Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 8 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 31, 2014 1:01pm | Report
I don't understand why all of you are getting so excited, the staff of Hi-Rez who came up with Nox agrees there are problems with her. She'll be getting either a slight rework with her 1/4 abilities most likely in functionality and how it works.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 31, 2014 1:18pm | Report
Green, that's NOT a good thing. They should be figuring this out BEFORE she goes live. Being reworked within a few weeks after release is NOT a good thing under ANY circumstances, I'm sorry.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 31, 2014 1:23pm | Report

Green, that's NOT a good thing. They should be figuring this out BEFORE she goes live. Being reworked within a few weeks after release is NOT a good thing under ANY circumstances, I'm sorry.

Sometimes they can't foresee such issues. Playtesting is a closed environment, they can never predict how well it will go down in the actual game.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 31, 2014 1:41pm | Report

Better than nothing. In a few months, after she's hopefully more balanced, I doubt people will care whether or not they had to rework some things immediately after release to get her where she'll hopefully end up.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 31, 2014 5:19pm | Report
On a different topic...

I feel like Hi-Rez's idea of kit synergy is pretty... Lazy.

Nox is an example of this lazy kit synergy. First of all, her 1 and her ultimate have pretty much nothing to do with her kit. Secondly and more importantly, the only real 'synergy' in the kit is the mark that 2 applies dealing more damage with 3. This is what I'm talking about when I say lazy kit synergy. Kit synergy is not tacking on a mark effect on a completely unrelated and not complementary ability and then dealing more damage with another ability. Heck, it applies to most abilities where an extra effect happens when you've already hit them with another ability. That's not kit synergy, that's just plain lazy.

You see, not only is it simply just hit two abilities one after another which really doesn't count as using the abilities for a unique playstyle, it makes very linear combos. You'll almost exclusively be using 2 into 3. Heck, you're pretty much forced into using 2 into 3, because it's better than any other option out there. Kit synergy is letting you use your abilities in conjunction with each other in a variety of different ways. They should allow you to have many options which increases unpredictability. Nox is just use 2 and spam 3, maybe chuck out a 1 when you see a threat. That's boring.

Most of the gods in Smite have no kit synergy or this tacked on kit synergy to make it seem like the abilities have something to do with each other. This is one of the reasons which leads me to think that Smite's gods are badly designed. It's sad that I'm just some guy that plays a game and uses a God Ideas forum, yet even I can make a more flowing kit than most of the gods in Smite. I don't see Smite's designers as designers. The dev insight for Nox is a joke, because they don't design or develop anything, they just create Frankenstein's monsters of gods. They create. They don't put any care into the abilities. They just try to get by by thinking of some abilities that function.

It's lazy Hi-Rez.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » October 31, 2014 6:39pm | Report
To be honest, I agree with Sub about Nox. It completely boggles my mind how bad this God is. Her DPS is so low that in a fight with pretty much any other damage dealer, she's just going to die. She also has 0 mobility, so she's almost guaranteed to hit that respawn timer.

In comparison to other mages...well with Nox, you could combo all your abilities on a squishy and they still won't even be near dead. If she were to fight just about any other mage she's going to get out damaged EASILY (think about popular mages like Ra, Vulcan, Poseidon, Agni, Scylla, Janus...)

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 31, 2014 7:24pm | Report
Would you rather have a new god that is completely OP release or UP release so the god can be worked around in numbers and ability changes?

If Nox was completely OP you'd get a thousand kids posting all over on reddit. I'm pretty sure it works out better this way. Wait and see how Nox will be changed and then criticize her to a full extent. Yes, pretty much everyone knows she's garbage which isn't really a problem if Hi-Rez is already addressing it. Will it affect ranked matches or even casual matches? No because the people who pick her will either do okay or bad and they won't make the same decision again until something is changed.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » October 31, 2014 8:03pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Would you rather have a new god that is completely OP release or UP release so the god can be worked around in numbers and ability changes?

Yes, I can totes balance a god better then Hirez.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 8:38pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

On a different topic...

I feel like Hi-Rez's idea of kit synergy is pretty... Lazy.

Nox is an example of this lazy kit synergy. First of all, her 1 and her ultimate have pretty much nothing to do with her kit. Secondly and more importantly, the only real 'synergy' in the kit is the mark that 2 applies dealing more damage with 3. This is what I'm talking about when I say lazy kit synergy. Kit synergy is not tacking on a mark effect on a completely unrelated and not complementary ability and then dealing more damage with another ability. Heck, it applies to most abilities where an extra effect happens when you've already hit them with another ability. That's not kit synergy, that's just plain lazy.

You see, not only is it simply just hit two abilities one after another which really doesn't count as using the abilities for a unique playstyle, it makes very linear combos. You'll almost exclusively be using 2 into 3. Heck, you're pretty much forced into using 2 into 3, because it's better than any other option out there. Kit synergy is letting you use your abilities in conjunction with each other in a variety of different ways. They should allow you to have many options which increases unpredictability. Nox is just use 2 and spam 3, maybe chuck out a 1 when you see a threat. That's boring.

Most of the gods in Smite have no kit synergy or this tacked on kit synergy to make it seem like the abilities have something to do with each other. This is one of the reasons which leads me to think that Smite's gods are badly designed. It's sad that I'm just some guy that plays a game and uses a God Ideas forum, yet even I can make a more flowing kit than most of the gods in Smite. I don't see Smite's designers as designers. The dev insight for Nox is a joke, because they don't design or develop anything, they just create Frankenstein's monsters of gods. They create. They don't put any care into the abilities. They just try to get by by thinking of some abilities that function.

It's lazy Hi-Rez.

EXACTLY! I completely hate this kind of artificial synergy so prevalent in HiRez.

Ullr's axe stance.

Nu Wa's...everything, really.

Odin's forced passive-ult synergy and his shield-jump synergy, which ironically, creates disynergy.

New Arachne's kit shoving multiple basic steroids without thinking of how you'd be a good ganker.

Etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 8:39pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Yes, I can totes balance a god better then Hirez.

Same.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }