Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 7 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 30, 2014 7:27am | Report
I understand you don't like avoiding confrontations, which is fine. But if it turns into an argument without any sort of factual reasoning, that's bad. Good news is, you're doing a lot better than you were 4 months ago.

I like that idea about making it just flat out damage reduction instead of one ability.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 30, 2014 7:56am | Report
I'll just drop this here:

when it comes down to it, your opinion won't change it; learn to accept it and use it to the best of your ability, and the best of its potential.

This goes to all of you, not just Sub.

I'd recommend two threads: one to voice opinion (this one) and one to discuss how to use it to the best of said potential, no matter how much that is.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 30, 2014 10:58am | Report
I think a cool idea to use with Nox's ult is to not allow your enemy to use any mobility abilities and have your ult deal more damage the higher ability damage that your opponent uses. F.E if they use an ult it'll damage them more than just a regular ability.

Also, the staff does see the problem with Nox, they're working on it :)

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 30, 2014 11:32am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I think a cool idea to use with Nox's ult is to not allow your enemy to use any mobility abilities and have your ult deal more damage the higher ability damage that your opponent uses. F.E if they use an ult it'll damage them more than just a regular ability.

Also, the staff does see the problem with Nox, they're working on it :)

Not too bad, but this would REALLY shut down Stance Dancers who use their ult to switch (at least Hel and Ullr)
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 30, 2014 11:52am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Not too bad, but this would REALLY shut down Stance Dancers who use their ult to switch (at least Hel and Ullr)

But those abilities don't deal damage so the damage from her ult won't do too much from that. I think.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 30, 2014 12:00pm | Report
Ok, so I'm not fanboying, I'm very far from it. And I'm not saying nox is good, great, or amazing, I'm saying she's balanced, which she is. She has quite a bit to offer, and I've explained that. You've offered a differing opinion but you haven't outright disproven what I said, so I'm fine with that.

I don't mind confrontation in the least, it's how you do it. You do not confront people. You scream and demean them in the hopes that you look better in the end, not look right in the end, which are two very different things.

Seriously though, I'm far from a smite fanboy, I just have a more understanding and tolerant point of view of things. I always try to look at the positives of something, and base the criticisms around that, instead of assuming everything is bad and trying to find positives from there.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 30, 2014 12:04pm | Report
I literally did not see the last 3 pages of posts ._.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 9:12am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Ok, so I'm not fanboying, I'm very far from it. And I'm not saying nox is good, great, or amazing, I'm saying she's balanced, which she is. She has quite a bit to offer, and I've explained that. You've offered a differing opinion but you haven't outright disproven what I said, so I'm fine with that.

I don't mind confrontation in the least, it's how you do it. You do not confront people. You scream and demean them in the hopes that you look better in the end, not look right in the end, which are two very different things.

Seriously though, I'm far from a smite fanboy, I just have a more understanding and tolerant point of view of things. I always try to look at the positives of something, and base the criticisms around that, instead of assuming everything is bad and trying to find positives from there.

You admit she has flaws - not the balance kind of flaws, that are intentional weaknesses, but giant *** flaws in design terms - and say in the say breath that she's a balanced character. I don't think the word balance means what you think it means, because "outclassed in comparison to every other mage" is not balanced.

It's not a matter of tolerance, it's more like you being blind, perhaps intentionally. Nox is completely awful: her damage falls off mid game, her teamfight utility is terrible, her damage doesn't scale well with items, she might as well not have a passive, no one plays her anymore within a day of patch, she has no niche, and despite whatever you may say, she isn't effective.

Having every other mage do what she does better is not effective.

"Assuming?" You haven't played Nox ONCE. YOU are the one assuming things.

Stop trying to confuse the subject, again. I'm trying to demean you because you HAVE to be demean'd. You built yourself into a position where you say you're speaking the truth, and anything against that, in your eyes, is "demeaning."

It's not about looking right or better, it's about telling the truth. And if you don't believe me, look up both the Raventhor and RaventhorSMFG accounts. Not. One. Game. With. Nox. (As of this writing, obviously.)

I'm going to assume that all of your opinions are invalid until you actually play her.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 31, 2014 11:19am | Report
So I've played Nox today and I really REALLY wanted to like her. I can't... She doesn't have much to offer except poking in the laning phase or attempt to shut down a Hel or Chang'e (probably more ability spammers too, but only these have I encountered and my ultimate was actually useful).

My opinion so far:

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 12:45pm | Report
Awesome.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }