Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sylvanus Support/Solo Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Sylvanus Support/Solo Help 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 23, 2015 2:28pm | Report
Hey people,

Thought this topic would go best here. Thinking about starting to play a bit of Conquest. I've only ever played in the Solo lane and the Duo lane as a support. After deliberating, I'm starting to focus in on playing Sylvanus, at least as support, but am also curious about playing him in the solo lane. Regarding solo, I had watched this video...this was, of course, before the basic attack range nerf, but still looks interesting:

Since the Conquest side is still new to me, I'll clarify that I know the importance and location for placing wards in both roles. I also know for solo that I want to try to stay in lane as long as possible before going back for items. And for general gameplay, I think my ability build priority will generally be Wisps > Nature's Grasp > Verdant Growth > Wrath of Terra. I know the Verdant Growth to Nature's Grasp combo and all that.

For a support build, this guide and its build structure makes sense to me:

I think these are my main problems, alongside my current understanding, if you can call it that.

1. When do I stay in lane, and when and where do I target jungle objectives (XP, Mana, etc.)? To start, depending on side, I think I'm either supposed to go with ADC (as support) to mana, and then to lane...but when would I go XP harpies first? (FYI, I still get lost in the jungle, even after looking at the stupid maps). Does it matter if I'm the last one to hit the harpies?
  2. Am I correct that as support, I give mana to the ADC, but I would take it myself as solo?
  3. When/how often should I use Fist of the Gods? Also, I know I upgrade to Wrath of the Gods later for the fire giant/gold fury finisher. But mostly, should I just use it on objectives/minion wave when it's up?
  4. As support, when should I break away from the ADC to help out the other lanes? I've heard around the 5 minute mark. Previously, I've just always stuck right by the ADC almost the entire time, and I now know that's not helping the team out much.

Anyway, so how viable is he in the solo lane? I've also played solo as Chang'e and Chaac, but I think I was outpushed both times, until the jungler came and helped out. Thinking about trying Vamana in the solo lane as well.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've read general guides and such, but still end up being unsure about things...and watching others' gameplay on YouTube, well, they all do things differently.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2015 12:59am | Report
Maybe I need to change this to "Any God But Sylvanus Support Help." I guess I did sorta okay on one of 3 rounds, but one round, I was matched with Ullr against Cupid/Ares. I got wrecked, a LOT. I was 0-6 by the time we surrendered...it was ugly. And for the most part, I wasn't trying to wander away...they killed Ullr first, and then got me, and it was over from there on...could never feel like I could do anything, and Sylv seems way weaker than what I was seeing in the vids. Guess he had gotten nerfed, but still...

So, I've heard Athena, Geb, and Ares...maybe Ymir are pretty good supports. If I were to concentrate on one, which would you say, and why? Or is Sylvanus actually really good, and I should probably just quit Conquest altogether?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 24, 2015 4:55am | Report
1. not really but the mage should be securing it. Also this is depending on side if you are blue side you go mana buff but on red you go mid (as they are on duo side the ones you would like to take)

2. mana goes to adc as support and solo gets mana too (this is going to change with the new map because only solo will have blue)

3. mostly when your getting outpushed in solo (also both in solo and support I would favor wrath of gods over fist of gods for shorter CD). but as support you want to be mostly securing your blue buff or mid harpies. (and later GF and FG. make sure you have tier 3 around min 10-15) or your adc is away you can use it on the archer wave

4. mostly when the mid furies are up again you will start to rotate again and mostly you will be roaming between mid and duo lane. But this also depends on the enemy support. if he rotates you will need to rotate too as mid would probably need more help. And also it depends on your adc id he can't 1v2 then you are better staying near him.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

So, I've heard Athena, Geb, and Ares...maybe Ymir are pretty good supports. If I were to concentrate on one, which would you say, and why? Or is Sylvanus actually really good, and I should probably just quit Conquest altogether?

Athena, geb and silvanus are pretty top picks atm. Ares is a really low pick because he brings damage instead of a good peel. ymir is avarage.

Also support is one of the hardest lane. And if they are on your carry you want to root or/and grapple ares as far away so his fire damage stops (and hopefully his next 2 sets of chains too)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 26, 2015 11:49am | Report
Do you have a preference between Geb and Athena? Considering both, and I understand their strengths/weaknesses to a degree, but I want to concentrate on one, and having a hard time deciding. Geb sounds really nice for his passive, but I like Athena for her mobility ult, which will be great whenever I go back to base.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 27, 2015 6:05am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Do you have a preference between Geb and Athena? Considering both, and I understand their strengths/weaknesses to a degree, but I want to concentrate on one, and having a hard time deciding. Geb sounds really nice for his passive, but I like Athena for her mobility ult, which will be great whenever I go back to base.

depends on layout I actually like ymir way more. but it depends on both teams as geb is good for teams with a lot of cc (shield cleanse) and athena for the mobility

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 27, 2015 7:23am | Report
I can help you out with Sylvanus. He is considered the strongest support as of now. The reason why he is strong includes 3 things:
  • Early game / Heal
  • Peel
  • Pods

No other mainstream support can heal and this heal helps his early game tremendously. His early game is pretty much unmatched in the lane and his ult is great for stealing objectives/setting up kills. If Sylvanus blinks into an fg/gf and ults, he can easily steal it if the enemy support does not have magi's blessing. Sylvanus actually does have a good DPS for a guardian early game but falls off late. However, his utility is still great, even in the late game.

His peel is fantastic. He has a root, a pull, an AoE knockup ultimate, and a RNG root passive. Sure it's not as extreme as Ymir's Frost Breath but that's a lot of CC!

His pods give mana regen and you can drop it in other lanes. Usually, I'll drop a pod in the mid lane, ward the enemy blue or my blue, and then do mid camps.

I'm just gonna try to help you out in general, starting with the build.

Start - Watcher's Gift + Hand of the Gods + (2) Ward + potions. As sylvanus, I take either multi=potions or mana potions because of your heal. Then prioritize finishing midas boots. Your next step is to get Wrath of the Gods for an early gold fury or to be able to contest it. The rest of your build is situational.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 28, 2015 9:06pm | Report
Thanks Greenevers. Maybe I need to just stick with it and keep playing different supports overall. I've got so few Conquest games played that I don't think I've given myself enough time. I'm so much more comfortable in Assault that not fully knowing what I'm doing incorrectly in Conquest is frustrating.

I think that's how I've started out most of my supports. I would generally do the cookie cutter build after that...Sov unless the duo ADC is magical (unlikely), then any of Urchin, Gaia, Pest, Isolation, Valor, etc...depending on the match up.

I hate not doing well!!!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 29, 2015 11:18am | Report
also look at the new know your enemy for some tips on sylv

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 29, 2015 11:49am | Report
I can give you some tips for support sylv.
Chaos side: You have 2 options. First - You do mid furies with your mid and adc and then go to your blue buff which you give to your adc. Second one- While your adc and mid do mid furies, you start doing blue buff, so when your adc comes the big minion will have small amount of hp left. You always give your adc the blue buff.
Order start- you just start at the blue buff and do it with your adc. I recommend not spending HoG, so you can use it in lane to get some pressure.

Unless enemy has 4-5 magical gods - you always build Soevreignty. It is just too strong atm. Then - depends on the situation. You always start with watchers gift and then get midas boots for the gold boost. After getting midas boots you should get HoG 3 asap. Don't start building anything unless you have hog 3. It is important because sometimes enemies can do Gold Fury that early. Also you might want to get blink after hog 3 because sylv is very slow and has no movement abilities.

You should leave duo lane to reach mid furies for 3:00 minute mark. At that time you probably will be level 5 unless you got killed. (don't forget to tag the wave before leaving). After that the fun begins. By fun I mean rotations. You will be rotating from duo to mid and vica versa. But I won't recommend rotating to solo lane. Smart enemies will take the advantage of it and start doing the gold fury, and you won't be able to reach it in time.

Yes, as a support you mostly give mana buff to your adc, and when you go solo you always take the blue buff.

About HoG: Try to have your HoG ready for 3 minute mark, so when the mid furies start you can secure them with HoG if enemy contests them. Also try not to use your HoG 3 when Gold Fury or Fire Giant are up, so you will be always ready to secure them. Also I don't know if you meant it, but never buy fist of gods on support. Buy wrath of the gods (tier 3 HoG)

As I said you usually want to start rotating by 3 minute mark. Firstly there are mid furies where fights happen occasionally, then gank mid lane. So you should be rotating over the map. But sometimes you want to stick with your adc. This happens when he is behind and needs help to clear the wave without enemy adc killing him. This is a double-bladed situation. Yes you help your adc to clear the wave, but enemy adc will be getting more and more ahead because he will have solo exp from minions, while your adc will be sharing it.

Can't say anything about solo lane, because I have never tried Sylv in solo lane. But if you have any more questions about support then feel free to ask ;)

Hope I helped ;)

Forgot to say that some of this info won't work on PTS. There are many changes and supports are affected by some of them pretty much. Like there are no Midas boots on PTS, Sovereignty is bad there, etc..

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 29, 2015 11:56am | Report
Hi GeouZu,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I meant HoG and Wrath, not Fist...mis-type.

Gonna give Sylv more of a chance...I need to get familiar enough with Conquest first! (pretty sure I'm around or under 30 total games in Conquest)

The whole rotating thing and the camps are mostly what throw me off. That will come with experience. Your info definitely helps!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }