Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Deals Too Much Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Loki Deals Too Much Damage 160 posts - page 2 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:12am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Loki in ZERO way needs nerfs, sorry.

It's clear that you have not read my post and only the title of the thread, or you would have realized that I say Loki's damage in two specific situations need nerfs, not the god as a whole.

You are acting like an ignorant commoner peasant, one who has the insolence to spit on the face of his betters. This is Solo Queue, not 5-man queue or Plat ranked with Curse or 1v1 Joust. Loki will get fed eventually, and being impossible to counter is not a good thing. And you do admit that most assassins in general are impossible to counter when fed; stop treating it like it's a good thing and accept it for the problem that it is. Not to mention, you need to stop blandly repeating the same tired old anti-assassin strategies of "grouping" and "focus firing" and "2v1-ing him."

BASICALLY. I am tired of facing him a solo queue and dying despite KNOWING you can outplay him because he happened to have over 5.0 KDR (none of your deaths, naturally) and counterplay becomes impossible once he's 3 levels higher than you.

I don't CARE if he's considered trash in ranked; he might as well be a guaranteed win in solo queue and I'm sick of that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:17am | Report

Snip

Yesh, I do find that annoying at times. He already has stealth as unique utility; his blink thing is another unique gap closer. I think he's the only assassin with an instant gap closer like that; it's another thing that removes counteprlay potential.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » July 21, 2014 8:23am | Report
I have a suggestion for Assassinate.

1: Give it a delay. The way it works is that if Loki activates it and "hits" the opponent his dagger will appear above them, and after 1/2s the ability actually activates and he teleports to them. If he misses the dagger will still appear, only on the spot he will teleport, allowing enemies to know where he is going and getting ready for a counter-attack.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:26am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

I have a suggestion for Assassinate.

1: Give it a delay. The way it works is that if Loki activates it and "hits" the opponent his dagger will appear above them, and after 1/2s the ability actually activates and he teleports to them. If he misses the dagger will still appear, only on the spot he will teleport, allowing enemies to know where he is going and getting ready for a counter-attack.

This sounds like a straight nerf (purely gameplay wise, practically speaking it's a balanced suggestion); while I do like your idea, I think there should be some kind of compensation (to those playing Loki at higher levels).

Perhaps make the skill match its name and make it deal bonus damage to weakened targets, perhaps, making this more of a finishing move. Or granting Loki refreshed cooldowns upon landing the killing blow.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » July 21, 2014 8:49am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This sounds like a straight nerf (purely gameplay wise, practically speaking it's a balanced suggestion); while I do like your idea, I think there should be some kind of compensation (to those playing Loki at higher levels).

Perhaps make the skill match its name and make it deal bonus damage to weakened targets, perhaps, making this more of a finishing move. Or granting Loki refreshed cooldowns upon landing the killing blow.

What about having it so that people who are in it/under it as it goes off get attacked, or giving it an execute threshold? (Maybe at like 25% health?)

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:50am | Report
And for posterity's sake, I'm going to post a list of basic counterplay strats for other assassins when fed.

the list

tl;dr: So yeah, basically, nearly all of Smite's assassins lack counterplay when fed. I hope for an ideal balance between Fenrir and Kali; you won't be a sad sack of uselessness against your weakness, but you won't have the ability to curb stomp entire teams on your lonesome while carrying the damage of two late game ADCs.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 8:52am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

What about having it so that people who are in it/under it as it goes off get attacked, or giving it an execute threshold? (Maybe at like 25% health?)

Execute threashold is too much like Thanatos, I think something like Garen's ult (additional damage per point of target's missing health) would be better. And the under-it-as-it-goes-off is nothing new. However, the normal damage it deals might need to be reduced to compensate.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2014 9:05am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

It's clear that you have not read my post and only the title of the thread, or you would have realized that I say Loki's damage in two specific situations need nerfs, not the god as a whole.

You are acting like an ignorant commoner peasant, one who has the insolence to spit on the face of his betters. This is Solo Queue, not 5-man queue or Plat ranked with Curse or 1v1 Joust. Loki will get fed eventually, and being impossible to counter is not a good thing. And you do admit that most assassins in general are impossible to counter when fed; stop treating it like it's a good thing and accept it for the problem that it is. Not to mention, you need to stop blandly repeating the same tired old anti-assassin strategies of "grouping" and "focus firing" and "2v1-ing him."

BASICALLY. I am tired of facing him a solo queue and dying despite KNOWING you can outplay him because he happened to have over 5.0 KDR (none of your deaths, naturally) and counterplay becomes impossible once he's 3 levels higher than you.

I don't CARE if he's considered trash in ranked; he might as well be a guaranteed win in solo queue and I'm sick of that.

And once again you take the first line of my post and consider that my entire view. Sigh. Sub, I'm sick of your bs. If you don't like the anti-assassin strategies that DO ACTUALLY WORK, then don't play Smite. Simple as that. These "same tired old anti-assassin strategies" have lasted a long time because they ACTUALLY work.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 21, 2014 9:40am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

And once again you take the first line of my post and consider that my entire view. Sigh. Sub, I'm sick of your bs. If you don't like the anti-assassin strategies that DO ACTUALLY WORK, then don't play Smite. Simple as that. These "same tired old anti-assassin strategies" have lasted a long time because they ACTUALLY work.

You just acknowledged that I read the part with anti-assassin strats...and then you say I read only the first line of your post, in the first line of your post. *sigh*

Listing the same strategies that everyone knows, strategies which are useless once assassins get fed, does not add anything to the conversation. AoE CC is nice but not everyone has it, and AoE CC doesn't stop Loki from physically walking up to your ADC, taking out 3/4ths of his health with Vanish + Aimed Strike, and finishing him off with Assassinate after you CC him. Or he can beads - he can use actives too, you know. Or he can Aegis. Or he can just elect to kill you; a fed Loki stacks pen and can do that if he gets fed enough.

I miss rich people.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 21, 2014 9:51am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

You just acknowledged that I read the part with anti-assassin strats...and then you say I read only the first line of your post, in the first line of your post. *sigh*

Listing the same strategies that everyone knows, strategies which are useless once assassins get fed, does not add anything to the conversation. AoE CC is nice but not everyone has it, and AoE CC doesn't stop Loki from physically walking up to your ADC, taking out 3/4ths of his health with Vanish + Aimed Strike, and finishing him off with Assassinate after you CC him. Or he can beads - he can use actives too, you know. Or he can Aegis. Or he can just elect to kill you; a fed Loki stacks pen and can do that if he gets fed enough.

I miss rich people.

If Loki got fed in the first place, you made a huge mistake and didn't use the "same strategies that everyone knows", these strategies that PREVENT an assassin from getting fed.

AE cc Does actually stop Loki from doing that... If he's vanished, just cc in his general direction, or hell, stick near the squishies to protect them.

If he stacks pen he won't have enough burst. I play Loki and while some pen is necessary, too much and you can't do that burst damage Loki is known for.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }