Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sylvanus Support/Solo Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Sylvanus Support/Solo Help 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 29, 2015 12:26pm | Report
Yeah, rotations are a bit tricky and hard to get hang of, but when you get familiar with them, i'm sure you will find them one of the most interesting thing of being a support.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 29, 2015 12:50pm | Report
I guess I've just always had more of an affinity for a support-type role. In other games with classes (way back in the day when I played EQ, WoW, Guild Wars 2, even TF2, etc.), I've always liked to play in a situation where I make others more effective.

Even when playing in Assault mode, I find that I'm most effective playing the tankier classes. I think I'm too stupid to play quick kill/quick death bursties correctly (at least on a consistent basis...I've wrecked as Freya and Bastet before).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 30, 2015 10:39am | Report
still I would reccommend more roles (as that's just a lot of fun and sometimes someone else wants to be the support

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 30, 2015 12:42pm | Report
Well, I've played solo before, and am sort of comfortable enough to play it when necessary. My choice there would probably be Chaac, though I'd also consider Chang'e...

Think I'd probably be somewhat okay mid as well (but being conscious of jungler ganks). I'm most comfortable with Ra, but wonder which other mids would be good choices there.

ADC is pretty straightforward, I guess. Would likely choose Rama or Cupid, though I'm comfortable with Neith and Artemis, for what it's worth. Don't like Apollo, and don't have AMC unlocked...just didn't like his kit, personally.

Just would NOT want to play Jungler. I'd have to be way more comfortable with the whole map and the rotations to do that.

But if I just sit back and don't call anything, 90% of the time, it seems like I'll end up as support in any case!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 31, 2015 7:45am | Report
yeah support is something most people get forced to play. Also IMO jungle is easier then support as long as you get the hang of navigating through the jungle

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 31, 2015 9:48am | Report
Nah, I'd say jungling is the hardest role in the game. Then support, then mid, adc, solo.

But if you're bad at jungling, maybe you shouldn't be as keen to do much better as support. The roles are very similar.

The support meta right now heavily depends on your rotations. Idk what's in store for season 2 though.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 31, 2015 10:08am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Nah, I'd say jungling is the hardest role in the game. Then support, then mid, adc, solo.

But if you're bad at jungling, maybe you shouldn't be as keen to do much better as support. The roles are very similar.

The support meta right now heavily depends on your rotations. Idk what's in store for season 2 though.

I agree on this but I'm a terrible support (because I like more damaging squishier characters).

the jungler is mostly a support for solo as support won't rotate to solo normally

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }