Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Deals Too Much Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Loki Deals Too Much Damage 160 posts - page 3 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 9:57am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

If Loki got fed in the first place, you made a huge mistake and didn't use the "same strategies that everyone knows", these strategies that PREVENT an assassin from getting fed.
It. Is. Solo. Queue. What part of this sentence do you not understand? Also, if you are making the assumption that I am the one that feeds Loki, you need to play lava hopscotch with the others of your class.

dacoqrs wrote:
AE cc Does actually stop Loki from doing that... If he's vanished, just cc in his general direction, or hell, stick near the squishies to protect them.
"CC in his general direction." Yeah, you're an ignorant peasant. Even if you react quickly, that doesn't change how you can't stop Loki from landing the first hit, which, due to his kit, is the majority of his damage. In addition, burning your CC for one guy can be easily capitalized on by a competent enemy team. And I'm just completely disregarding the first part of this statement for the sake of my own sanity.

dacoqrs wrote:
If he stacks pen he won't have enough burst. I play Loki and while some pen is necessary, too much and you can't do that burst damage Loki is known for.
*facepalm*. Warrior Tabi. Jotunn's Wrath. Titan's Bane. Core items on Loki, all give a good amount of pen. Combine with Heartseeker, and you have everything - CC, pen, and plenty of power.

Also, I'm done with you. You aren't reading my statements, there's no point in continuing the conversation.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2014 10:28am | Report
I'm sure calling me names, insulting me, and telling me I need to play "Lava hopsotch" makes you feel better huh Sub?

I am DISGUSTED with how you have treated me. I have made no insulting statements toward you yet you continue to insult and harass me.

Nobody wants to discuss anything with you, A VETERAN, if all you do is call them ignorant peasants just because they disagree with you.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 21, 2014 10:39am | Report
Okay no, let's stop this right now.

There were some misunderstandings between you two. Let's analyse this problem.

Daco, you feel sub has offended you directly, But. The way I have seen it, Sub feels strongly about this topic and wants to defend it. I know those veteran tags and coloured names can be intimidating sometimes and it makes everything they say to you feel twice as bad. Be a mature guy and try not to take offence.

Sub, I can imagine how strongly you feel about this topic and I understand that you will become annoyed if someone gives a counter argument without seeing all the detail you have pointed out, Let's not make this worse. No need to tell him to play lava hopscotch or whatever, but its the heat of the moment.

Okay after I have caused upset I feel I need to help keep peace from now on. Neither of you should feel looked down upon/ offended by my post.
I merely want to shut down a possible conflict. I trust you guys can handle this further :)
Ty ~Firefly
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 21, 2014 11:40am | Report
See now, dacoqrs is right about the crowd control. I've maimed Loki for a while and if you're a good enough player, only CC can shut him down.

He's literally the perfect assassin in Smite.. the downsides that let him do so much single target burst is because of his teamfight precense. The only **** he can do is on a single god. His only crowd control. His only damage. Decoy can technically do something's but realistically, nothing.

Loki is only a good pick in Arena since it centers around killing and not dying. Loki isn't picked in high tier con matches as much anymore because he offers nothing to team fights and a good team can shut him down easily.

And I dun want a change cuz I'm liek 75% done with me guide nigs

I use him in every gamemode cuz I own but in reality he's only viable in arena and 1v1s

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 21, 2014 12:22pm | Report
Personally,

I only play loki in arena, he can get kills fast and the thrill of having to escape the enemy team is also nice :)
If loki gets stunned, he has a high chance to die, IF focused. Unfortunately I still lose to Loki's because my team never keeps an eye on him and when I try to kill him my team is farming the arena jungle or doing something else...

On the main topic, Loki does deal a lot of damage, BUT if we consider that some other gods also deal a lot of damage, BUT they deal it in AOE, he doesn't deal that much damage.

Also sentry wards? Do they reveal Loki???
I have noticed my team buying them and loki still being untouchable and invisible.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 21, 2014 1:21pm | Report
I think the problem with Loki is that he's so overpowered in damage but so underpowered in everything else.

Also, I've always hated the "just don't feed him" argument.
No matter what, if they game goes on long enough, EVERYBODY who is not AFK in base will reach level 20 and get a full build. Everyone gets fed in the end.
It also irks me when people say "don't feed him," as if to forget that maybe the enemy in question might be really good, and him getting fed off of killing players is bound to happen.

Lasty, sure, there is counters to Loki, but all of those counters can't always help you when he has full CDR.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 1:36pm | Report

Personally,

I only play loki in arena, he can get kills fast and the thrill of having to escape the enemy team is also nice :)
If loki gets stunned, he has a high chance to die, IF focused. Unfortunately I still lose to Loki's because my team never keeps an eye on him and when I try to kill him my team is farming the arena jungle or doing something else...

On the main topic, Loki does deal a lot of damage, BUT if we consider that some other gods also deal a lot of damage, BUT they deal it in AOE, he doesn't deal that much damage.

Also sentry wards? Do they reveal Loki???
I have noticed my team buying them and loki still being untouchable and invisible.
No, sadly they don't, because he's way to reliant on his stealth. I'd honestly prefer if he has another kind of gap closer in exchange for a weaker stealth.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 1:38pm | Report
Firraria wrote:

I think the problem with Loki is that he's so overpowered in damage but so underpowered in everything else.

Also, I've always hated the "just don't feed him" argument.
No matter what, if they game goes on long enough, EVERYBODY who is not AFK in base will reach level 20 and get a full build. Everyone gets fed in the end.
It also irks me when people say "don't feed him," as if to forget that maybe the enemy in question might be really good, and him getting fed off of killing players is bound to happen.

Lasty, sure, there is counters to Loki, but all of those counters can't always help you when he has full CDR.

I agree with this.

I mean, yes, using an active at a crucial moment can decide a game...but the same also applies to your enemy. That's why I don't consider actives to be too useful, as the enemy can make the exact same argument. At best, it's a stall war for active cooldowns; at worst, you get outplayed and die regardless.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 1:48pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

See now, dacoqrs is right about the crowd control. I've maimed Loki for a while and if you're a good enough player, only CC can shut him down.

Bold is mine.

That is my problem. I don't disagree with CC being a counter to Loki. My problem is that that is not a good solution.

Firstly, CC is not always available. Maybe it's because you've used it to peel. Maybe it's because your CC has a ridiculously high cooldown compared to other MOBAs'. Maybe it's because it's early game and you want to save it for the inevitable capitalization from the opposing duo lane. Or maybe it's just your champion choice.

Secondly, Loki can buy beads. You can't counter beads due to Loki being very able to kill you in the 3 second window of time he gets.

Lastly, stealth is really just too good of a gap closer IMO, due to counterplay being virtually nonexistent due to the lack of a stealth-revealing ward. I know he must be in melee range, but that's still a lot of places he could be, and you have few CC skills to use.

(Suggestion: Make his ult a basic ability, remove stun. Give stealth to ult. Now he has a proper gap closer and more counterplay (assuming the teleport is weakened, which it should be.) Perhaps his stealth can be recast a few timea or something else to make it more like an ult.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2014 2:25pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Bold is mine.

That is my problem. I don't disagree with CC being a counter to Loki. My problem is that that is not a good solution.

Firstly, CC is not always available. Maybe it's because you've used it to peel. Maybe it's because your CC has a ridiculously high cooldown compared to other MOBAs'. Maybe it's because it's early game and you want to save it for the inevitable capitalization from the opposing duo lane. Or maybe it's just your champion choice.

Secondly, Loki can buy beads. You can't counter beads due to Loki being very able to kill you in the 3 second window of time he gets.

Lastly, stealth is really just too good of a gap closer IMO, due to counterplay being virtually nonexistent due to the lack of a stealth-revealing ward. I know he must be in melee range, but that's still a lot of places he could be, and you have few CC skills to use.

(Suggestion: Make his ult a basic ability, remove stun. Give stealth to ult. Now he has a proper gap closer and more counterplay (assuming the teleport is weakened, which it should be.) Perhaps his stealth can be recast a few timea or something else to make it more like an ult.)

You're right. CC is not always available, in which case you are vulnerable to ALL gods, not just Loki.

Loki, in thoery, can buy beads. This would, in theory, give him a free kill every 90 seconds. However, this wastes an active slot, and puts him under 900 gold. Not a lot if he snowballs, but beads does have a cooldown.

Stealth is a very VERY good gap closer, but Sub I've said several times counterplay is not exactly impossible. You may have few cc skills to use, but your team hopefully has a tank, and in theory you should be sticking next to him at all times when there is a Loki on the other side.

Of course in Conquest this isn't possible, which is why you just need to be careful and listen to the noises so you can find out where he is. Vanish and Aimed Strike sounds have a tendency to move where Loki is going, I've found.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }