Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Deals Too Much Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 16 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Loki Deals Too Much Damage 160 posts - page 6 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 21, 2014 6:59pm | Report

Loki needs a buff, not a nerf.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » July 21, 2014 8:51pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

As for late game teamfights, if an assassin lacks damage, give him utility.

I say make it tied to his ult, which is rather boring. Perhaps make the target receive more damage from all sources, to ease picking off enemies (so he's indirectly doing his job.) Or perhaps have him build tanky and abuse the 8 sec CD of Aimed Strike and become a DPS fighter. Or something.

Make him able to leap from target to target by aiming his ult over again,but so he has to do it consecutively. Where he can't attack inbetween. If he misses it teleports to the location. Golden. Sounds like a lot of fun to use actually. :3

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:57pm | Report

Loki needs a buff, not a nerf. Or at least give him something more.

Um...yes. I'm not looking for a buff or nerf, but a power reallocation, like what they tried to do with Lucian (and failed horribly in the process), as I stated in about 4/5 of my posts on this thread.

If you considering weakening his damage in exchange for increasing teamfight presence a buff, congrats, now we're on the same page.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:58pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Make him able to leap from target to target by aiming his ult over again,but so he has to do it consecutively. Where he can't attack inbetween. If he misses it teleports to the location. Golden. Sounds like a lot of fun to use actually. :3

I can see two ways this will work.

1. Remove a lot of damage, make it slow instead of stun, but let it be recastable in the next three seconds, up to three times. Perhaps halve the damage, and make successive hits on the same target deal 50% damage (so casting it thrice on the same target = same damage).

2. Keep it the way it is now, but make it be able to be recast in the next six seconds if you kill an enemy with it.

He'll still need a damage reduction to compensate tho.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 21, 2014 9:19pm | Report
Nerf his invis and add:
Loki can now teleport to decoy by recasting the ability leaving a decoy behind that will continue in the direction he was facing.

#fixed
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anshsmite » July 21, 2014 9:40pm | Report
A teleport to decoy is fun idea but it will give him 3 escape/stealth abilities, making him literally uncounterable. Coming to the 1st post,a fed Loki definitely is unbeatable no matter how much counter building one does. Having said that, in ranked play he just can't successfully attack tanks and warriors at all. I find him hard to play in ranked. Also for me his early game is more OP than late game. His main food are the squishy mages.

anshsmite

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 21, 2014 9:44pm | Report
anshsmite wrote:

A teleport to decoy is fun idea but it will give him 3 escape/stealth abilities, making him literally uncounterable. Coming to the 1st post,a fed Loki definitely is unbeatable no matter how much counter building one does. Having said that, in ranked play he just can't successfully attack tanks and warriors at all. I find him hard to play in ranked. Also for me his early game is more OP than late game. His main food are the squishy mages.

I agree with most of what he says actually. A fed loki is semi-unbeatable, but honestly, so are most people who are fed. That's the problem with smite - EVERYONE SNOWBALLS. IT'S RIDICULOUS.

We just notice it on Loki because his snowball damage is all he has. So he scales with it well, since his CC is ****.

But a fed Nu Wa can do as much to a team as a fed Loki, oddly enough. Smite needs a snowball fix, not a Loki fix, Loki just embodies and exemplifies it very well.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 21, 2014 10:06pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I agree with most of what he says actually. A fed loki is semi-unbeatable, but honestly, so are most people who are fed. That's the problem with smite - EVERYONE SNOWBALLS. IT'S RIDICULOUS.

We just notice it on Loki because his snowball damage is all he has. So he scales with it well, since his CC is ****.

But a fed Nu Wa can do as much to a team as a fed Loki, oddly enough. Smite needs a snowball fix, not a Loki fix, Loki just embodies and exemplifies it very well.

This. I cant understand why people complain about Loki dealing too much damage because if you give a good ADC or just about any other assassin the same items around mid to late game, they're going to do very similar amounts of damage (assuming they are at the same level).

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 10:29pm | Report
Loki's just a bit more uncounterable than others due to his damage being instant.

And the snowball problem is due to everyone having loads of CC, escapes, and burst packed into one kit, on top of everyone scaling well into late game (besides the few that don't, and are therefore not viable).

I mean, really, if everyone had a more balanced kit, the game would be just more fun. More counterplay potential and all that jazz. Does anyone disagree?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anshsmite » July 21, 2014 11:03pm | Report
I vote for a "snowball fix patch": Reduce the escape and jump distances across all gods, make XP gaining mechanism easier to understand even for new players, putting a cap and scaling on XP/gold bonuses would fix early snowballing. We don't want a loki, Hercules, thanatos, zeus, bastet, hun batz, etc to become a game changing menace after 2 early kills. In smite range plays a crucial role. If someone like ***bha, nemesis or Vamana escape, they are literally out of range and play. Someone like Vulcan who has a ****py escape is probably the adequate amount of escape most gods should have.

anshsmite

View My Blog
<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 16 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }