Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Deals Too Much Damage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Loki Deals Too Much Damage 160 posts - page 10 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 23, 2014 7:21am | Report
Loki is a really strong pick in competitive btw guys :P

So I don't get where the "Loki is OP in casuals as a pubstomper and **** in competitive" statements are coming from.

Last weeks tournament games:
16 games total and 10 games with Loki pick or bad :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by anshsmite » July 23, 2014 8:20am | Report
Not sure of the issue out here, but I will defend BME bcz he was the only guy deserving of a +rep on every 2nd if not every post. Sure that happened when I was arka. For Loki we must start a new thread titled "Loki rework god idea" where people can post their views on how they wanna see Loki as.

anshsmite

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 23, 2014 8:34am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I may be expecting too much of an uneducated commoner such as yourself, but if you could read, I'm sure I would not have to repeat myself a third time.

We're not looking for a nerf to his damage and leaving him like that, as the worst assassin in the game. We're looking to reduce his damage IN EXCHANGE for improving him in other areas, hopefully making him both less aggravating to fight against as well as become competitively viable.

Peasants these days.

Please do not be so quick to needlessly insult others, because I was not referring to you when I said what I did. While you and some others are saying his damage should be nerfed in exchange for something else, there are others within this thread that are suggesting that Loki overall is too powerful and that nerfing his damage should be all that is done. Not once did in my post did I mention your name, simply because I wasn't referring to you, because while you might not be looking to nerf his damage and leave him like that, some people are. Hell, I meet people on a daily basis that say Loki is completely overpowered, deals too much damage, and should be nerfed and left that way. I did read your response to my first post and I understand and would partially agree with balancing him out by taking some of his power away and replacing it with another thing. But even if I couldn't read and didn't understand any of your posts at all, you could try sounding less like a stuck-up prick when responding.

EDIT: Looking back, you did the exact same thing to dacoqrs.

Subzero008 wrote:
It's clear that you have not read my post and only the title of the thread, or you would have realized that I say Loki's damage in two specific situations need nerfs, not the god as a whole.

You are acting like an ignorant commoner peasant, one who has the insolence to spit on the face of his betters.

There's absolutely 0 need for this, Sub. I read Daco's original post over and over again looking for even the slightest glimpse of an offensive statement that might have caused you to lash out at him, but there was none. He simply provided an insult-free response to your original post. Once again, even if he completely failed to comprehend your post and lacks reading ability, that is a poor reason to cast aspersions on him. And if you truly believe such a thing makes you a better human being than any of us, it's high time you got down from that towering pedestal that you believe you stand on.

dacoqrs wrote:
Well dacoqrs, you say, your lowly peasant commoner *** doesn't understand!

+Rep

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 23, 2014 9:04am | Report
@sweettenderlove. what you reacted to is in the past. that issue they had with eachother is for as far as i know been resolved and there is no reason to bring it up again.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 23, 2014 9:06am | Report
All4Games wrote:

@sweettenderlove. what you reacted to is in the past. that issue they had with eachother is for as far as i know been resolved and there is no reason to bring it up again.

It may be in the past, but then he came and reacted the same way to me. Insulting me for no reason whatsoever, which he did to dacoqrs as well in the very same manner. It's a bad habit he clearly has that needs to be called out and put a stop to. He shouldn't be getting away with this just because his post count is higher or whatever.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » July 23, 2014 9:07am | Report
@BestMinion there a still far better pick for solo in tourny than a loki to help out the team.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 23, 2014 9:30am | Report
Yeah despite whatever happened in this tourney (I didn't pay attention to it at this point) he's been exceptionally underrepresented in other tourneys. Lassiz, Dignitas's jungler who is INFAMOUS for his Loki, has basically said he will never main or play Loki consistently in tournaments except in niche picks because Loki brings nothing to a team except MAYBE a kill.

Also, to anyone who says Aegis isn't a counter, just remember: if you aegis a loki, he dies, and the team is now in a 5v4, resulting in big objective pushes. It doesn't matter if the CD on aegis is long, it's still a won fight.

But this is exactly why we're talking about reducing damage and giving him something utility wise.

I haven't read this ridiculously long post in a while, have we actually brainstormed or theorycrafted exactly WHAT to give him in exchange for a damage reduction?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 23, 2014 10:04am | Report

Loki is a really strong pick in competitive btw guys :P

So I don't get where the "Loki is OP in casuals as a pubstomper and **** in competitive" statements are coming from.

Last weeks tournament games:
16 games total and 10 games with Loki pick or bad :P

*flatly* what.

Okay, when I say Loki sucks in higher levels of play, I base that off of three things.

1. I haven't lost in ages to a Loki in a game where I had a competent team. And my standards for competence are basically "Don't feed over three deaths, three is okay."
2. I never saw him in ranked, ever, like, not even a single instance, last season. I saw played him exactly once this season, and I saw him banned only once. Bronze 5, 10 games played so far.
3. RT keeps telling me how no one plays him. I think it's been permanently ingrained into my head by now.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 23, 2014 10:04am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Yeah despite whatever happened in this tourney (I didn't pay attention to it at this point) he's been exceptionally underrepresented in other tourneys. Lassiz, Dignitas's jungler who is INFAMOUS for his Loki, has basically said he will never main or play Loki consistently in tournaments except in niche picks because Loki brings nothing to a team except MAYBE a kill.

Also, to anyone who says Aegis isn't a counter, just remember: if you aegis a loki, he dies, and the team is now in a 5v4, resulting in big objective pushes. It doesn't matter if the CD on aegis is long, it's still a won fight.

But this is exactly why we're talking about reducing damage and giving him something utility wise.

I haven't read this ridiculously long post in a while, have we actually brainstormed or theorycrafted exactly WHAT to give him in exchange for a damage reduction?

Loki used Aegis/Combat Blink/Beads! It's Super Effective!

And for some reason, whenever I put up a suggestion, the next post is always "NO DONT NERF LOKI YOU ****HEAD!" (exact words), so I have to restate myself.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 23, 2014 10:13am | Report
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/general-discussion/what-does-loki-need-5704

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }