Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nox...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Nox... 124 posts - page 9 of 13
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » October 31, 2014 10:37pm | Report
Did no one get the joke?

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 10:59pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Would you rather have a new god that is completely OP release or UP release so the god can be worked around in numbers and ability changes?

If Nox was completely OP you'd get a thousand kids posting all over on reddit. I'm pretty sure it works out better this way. Wait and see how Nox will be changed and then criticize her to a full extent. Yes, pretty much everyone knows she's garbage which isn't really a problem if Hi-Rez is already addressing it. Will it affect ranked matches or even casual matches? No because the people who pick her will either do okay or bad and they won't make the same decision again until something is changed.

Greenevers, listen closely to what I have to say.

You are the biggest head-in-his-own-*** sycophantic peasant here on these forums.

You say that we are expecting too much by hoping for a balanced release god. That we're a bunch of spoiled children who should not be expecting quality.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Other MOBAs give balanced gods. Here is a FACT: Dawngate and Strife and Heroes of the Storm all give balanced champions/heroes/gods/shapers on their release. All of them are in beta or alpha, and Dawngate's Waystone is new to MOBAs in general. And yet, they give more consistently quality content than Smite does.

SMITE is a released game! ITS NOT IN BETA ANYMORE, ITS A ****ING ADULT AND SHOULD ACT LIKE ONE!

We don't have to take this ****, people! Stop making excuses for HiRez! Why should you guys, the ones who, for some unfathomable reason, love this game, accept this ****?

We, the players, have a RIGHT to expect QUALITY CONTENT from the games we play! Stop making excuses for HiRez and pretend that this is alright, BECAUSE IT IS NOT.

I implore you all, don't accept this ****.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 11:00pm | Report

Green, that's NOT a good thing. They should be figuring this out BEFORE she goes live. Being reworked within a few weeks after release is NOT a good thing under ANY circumstances, I'm sorry.

Completely agree. Otherwise, what the **** is the point? Why not tear down the whole Public Test Server ******** if it isn't doing anything? You might as well revert it back to beta!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 31, 2014 11:01pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Did no one get the joke?

I didn't. I mean, come on, pretty much everyone can make a better game than HiRez.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 31, 2014 11:23pm | Report
I agree that any of us could probably make a god/goddess better balanced, but to be honest, I've seen a lot worse balancing than HiRez has done. At least the game is, for the most part, playable. Nox will get fixed and the game will go on, despite more issues prevalent in the game besides Nox.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » November 1, 2014 5:09am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

You are the biggest head-in-his-own-*** sycophantic peasant here on these forums.

You say that we are expecting too much by hoping for a balanced release god. That we're a bunch of spoiled children who should not be expecting quality.

Other MOBAs give balanced gods. Here is a FACT: Dawngate and Strife and Heroes of the Storm all give balanced champions/heroes/gods/shapers on their release. All of them are in beta or alpha, and Dawngate's Waystone is new to MOBAs in general. And yet, they give more consistently quality content than Smite does.

SMITE is a released game! ITS NOT IN BETA ANYMORE, ITS A ****ING ADULT AND SHOULD ACT LIKE ONE!

We don't have to take this ****, people! Stop making excuses for HiRez! Why should you guys, the ones who, for some unfathomable reason, love this game, accept this ****?

We, the players, have a RIGHT to expect QUALITY CONTENT from the games we play! Stop making excuses for HiRez and pretend that this is alright, BECAUSE IT IS NOT.

I won't defend Nox because I didn't play her, but:

First, you have ****ing anger issues. Relax.

Second, Smite is free to play, so I won't be demanding anything. If I'm some kind of... poor guy asking for money and someone gives me ten cents, I won't go out saying DUDE TEN CENTS WHAT THE **** YOU *******. I will say, "Well, that sucks. Next time then".

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 1, 2014 5:11am | Report
Shavul wrote:

I won't defend Nox because I didn't play her, but:

First, you have ****ing anger issues. Relax.

Second, Smite is free to play, so I won't be demanding anything. If I'm some kind of... poor guy asking for money and someone gives me ten cents, I won't go out saying DUDE TEN CENTS WHAT THE **** YOU *******. I will say, "Well, that sucks. Next time then".

HiRez are such bad devs giving us free stuff every few weeks hurr durr.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » November 1, 2014 5:17am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

HiRez are such bad devs giving us free stuff every few weeks hurr durr.

I know right? I shoud DEMAND them to feed me, because I NEED to be fed with their stuff, and it better be good. Because I, (Somehow) deserve it. For no ******* reason.

Ok, I understand that we can be not so happy with some things on this MOBA. I get it. But going on a rampage because a god is underpowered or lazy is quite lame.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 1, 2014 5:21am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Here's what you just said:

HERE IS A FACT: MY OPINION

Here's where you're terribly mistaken

I don't think it's total ****! I don't mind it! I don't care if they need to fix her next patch! And clearly my fellow smite players feel the same way!

Maybe we're not being too soft on it, maybe you're just being too harsh, hm?

Stop doing this whole "call to action" ******** by putting words in our mouth. You 'implore' us not to accept this ****, even though we do not think it's **** in the first place.

In addition, if you're trying to persuade us to do something, you should probably start by not calling the people you're trying to persuade things like "biggest head-in-his-own-*** sycophantic peasant here on these forums." Just a thought, really. Might help slightly. I don't know.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 1, 2014 5:31am | Report
we are the consumers, ever heard of the saying "the customer is king."? well that is pretty much what sub means.

it's a developers job to give the consumers stuff that is of good quality and i'll be dammed if we should be asking for less as.

free to play or no if you dont give good quality then you failed at your job.

i remember an article about some indie developer saying that the fans who wanted a secual to his game didn't deserve it. the FANS that played his game, the FANS that gave him money and time to work on his first game and second one, the FANS THAT DESERVE BETTER THEN WHAT THEY GOT!.

the FANS deserve good quality which in smite's case is a balenced god on release. that is very far from hard to do.

sub, in his own way called green out on him saying we should be happy that we even get ****, sub is right in this case that we shouldn't be happy with **** and that we do deserve good quality.

you can't deny that he is right because you dislike his additude.

why be happy with ****? smite may be free-to-play but tell me the amount of actual money you suck into that game. a lot of people suck a lot of money into smite, don't they deserve good quality? do they deserve ****?

AM I GETTING THROUGH TO ANYONE?!
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }