Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Deals Too Much Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Loki Deals Too Much Damage 160 posts - page 5 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2014 4:35pm | Report
I like your idea, Raventhor. It does make sense and means Loki really needs to hustle, get the kill, and get out.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 5:05pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Loki, in thoery, can buy beads. This would, in theory, give him a free kill every 90 seconds. However, this wastes an active slot, and puts him under 900 gold. Not a lot if he snowballs, but beads does have a cooldown.
This applies to any would-be Loki counters, and it's a lot easier to get fed as Loki than as an ADC. Loki is THE Pubstomper, getting fed is even easier than getting a free kill with Thanatos.

dacoqrs wrote:
Stealth is a very VERY good gap closer, but Sub I've said several times counterplay is not exactly impossible. You may have few cc skills to use, but your team hopefully has a tank, and in theory you should be sticking next to him at all times when there is a Loki on the other side.
Yes...I said that with tanks in mind. But try asking your tank to help you while he is in the duo lane and you are the mid mage, and it's 5 minutes in the match. And even when grouped, as I said before, just because your tank will zap Loki the instant he appears doesn't mean you won't take damage, and Loki needs only an instant to deal massive damage to you. Without preemptive CC (which is nearly impossible), he'll be able to hurt you no matter what you do.

dacoqrs wrote:
Of course in Conquest this isn't possible, which is why you just need to be careful and listen to the noises so you can find out where he is. Vanish and Aimed Strike sounds have a tendency to move where Loki is going, I've found.
You know, I do play against Loki. And with my volume up. I do play Conquest, you know.

Yes, you can hear Loki coming. You know he's in the general vicinity. But you can't see him. You don't know if he is 20 feet or 30 feet away. You don't know what angle he is coming from, whether or not he's retreating, or if he's circling back for another attempt. Just being able to tell if he's nearby is not enough counterplay.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 5:06pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Make DoT damage reveal Loki while he is using stealth. Then there is a ****ing counter. o.o Problem solved.

DOTS ALREADY REVEAL LOKI!

Edit: But as others have pointed out, mystical mark isn't really viable (its stats frankly suck; you're almost always better off buying Sovereignty, even as a support tank; the only ones who buy it are solo laners looking to farm easier).

A lot of these DoTs aren't very good defensively. Love Birds and such are ****shoots when trying to aim for a stealthed Loki. In fact, the only viable DoT abilites for this, IMO, are tornadoes, Whirlpool, and Solar Blessing, which you can sit inside of, and Honey and Poison Darts, which hit in a wide AoE. But the list of gods that can do this is very small, and once you remove the nonviable ones, it's even smaller.

That isn't really counterplay, more of a perk of the god you picked instead of some gameplay element universal to all.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 21, 2014 5:24pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

DOTS ALREADY REVEAL LOKI!

Not all dot damage, and it doesn't literally remove him from stealth it just shows you where he is, which isn't the same thing, since he's still faster (vanish speed increase) and still has the bonus damage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 5:26pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I don't know if I like the phasing in and out, though, that becomes complicated.

I meant after a couple seconds, Loki loses his stealth. Similar to the Subterfuge Talent for Rogues in World of Warcraft, if anyone here has experience with that.

Um...I may be missing something here, but what exactly is the difference between being revealed and having a flashing number tick on top of your head, practically speaking?

Edit: Got your reply. I see it now. The terminology confuses me.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2014 5:48pm | Report
What do you suggest then, sub? It seems at first you were unhappy with the damage, but now it seems you're more disgruntled with the lack of (In your opinion) counterplay.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 6:23pm | Report
Hmm...what makes Loki's fed-ness difficult to counter? His stealth, in part, but also his ability to practically oneshot an ADC if a few levels ahead, on top of him being VERY safe if the target can't damage him. For example, an ADC that was shut down.

I have a simple solution to just reduce his scalings. Heavily. Like, seriously, that's all it takes. It solves the problem of his damage when fed, adds counterplay (by waiting him out), and blah blah blah. He's a mid game assassin; that should be his niche. Struggles early game, very strong mid game, falls off late game.

Yeah, his late game teamfight will suck even harder than it does now. Compensate for that in other ways, but I think a damage reduction is sorely needed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 21, 2014 6:30pm | Report
I agree with sub that loki is VERY POWERFUL in solo q, but I'm not sure about a full on nerf to him. I could see small nerfs to all his abilities to make it a bigger nerf, but giving signifcant nerfs to all of his abilities instead of multiple smaller nerfs that add up to a significant nerf seems a bit much. So basically, I agree with you, but I don't agree with you.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 6:31pm | Report
As for late game teamfights, if an assassin lacks damage, give him utility.

I say make it tied to his ult, which is rather boring. Perhaps make the target receive more damage from all sources, to ease picking off enemies (so he's indirectly doing his job.) Or perhaps have him build tanky and abuse the 8 sec CD of Aimed Strike and become a DPS fighter. Or something.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 21, 2014 6:54pm | Report
Loki needs a buff, not a nerf. Or at least give him something more.

I recently reached Legendary Mastery Loki and now I'm bored because every time there's a teamfight I have nothing to contribute. Almost every other Assassin I can think of has something to contribute to teamfights. They're either like Bakasura, who has a high damage AoE ultimate that he can use to damage A LOT of people, or they are like Mercury, who can easily fight multiple opponents because of his 2 ability and sheer damage output. Loki? Nothing. ALL of his abilities are incapable of damaging more than one person (his 2 doesn't count, I don't care what you say). Bakasura's 3 ability is a continuous buff that lasts for a few seconds, making it effective in team fights or against multiple attackers. Loki's 3 ability can only damage one person. In my opinion, the amount of damage he deals doesn't make up for his complete lack of team presence.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }