Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 5 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 29, 2014 11:38pm | Report
Now why fight when you can make peace? Why hate when you can love? Why argue when you can just have different opinions and leave it at that?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 29, 2014 11:54pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Now why fight when you can make peace? Why hate when you can love? Why argue when you can just have different opinions and leave it at that?

Because my opinion is right, and yours isn't the same as mine, so yours must be wrong.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 29, 2014 11:55pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Because this is SmiteFire, and that's how we roll.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 30, 2014 1:26am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Because this is SmiteFire, and that's how we roll.

Truer words have never been spoken
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 30, 2014 1:57am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Because my opinion is right, and yours isn't the same as mine, so yours must be wrong.

**** you. I say my statement is right. And yours is obviously, positively and undeniably WRONG!

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » October 30, 2014 3:18am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

but if the shoe (of focus) fits..

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 30, 2014 4:09am | Report
Just because I don't have experience in other MOBAS doesn't make my opinion any less valid. All4, how is THAT not silencing opposing points of view, eh?

We are not here to discuss Nox compared to other control mages in other Mobas, we are here to discuss Nox's place IN SMITE.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 30, 2014 5:02am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Just because I don't have experience in other MOBAS doesn't make my opinion any less valid. All4, how is THAT not silencing opposing points of view, eh?

We are not here to discuss Nox compared to other control mages in other Mobas, we are here to discuss Nox's place IN SMITE.

Your opinion was invalid at the beginnig of this discussion because you didn't give any arguments. Now you have and we can begin the discussion.

Looking at other moba's is something people do to create arguments dacoqrs, it's help full when the moba in question has proven that they can make a good design for a perticular role.

Nox is the first time it looks like hirez actually tried to make a control mage rather then it sort of happening.

Control mages in most other moba's have flexible role choices because they can support or solo lane (right now i would look at LoL) great example's are morgana and annie.

Morgana fits well in a team thats ingaging cc, burst dmg and substained dmg but no nasty follow up cc or zoning skills. To make it easier for you to understand i'll try to compare her kit to abilties similar to hers in smite.

Her q is a line skill shot root similar to scylla's, her w doesn't have a smite equal so i'll just explain it, her w is a shield that she can place on her or her allies that purely blocks magic damage but also blocks spell effects such as types of cc, her e is practicly anubis his 3 with out the slow aka very potent zoning tool and her ult also doesn't have a smite equal, its a large aoe that when she activates it does damage and links any enemy in the aoe to her and slows them, if they get out of the circle the second effect doesn't happen, if they dont then at the end of the duriation they take damage again and are stunned.

Imo that is currently the best design for a control mage out of any moba and sets a great example of what they should be capable of.

Able to care for them selves in a 1v1 scenario and for them selves and one ally in a 2v2 scenario, having a simple ingage cc and a good follow up cc in team fight as well as some form of substain and not too much but enough damage.

Nox doesn't have enough of these to be considerd a good control mage.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 30, 2014 5:15am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Time to rant.

You think I have no right to complain about a LACK of power creep after *****ing about it?

You imply that I'm some kind of hypocrite, but you don't even understand my complaints at all. I'm ****ing sick of this power creep forcing gods to become stronger and stronger than usual. And now Nox shows up, completely unbalanced and weak. She's a regression of power creep, yes. But frankly, I don't care about that part. I don't care about how Power Creep affects one god because that's not what Power Creep is.

Power Creep is about the metagame as a whole. It has to do with how, in the meta, gods are forced to be this or that to keep up with the rising standard. If Nox fails to meet that standard, then she's unbalanced, not "not power creep'd."

Power creep is something that happened to this game. Nox is unbalanced in the present. Power creep is something that changes what balance means. I'm complaining that she's unbalanced. I see no problem with this.

Or basically, California's suffering through a drought and I'm complaining about too much ice in my Coke. They're related, but not contradictory. I can ***** about how power creep ruined this game AND how much Nox sucks, because it is BECAUSE of the power creep that Nox is so unbalanced. If Power Creep wasn't here, Nox would still have problems, but I wouldn't be nearly as pissed.

So in other words, you need Shoes of Focus, Gem of Isolation, and Chronos' Pendant/Breastplate of Valor, meaning you need at least 7025 gold to become even reasonably effective, and you'd be lacking any penetration or lifesteal, and be seriously lacking in the power department.

Compared to literally every other mage who can be dangerous with just pen boots.

But my biggest problem is just what the **** is Nox? A mage carry? A mage support? A control mage? A mage fighter? She has weak damage, weak CC, no debuffs, very long range yet has a protection skill that fits about as well as Gangplank's Parrley.

In my opinion you don't have too much right to comment on the balance of a game in a constant state of flux that you barely ever play. It's not like I'm calling Dawngate or League unbalanced, because i don't play them enough to do so (despite this league is fun and I'm starting to get into it more). So why don't we stop *****ing about smite as a whole, get back on topic and try and improve her.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 30, 2014 5:27am | Report
You know what really gets me? Raven, Afg and Sub always have something to rant or say about in these kind of topics that they end up arguing about it.

Whistle I and some other guys frequently play the game but barely (In my case never) comment or join any of your arguments at all. D:

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }