Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 2 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » October 29, 2014 10:53am | Report
They need to get some good balance team.. Her damage is more then average early game so she can poke pretty good.. but late game? i didn't even try to juke her 3..

I was "hyped" to see control mage but what she is? Damage dealer mage? No she isn't, her damage isn't that high. Even if she had good damage, why should i pick her when i have gods like Janus on the table? good damage, insane mobility... The things that nox lacks.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 29, 2014 11:14am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I'm saying Nox isn't unique. It's hard to understand how a character is badly designed until you play multiple MOBAs. As in, at least two apart from Smite.

You can't just see each character in relation to another. You also need to compare game mechanics, itemization, counterplay potential, things like that. Things that are common to ALL Mobas, but simply badly designed in Smite.

I have played League, Dota and very little dawngate. Overall I think that smite is less baalnced than league and more balanced than dota, because some changes icefraud makes are just irrational. Like, completely stupid and unnecessary. That said, smite is in its early days and if I recall correctly League's balance team took a while before they got the balancing nailed, so overall I have high hopes for smite as long as something like this doesn;t come again. How about we suggest improvements for her?
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 29, 2014 12:08pm | Report
Didn't someone in this thread complain about how overpowered the ult was because it guaranteed pretty huge damage, and now it's apparently useless?

Anyway, believe it or not I've not seen many noxes being played even on release day, and I've not played her yet, so I don't have an opinion, heh.

I don't remember the last time I saw a god not being instalocked on release.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 29, 2014 12:25pm | Report
She is anything but a control mage, and as far as I can tell she's not a proper nuker either. She's hot though, so that's a plus I guess...
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 29, 2014 1:27pm | Report
Here's how I'm kinda seeing this situation

Whenever a good god comes out: God dammit, Hi Rez never does anything unique! Now it's just another broken, combo mage. Seriously Hi-Rez, make a ****ing unique god for once.

When Hi Rez actually makes a unique god: Wow. This new god is total ********, how does he even play his role well? Nice work Hi Rez, you ****ing suck at balance issues.

Oh, and I'd like to comment.

If Smite is so bad, then why are people still playing it?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 29, 2014 2:20pm | Report
here is how i see the situation everytime a god comes out.

you litterly don't consider any arguments anyone makes, the essence of your arguments is "don't talk badly about this game" you can deny that but its very obvious.

litterly your examples don't show a bad scenario god. you say "good god" and "unique god" as examples. this shows you are extremely biased as you think Hirez has never, isn't and won't ever do wrong with their game.

oh and i'd like to comment

if you can't handle critisism, then why are you even on the internet?

do you see the issue with your comment?

let me ask you a question.

do you think Nox is a control mage?

if yes then explain and bring your own arguments.

if no then why even come to **** talk on people who are bringing viable arguments when they are right?

why only bring scenario's as your argument where hirez did right? if you deny hirez has never failed on any god design then A: it proves how biased you are and B: you are wrong because then they never had to change any skills or make reworks of gods.

again. dacoqrs you want people to only praise smite on a smite forum. you have proven this and i am here to tell you that that simply will never happen as critique is par of the course.

you effectivly want to silence people who say something you disagree with.

Do you see what the problem is with that?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 29, 2014 2:41pm | Report
All4 you really went way too in depth in an analysis of Dacoqrs's statement in a lot of non sequitur statements...he just said people are never satisfied, even with gods who are legitimately good.

A lot of what you did say was true, but you also tried to argue against a lot of what he simply didn't say. He didn't say only praise smite, nor tried to silence everyone, nor **** talk in ANY way.

nonetheless, on the actual god, it seems she's bad, so like HolyPudding said, why don't we offer improvements instead of throwing mud at each other?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » October 29, 2014 3:14pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

here is how i see the situation everytime a god comes out.

you litterly don't consider any arguments anyone makes, the essence of your arguments is "don't talk badly about this game" you can deny that but its very obvious.

litterly your examples don't show a bad scenario god. you say "good god" and "unique god" as examples. this shows you are extremely biased as you think Hirez has never, isn't and won't ever do wrong with their game.

oh and i'd like to comment

if you can't handle critisism, then why are you even on the internet?

do you see the issue with your comment?

let me ask you a question.

do you think Nox is a control mage?

if yes then explain and bring your own arguments.

if no then why even come to **** talk on people who are bringing viable arguments when they are right?

why only bring scenario's as your argument where hirez did right? if you deny hirez has never failed on any god design then A: it proves how biased you are and B: you are wrong because then they never had to change any skills or make reworks of gods.

again. dacoqrs you want people to only praise smite on a smite forum. you have proven this and i am here to tell you that that simply will never happen as critique is par of the course.

you effectivly want to silence people who say something you disagree with.

Do you see what the problem is with that?

I like when people have productive comments to make, but it just seems, as Raventhor said I said (rofl), it just seems like some people are never satisfied. They complain, and then they get what they want, but they still have something to complain about, and it's irritating.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 29, 2014 3:59pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

All4 you really went way too in depth in an analysis of Dacoqrs's statement in a lot of non sequitur statements...he just said people are never satisfied, even with gods who are legitimately good.

A lot of what you did say was true, but you also tried to argue against a lot of what he simply didn't say. He didn't say only praise smite, nor tried to silence everyone, nor **** talk in ANY way.

nonetheless, on the actual god, it seems she's bad, so like HolyPudding said, why don't we offer improvements instead of throwing mud at each other?

Maybe so but A: the points i made still stand and B: it's not just that one comment i am talking about.

In this spesific comment he said people were never satisfied that is true but i eas not reffering to just this spesific comment.

I can do that for you right now if you want?

There are a few ways to look at this.

People can't be satisfied with a ton of **** and dacoqrs wants people to be or piss off. Or he is essentially saying no one here can see greatness when it's right in front of their eyes.

Or people should be happy with what they can get which would still lead to the question why should a consumer be satisfied with potatoes when they are promised a full christmas dinner?

Nox is a halloween special that according to multiple people here seems badly designed and rushed. Dacoqrs hasn't given any arguments that say otherwhise or arguments that proof people should be satisfied and still hasn't.

As for my other comment. Let's not turn a blind eye to the fact that every time people critisize smite, even when it's not all bad, he still comments saying that we are all wrong and there isn't anything wrong with the game yet never brings his own arguments to support what he says or makes any counter arguments or awnsers questions people ask him about what he is saying.

Dacoqrs? Do you think Nox is a control mage?

If yes bring an argument explaining why.
If no then people have all the right to complain about a failed attempt at a control mage.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » October 29, 2014 4:04pm | Report
I like her. Honestly improvements are needed. One I'd like to note is her ult. It's basically ment to target and shut another mage down. But being a fairly short line projectile, this could be difficult in teamfight situations. I propose they make it a circle targeter, similar to a Loki ult.

With full cdr, and the right items, she can be an absolute monster to lane against. And a gaurenteed kill against other mages with the right engage.

Deathsession

Established (17)
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }