Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 3 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 29, 2014 4:07pm | Report
I think she is a control mage, and isn't a good one NOW, but with some improvement she will be highly effective.

Her two can silence multiple people at once, that's something that people forget.

In addition, people think that a god is bad if he doesn't have EVERYTHING. Once again, people ***** about so many burst mages, and then they ***** when they get something that isn't a burst mage. Nox is a goddess that doesn't have everything, but she has the characteristics of a control mage.

Does she need improvement? Absolutely. Is her design good? Absolutely.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » October 29, 2014 4:46pm | Report
Also, I think her raven should bounce.. Like good ol' fiddlesticks:) Sure. That would be just a straight copy.. but it was better. OR. She could send out a FLOCK of ravens. Hell yeah.

I feel like she was a good concept. But in the end, she got alittle rushed out the door.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 29, 2014 4:55pm | Report
Her two can silence multiple people yes, but that silence also lasts about a third of the blink of an eye.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:06pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Here's how I'm kinda seeing this situation

Whenever a good god comes out: God dammit, Hi Rez never does anything unique! Now it's just another broken, combo mage. Seriously Hi-Rez, make a ****ing unique god for once.

When Hi Rez actually makes a unique god: Wow. This new god is total ********, how does he even play his role well? Nice work Hi Rez, you ****ing suck at balance issues.

Oh, and I'd like to comment.

If Smite is so bad, then why are people still playing it?

They have a monopoly on the unique perspective.

Also, HiRez somehow managed to create a fairly unique mage that is still comb-based and still unbalanaced, as in she's total ****.

You think I'm expecting too much by asking for a unique yet balanced god? Are you serious?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:13pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

I think she is a control mage, and isn't a good one NOW, but with some improvement she will be highly effective.

Her two can silence multiple people at once, that's something that people forget.

In addition, people think that a god is bad if he doesn't have EVERYTHING. Once again, people ***** about so many burst mages, and then they ***** when they get something that isn't a burst mage. Nox is a goddess that doesn't have everything, but she has the characteristics of a control mage.

Does she need improvement? Absolutely. Is her design good? Absolutely.

You clearly have no idea what a control mage is or does, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER MOBAS. Pos can cripple multiple people. and stun multiple people. and knockback muleiple people.

Seriously, saying that one has AoE CC = control mage is the most laughable 'logic' I have seen in ages. Syndra is not a control mage for having an AoE stun. Lillin is not a control mage for having an AoE knockback. Dumbass. You clearly have no idea what a control mage is or does, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER MOBAS.

You're also being dense on the "*****ing" part. I can ***** about whether a god sucks or is overpowered. Your entire paragraph concerning that point makes no sense, since you seem assume that any kind of *****ing is complaining about how OP that god is. You clearly have no idea what a control mage is or does, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER MOBAS.

I'm *****ing because this god sucks, not because she doesn't have everything. If she needs to have everything, then that's Smite's problem, not mine, because I'd like to see for once a god that doesn't have everything, or close to it.

Her visual design is good. And she does need improvement.

But I honestly can't see why you think a three that is useless outside of her two is good design at all.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:14pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

I have played League, Dota and very little dawngate. Overall I think that smite is less baalnced than league and more balanced than dota, because some changes icefraud makes are just irrational. Like, completely stupid and unnecessary. That said, smite is in its early days and if I recall correctly League's balance team took a while before they got the balancing nailed, so overall I have high hopes for smite as long as something like this doesn;t come again. How about we suggest improvements for her?

Good point; will do; glad to see you're sane.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:15pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Didn't someone in this thread complain about how overpowered the ult was because it guaranteed pretty huge damage, and now it's apparently useless?

Anyway, believe it or not I've not seen many noxes being played even on release day, and I've not played her yet, so I don't have an opinion, heh.

I don't remember the last time I saw a god not being instalocked on release.

Haha, yes.

And yes, that's clear proof that HiRez was drunker than usual when they made her kit, because WTF.

I can't help but notice you don't disagree with anything said yet. I'll be bold and say you agree that HiRez ****ed up badly ever since they called her a control mage, yes?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:17pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

here is how i see the situation everytime a god comes out.

you litterly don't consider any arguments anyone makes, the essence of your arguments is "don't talk badly about this game" you can deny that but its very obvious.

litterly your examples don't show a bad scenario god. you say "good god" and "unique god" as examples. this shows you are extremely biased as you think Hirez has never, isn't and won't ever do wrong with their game.

oh and i'd like to comment

if you can't handle critisism, then why are you even on the internet?

do you see the issue with your comment?

let me ask you a question.

do you think Nox is a control mage?

if yes then explain and bring your own arguments.

if no then why even come to **** talk on people who are bringing viable arguments when they are right?

why only bring scenario's as your argument where hirez did right? if you deny hirez has never failed on any god design then A: it proves how biased you are and B: you are wrong because then they never had to change any skills or make reworks of gods.

again. dacoqrs you want people to only praise smite on a smite forum. you have proven this and i am here to tell you that that simply will never happen as critique is par of the course.

you effectivly want to silence people who say something you disagree with.

Do you see what the problem is with that?

Yup. Things like "stop *****ing people" or "you can't understand" or "stop being unreasonable to expect something decent", etc.

To clarify, when I said she wasn't unique, I meant it in terms of bad design. As in, she's not the only badly designed god in this game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:18pm | Report
Deathsession wrote:

Also, I think her raven should bounce.. Like good ol' fiddlesticks:) Sure. That would be just a straight copy.. but it was better. OR. She could send out a FLOCK of ravens. Hell yeah.

I feel like she was a good concept. But in the end, she got alittle rushed out the door.

Good eye. The raven thing was straight out of Fiddles'.

It plays differently...except literally the only difference between the two skills is the bounce vs the piercing skillshot.

They're both AoE silences that deal little damage that both travel in a line that both have to deal with ravens. You can tell HiRez wasn't even trying.

Seriously, if they made her raven a 1 second supress, I actually wouldn't be that mad. After all, this was SUPPOSED to be the first control mage.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 5:22pm | Report
What I don't get about Nox is how she needs to fulfill a condition to deal LESS damage than most mages, WHILE having LESS CC than those mages, at the same time.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }