counters apollo

All you said was "poke"

OMG that is such a counter!!!!

Especially when Apollo counters Osiris harder with Mes

I legit want to see how many people on this forum actually think Osiris is a counter to hunters

Please, raise your hands

People that want the thread locked are usually the people who can't come back with any good argument

I'm still waiting on how Osiris is such an amazing counter because of "poke" on hunters that have life steal lol and Osiris poke doesn't even do crazy damage.

If Osiris is a counter to Hunters PLEASE COME FACE ME WITH OSIRIS

I WILL BE WAITING

Can Osiris win a lane? Maybe

To say he is a counter to hunters because of low damage poke is not that much of a counter

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » May 30, 2015 12:09am | Report
This started from the hunter guardian meta being bad and turned into an argument over whether or not Osiris can beat Apollo...

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 30, 2015 1:07am | Report
Wolfman5665 wrote:

This started from the hunter guardian meta being bad and turned into an argument over whether or not Osiris can beat Apollo...
No, he said OSIRIS IS A COUNTER to hunters

do you think Osiris is a counter to hunters YES or NO explain why

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » May 30, 2015 2:14am | Report
Why are you so angry though. Who gives a **** about Osiris beating Apollo or not.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 30, 2015 2:28am | Report
No, obviously not. Osiris is one god with individual strengths and weaknesses and therefore cannot counter an entire class by himself. Unless he had -100% attack speed somewhere on him.

But does he counter Apollo? Hmm...

Well, Osiris does have a poke that doubles as waveclear, while Apollo has ****ty waveclear and lacks poke. I think that he might? I don't play Osiris or Apollo (or Smite for a while), so I can't be sure, but it seems that Osiris might be a counter to Apollo at least.

Actually, isn't Apollo one of the worst ADCs right now?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }