Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hunter Guardian Meta Is Horribly Unenjoyable 86 posts - page 9 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 30, 2015 3:06am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

No, obviously not. Osiris is one god with individual strengths and weaknesses and therefore cannot counter an entire class by himself. Unless he had -100% attack speed somewhere on him.

But does he counter Apollo? Hmm...

Well, Osiris does have a poke that doubles as waveclear, while Apollo has ****ty waveclear and lacks poke. I think that he might? I don't play Osiris or Apollo (or Smite for a while), so I can't be sure, but it seems that Osiris might be a counter to Apollo at least.

Actually, isn't Apollo one of the worst ADCs right now?
Apollo is the worst based on "nerf" therefor magically is the worst, even though he still has the most annoying split push, most annoying hunter to lock down, ect.

What do you mean Osiris "doubles" as wave clear? Don't really understand what that means.

From what I seen this is how you are suppose to clear with Osiris.
- Auto attack the melee minions and poke the archer minions

The poke does NOT clear the archer minions early game meaning when you poke archers they are on like 10% HP while you are attacking melee minions.

In order to clear melee you have to auto attack
In order to auto attack you have to be close enough to auto attack

Can you think of the annoying problem yet? If not face a neith and you'll find out, but I'll tell you anyways but its kind of obvious.

I faced a Neith earlier

Osiris HAS and I literally mean HAS to melee the minons while poking to clear fast, if you do not melee the minions and just do nothing but poke even apollo will out clear you.

So here is the problem when facing a hunter who has a brain

Osiris gets the free poke on Archers, okay they can't really stop this

But almost all hunters have a strait line skill shot to clear waves, and Osiris will eat that damage if he tries to melee the front wave. Apollo can hit you with his so beautiful because as Osiris you have to be in melee range which is close enough for most hunters AOE to hit you while they clear the wave at the same time

Also you can't just poke the enemy with Osiris, if you choose to waste a poke on the enemy then the archer minions are going to take even longer to clear, meanwhile the hunter did not waste their ability on you and will out clear you, and at the same time damage you if you are autoing minions because they can just shoot you while hitting the wave with their wave clear ability.

This is why neith is worst
- If she puts her passive thingy around the minions Osiris is screwed
- Now if you come close to the wave at all, neith's wave clear will def hit you for sure with her passive on the ground near the minons.

How would you think Osiris could counter Apollo anyways? Even if you pretended Apollo lost wave clear to Osiris other than poking Osiris can not touch apollo.

Osiris is not a god who kills you by poking over and over (and if you keep doing that your not clearing the wave as fast as Apollo for sure).

Other than that poke Osiris has to get close to apollo to do any real damage, oh but we have a problem, Apollo counters Osiris even harder because #1 - Apollo can dash away, #2 Apollo can Ult away and #3 His shuts down Osiris so hard with his Mesmorize that its not even a contest.

That is like saying can Osiris stick to ***ba? heck no because ***ba will stun Osiris anytime he gets close but Apollo is even better than ***bha because he has the Mes and on top of it a better dash and his ult flys away...

Its simple really

This is how they clear waves

Apollo = Uses his strait line ability to clear wave, then follows up with auto attacks
Osiris = Pokes the back archers while meleeing the front melee minions

Who wins then?

Apollo should win because apollo does not have to put himself in danger of taking damage while Osiris does, Osiris has to stand right next to the wave which is normally close enough to get hit by hunters wave clear abilities. Apollo is way safter than Osiris with a dash, a fly and a super long Mesz.

The only true Hunter or Hunters someone like Osiris could counter would probably be someone like Anhur, but other gods can troll Anhur as well.

How to troll Anhur with Osiris or with any god

Stand in the minion wave and Anhur can never clear the wave because impale stops at the first enemy hit and by staying in the minion wave Anhur can't clear any minions while you can.

But any god can do this not just Osiris.

Osiris is Osiris

Who does Osiris really counter?

The only people Osiris truely counters and ***** on hard are the gods that lack escapes or close range gods, mainly physical.

Why? Because almost nobody can Box Osiris and Assasins need to Auto Osiris to kill him, the problem is they can't because tether will **** them over, reduce their damage and if they try sticking to Osiris they get stunned. gods without escapes will be ****ed to because Osiris will stick to them like glue if they ever over extend, there is almost no way for them to escape a good Osiris, Osiris will **** HARDCORE on gods like that unless they are magical, but even those gods will get screwed up.

* So Osiris in no way counters hunters, they can get out of what Osiris does best and that is "stick to people like glue, slow the **** out of them and no escaping"

Here are the reasons to pick Osiris

- If your going against a physical assassin
- If the other team has gods with no escapes
- because you are good with Osiris and just want to play him

I doubt when someone on AFK picks up Osiris they are thinking
"I am picking him up to counter hunters like Apollo"

Counter? No seriously what exactly is being countered? He isn't stopping apollo from doing anything he wants to do lolol, Apollo is free at all times to clear a wave, to auto attack, to dash, to mesz, to ult to the other side.

Osiris literally counters nothing to hunters, they are too safe.

OSIRIS DOES COUNTER ONE HUNTER HARD

He obliterates AMC, I don't need to say why.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 30, 2015 3:13am | Report
^ my post are short btw

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 30, 2015 3:22am | Report
lol, sure.

The minion waves arrive every 25 seconds in the side lanes, I believe. That means for every one you use on the minion wave, you have two elsewhere. That is how it can play two roles.

Besides, it's fairly common to hit the wave and the enemy laner at the same time.

Ooh, and I totally forgot about the physical damage reduction thing. In a way, I think that does make him better than most other gods against ADCs.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 30, 2015 4:23am | Report
@sub

Well yea, I guess you can get two pokes off, you def can because I done it before, but it does waste more mana and usually I was trying to hit the archers + them so I don't have to poke and lose more mana.

Okay, so lets pretend you get 2 pokes on the enemy hunter and you even get your archer poke in.

Hunters have life steal so are those 2 pokes really going to stop a hunter from doing what they want to do? Maybe super early on it can when life steal is weaker but not after that.

Yes it is common to hit the enemy and the archers at the same time, but its also common for them to hit you with their ability because you are Osiris and need to auto minions to clear them as well.

The only difference is hunters can life steal better than Osiris because they are safer and don't have to be near Osiris to gain life steal, Osiris has to be up close to minions to get life steal.

I don't know how much stronger that new buff made him since Xbox does not have it yet, but even if he can take a few more hits, what is being accomplished when you put Osiris up against someone like Apollo?

I mean what is Apollo suppose to be scared of in lane? Like wise what should Osiris have to be scared of in lane Vs Apollo?

Based on what their kit has, I would say if I was Osiris I would be more annoyed at Apollo and Apollo should be less annoyed that he is facing Osiris.

Osiris will never get to kill Apollo, pokes is all Osiris has and some defense
Apollo has life steal, range, escapes, stuns, flys, ect.

I don't really think its a kill lane, meaning I doubt either would die to each other because Osiris would just try to bully by keeping apollo camped, but apollo would camp and clear the wave before it gets to his tower, both would then just stare at each other probably and keep doing the same thing.

Nothing is really being done to either person, thats why I don't see him as a counter to any hunter besides like AMC or Anhur, but other people can counter Anhur by doing the dirty impale block trick.

I would think Apollo counters Osiris more because of the Mes, and because neither can really kill each other I say Apollo is more annoying because the Mes stops Osiris better than Tether can stop Apollo.

I herd Osiris got his protections and/or health buffed in one of the patches so it could make him a bit better to go up against a hunter in solo lane, but I wouldn't call it a counter, I would just look at it as a stall lane where nobody is going to kill each other until a gank or team fight happens.

So maybe with the buff he is a bit better, but even if hes better hes not really stopping a hunter from doing what they want to do, however Apollo surely stops Osiris from doing what he wants to do wit that Mes.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 30, 2015 8:06pm | Report
Just saying, I've been playing lots of Apollo solo recently, and the picks that counter it are pokers. Specifically, I've lost lane to Nox once, simply because she has poke on a short cooldown. Poke beats hunters in lane. Osiris is one of the only physical pokers, so he simply scales better than pokers like He Bo and Nox.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 31, 2015 8:58am | Report
Zilby wrote:

@FemFatalis, I think you may be repeating yourself at this point :/

Zilby this is something ICEN does with everyone that goes into discussion with him. Only he repeats himself with different words.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }