Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Deals Too Much Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Loki Deals Too Much Damage 160 posts - page 9 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 22, 2014 11:17am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Statement: I propose adding stealth-revealing wards into the game, making it easier to counter him in solo queue, where one can simply spend 100+ gold on a ward instead of relying on a potentially awful team.

As I said give the towers and sentry wards true vision (so looking through invis

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » July 22, 2014 12:53pm | Report
Man, this thread went far.

Anyway, I'm going to have to side with those who say he's not OP. I can understand where the other side is coming from for sure. I definitely would have agreed with him being OP a while back, but I just don't "fear" him as much as I do gods like Ao Kuang, He Bo, or Arachne anymore. I feel like Loki may not be hard to play, but he can be easy to screw up with. If a Loki goes in to do his thing, but doesn't end up securing the kill properly, he's very vulnerable to getting smacked down. Couple that to a team fight, and he has very little to bring to the table. Against an even somewhat competent team, even if he takes one squishy god out, chances are low of him getting out if the team is paying attention, unless he still does have his vanish or his ult to waste.

Granted, I wouldn't be upset if he got a slight nerf or change, but they need to be very careful in doing so, or he'll end up like many of the others in the past they nerfed into oblivion.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 22, 2014 6:25pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

The problem really is, if you touch his damage, he'll become useless. Because if you don't kill someone right away, you'll get cced and die everytime.

I don't know how I feel about Loki. At some point, yes his damage is certainly incredible, but he has SO many downsides... no teamfight presence, squishy, terrible when focused..

This so much. Dear god, why is anybody complaining about Loki dealing too much damage when there's the the outstanding fact that it's all he has. Without it he wouldn't be very useful at all, especially when we consider the enormous amount of downsides he has.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2014 7:16pm | Report

This so much. Dear god, why is anybody complaining about Loki dealing too much damage when there's the the outstanding fact that it's all he has. Without it he wouldn't be very useful at all, especially when we consider the enormous amount of downsides he has.

I may be expecting too much of an uneducated commoner such as yourself, but if you could read, I'm sure I would not have to repeat myself a third time.

We're not looking for a nerf to his damage and leaving him like that, as the worst assassin in the game. We're looking to reduce his damage IN EXCHANGE for improving him in other areas, hopefully making him both less aggravating to fight against as well as become competitively viable.

Peasants these days.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 22, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I may be expecting too much of an uneducated commoner such as yourself, but if you could read, I'm sure I would not have to repeat myself a third time.

We're not looking for a nerf to his damage and leaving him like that, as the worst assassin in the game. We're looking to reduce his damage IN EXCHANGE for improving him in other areas, hopefully making him both less aggravating to fight against as well as become competitively viable.

Peasants these days.

^what that guy said.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 23, 2014 5:08am | Report
Firraria wrote:

^what that guy said.

If we nerf his damage and buff... what? His "teamfight"? His "utility"? If we give him this stuff and nerf his damage, they'll be no uniqueness amongst assassins. Loki is known for his high damage, even for assassin, but is also known to bring nothing else to the table. There would be nothing to set Loki apart from the rest of the assassins.

Even if your buff his other areas, he'll still be a really terrible assassin if you touch his damage, because he's so damn squishy and, once he uses his wombo combo, has absolutely no escapes. His "teamfight" won't mean **** if he can't kill people.

Well dacoqrs, you say, your lowly peasant commoner *** doesn't understand! If he can't teamfight he's useless! He won't be competitive, blah blah... (Good impression, huh?)

To put it shortly, teamfight is not what Loki was made for.

Loki is, just by looking at his kit, meant to KILL people. Not support or bring utility, he was meant to KILL.

This doesn't mean he's useless in teamfights, though. His job in teamfights, as more Loki players know, is to pick off stragglers. He's not supposed to get in the midst of battle and start attempting to 1v5 the entire team.

So, in short, I'm trying to say that Loki is really fine where he is. He wasn't meant to teamfight or do anything else, was only meant to bring damage to the table. There's nothing wrong with that!
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 23, 2014 5:28am | Report
I never even insulted you. Why would you assume I would?

Anyway, I agree, all that Loki has is damage, but that needs changing. He's so terrible in competitive play, he's more or less nonexistent. I'm not saying his damage should be reduced because I don't want to see people use Loki, I want his damage and other aspects of him to be tweaked so he can actually be viable in competitive play, rather than just being a pub stomper.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 23, 2014 6:16am | Report
Firraria wrote:

I never even insulted you. Why would you assume I would?

Anyway, I agree, all that Loki has is damage, but that needs changing. He's so terrible in competitive play, he's more or less nonexistent. I'm not saying his damage should be reduced because I don't want to see people use Loki, I want his damage and other aspects of him to be tweaked so he can actually be viable in competitive play, rather than just being a pub stomper.

I was talking more about Sub than you, Firraria. I quoted the wrong thing D:

I think where this whole argument lies is in the statement "But that needs changing"

I, personally, don't think it needs changing because that's what Loki is made for. Dealing flat out, straight damage.

Yes, he's terrible in competitive, but does every god have to be all primed for competitive? Fact of the matter is, most players don't play competitive: The majority of this game is casual.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 23, 2014 6:20am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Yes, he's terrible in competitive, but does every god have to be all primed for competitive? Fact of the matter is, most players don't play competitive: The majority of this game is casual.

Well IMO every god should be good to use in competitive. a lot of games have that (you will still have top picks but you will see more gods you normally don't see)

Still the majority is casual, but that majority treats it as if they are playing competitive.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 23, 2014 7:19am | Report

Okay no, let's stop this right now.
Spoiler: Click to view

I merely want to shut down a possible conflict. I trust you guys can handle this further :)
Ty ~Firefly

+Rep
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }