Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 1 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 7:12am | Report

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 7:19am | Report
Oh, and the god reveal is stupid as hell.

"Nox baits the enemy Ra" no you idiot, she's being outpushed because Ra.

"Takes advantage of Mercury's Sonic Boom" so in other words, you get a gank and proceed to dump all of your abilities on the helpless target to kill them via faceroll. Just like every single other god in the game. Or in other other words, Mercury is "balanced," because he did all the work.

"Pushing middle lane" no you dolt, she's grouped mid and "sieging" it.

Note: ALL Nox is doing in these clips is DEALING DAMAGE. She is in no way a control mage.

"Taking advantage of Special Delivery" I love how they literally don't show Nox making ANY PLAYS AT ALL. All she does is deal damage after MErcury CC's someone to death, because Mercury is balanced.

"Last clip." She just goes in after Merc and Ymir initiate on a bunch of idiots.

"Shifting her attention" "Nox takes down..." So yeah, pretty much a useless summary of events we can already see. My god, this is stupid.

They already know she has zero depth or control aspect at all, on top of a skill floor/ceiling lower than the soles of my shoes, just like every other god, so they just go with the bland, repetitive, cyclical, and useless god reveal like they always do.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 7:20am | Report
My problems with her:

Her one is alright, but completely not a control mage skill. A fully defensive skill like this is more for magical fighters or bruisers or tanks, not a control mage.

Her two is yet another "pierces everything 3000 mph 'skill'shot." That's also tied to a silence.

Her three is every mage's AoE clear skill with the EXACT same size as all the other clear skills that also yet again is a damage nuke. The only thing about it is that it deals more damage to targets hit by her one, which is going to happen. In short, a burst skills that's also undodgeable with no notable delay. Sigh.

Her ultimate is fine, but still lacks counterplay. Also, it's the closest thing she has to a skillshot.

She's a "control mage" with only one CC and zero zoning tools. And, as usual, no o****erplay. NJ, HiRez.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 29, 2014 7:49am | Report
eh her design isn't as bad as some others have been in a while maybe even decent but she is defently no control mage.

i liked how her 2 took the anouncer 2 years to explain when it could have been done like this: "her 2 throws out a raven in a line that does damage and silence's any on in it's anyone in its path while also applying a debuff on any one who got hit that boosts her 3."
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 29, 2014 8:26am | Report
She's weak. That simple. She's built on a gimmick and sacrifices everything logical for it such as mobility, cc and consistent damage. I've been liking the god design at the moment, but though she's a cool concept she's gonna suck.

Also, who made her scaling with levels? They should stop taking hits.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 29, 2014 8:48am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

She's weak. That simple. She's built on a gimmick and sacrifices everything logical for it such as mobility, cc and consistent damage. I've been liking the god design at the moment, but though she's a cool concept she's gonna suck.

Also, who made her scaling with levels? They should stop taking hits.

i had a thought just now!

okay so ullr was a god that they created by ripping pieces from other prototype adc's and mix them!
Nox like you said looks like she was designed at the moment.

okay now remember when smite was in beta hirez made it their goal to bring out a new god every 2 weeks or so? THAT IS WHAT IS RUINING GODS RIGHT NOW! they have blown all their interesting ideas!

it also explains how gods at release often run wild as OP *****! they had too much work! they couldn't keep up! they couldn't finish tests before having to move on to the next god!
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » October 29, 2014 8:50am | Report
Haven't tried her yet ( and i think i will play just a few games with her ) just because.. er.. she looks boring.. Like you go into teamfight and spam 3. She is no way control mage.. Also she has no CC exept her silence, no escape and such stuff, meaning that she will be low tier at best. Why ? Because most gods have stuns, escapes and such stuff, and if you don't have an escape or cc.. well you are low tier in Smite. I know about He Bo, but he has high amount of damage, and his 2 sorta helps him. Nox doesn't have any of this..

TL;DR
Haven't tried her although i think she will be low tier

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 9:57am | Report
Her abilities don't decrease in cooldown, nor increase in CC. Literally all they get is +10 base damage. FOR EVERY SINGLE ABILITY.

Also, her kit is ******ed. The interaction between her two and three means that they are essentially one skill. You can't use one without the other, since both deal no damage otherwise and are basically ineffective.

Seriously, JUST LOOK AT THE ******** NUMBERS.

Silence has 100-140 damage + 50%, 1 sec silence, 15 sec CD.

Three has 80/90/100/110/120 damage +40% of your Magical Power, doubled if two'd first. In other words, it deals **** damage except when combo'd.

Her ult deals no ****ing damage late game. No CC, either. All it does is damage, and its not even good at it outside of early game!

HER SHIELD IS THE ONLY REASONABLY SCALING ABILITY AND IT IS A PIECE OF ****, WORTHLESS IN LATE GAME TEAMFIGHTS! 50% DAMAGE REDUCTION AGAINST ONE ABILITY IS PATHETIC AND MEANINGLESS! WHAT THE **** DO YOU LEVEL ON HER? WHAT THE **** SCALES TO LATE GAME? WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

HiRez thinks that a "control mage" or "mage support" means making their early game good in comparison to Nox's absolute garbage late game.

This god is literally an absolute failure in every single way possible except for visual design. This proves how bad Smite and HiRez is. I've said it before; HIREZ DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A MOBA. They're proven how little they understand control mages, for one.

Oh, and a new skin, "water dancer nu wa." I'm glad they've kept up the objectification of goddeses in the game. Not.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » October 29, 2014 10:13am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Her abilities don't decrease in cooldown, nor increase in CC. Literally all they get is +10 base damage. FOR EVERY SINGLE ABILITY.

Also, her kit is ******ed. The interaction between her two and three means that they are essentially one skill. You can't use one without the other, since both deal no damage otherwise and are basically ineffective.

Seriously, JUST LOOK AT THE ******** NUMBERS.

Silence has 100-140 damage + 50%, 1 sec silence, 15 sec CD.

Three has 80/90/100/110/120 damage +40% of your Magical Power, doubled if two'd first. In other words, it deals **** damage except when combo'd.

Her ult deals no ****ing damage late game. No CC, either. All it does is damage, and its not even good at it outside of early game!

HER SHIELD IS THE ONLY REASONABLY SCALING ABILITY AND IT IS A PIECE OF ****, WORTHLESS IN LATE GAME TEAMFIGHTS! 50% DAMAGE REDUCTION AGAINST ONE ABILITY IS PATHETIC AND MEANINGLESS! WHAT THE **** DO YOU LEVEL ON HER? WHAT THE **** SCALES TO LATE GAME? WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

HiRez thinks that a "control mage" or "mage support" means making their early game good in comparison to Nox's absolute garbage late game.

This god is literally an absolute failure in every single way possible except for visual design. This proves how bad Smite and HiRez is. I've said it before; HIREZ DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A MOBA. They're proven how little they understand control mages, for one.

Oh, and a new skin, "water dancer nu wa." I'm glad they've kept up the objectification of goddeses in the game. Not.

How does one character being poorly designed show a developer doesn't know how to make a game? Yes, this god is badly designed, but that doesn't mean the game as a whole sucks. You don't like the game and we get it, move on.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2014 10:23am | Report
I'm saying Nox isn't unique. It's hard to understand how a character is badly designed until you play multiple MOBAs. As in, at least two apart from Smite.

You can't just see each character in relation to another. You also need to compare game mechanics, itemization, counterplay potential, things like that. Things that are common to ALL Mobas, but simply badly designed in Smite.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }