Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on Kumhakarna

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on Kumhakarna 42 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » April 11, 2014 11:11pm | Report
He seems to have too much damage and wave clear for a tank, and his Yawn does seem OP. 3.5s mez that can be casted almost instantly?...

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 11, 2014 11:21pm | Report
Apollo has nearly the same, instantaneous, long mes. 2.3 compared to 3.5...makes sense on a tank. And let's be real, how long do mesmerizes usually last? While obviously exceptions occur, mesmerizes are usually going to be treated as interrupts, not hard CC.

Either way, yes his damage is big, but it's high risk high reward, but very low probability of a smart player losing to it.

I find him very very balanced. He's like Tank Scylla. You land things you're gonna have a good time. You don't you're gonna have a very bad time.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » April 12, 2014 1:58am | Report
As a guy that plays support, I see *** more suited for solo laning. His 1 can clear waves (or at least kill the archers) quite early in the game, stripping your adc from those last hits. His mez is nice and that slow is badass but it looks more like a retreat skill more than iniciation. His root takes like two days to be casted, but I still think it might work.

The sleeping thing could be useful with a partner though. If they try to finish you off, your adc can protect your life kinda sorta.

About laning, I believe he'll be an amazing solo laner against most warriors and Ra (mostly because you can mez them if they want to finish you off when melee ranged and most kills Ra gets are from a long range snipe.

He'll suck *** against kui though due to that double AA from the book thingy.

Also, I believe he NEEDS blink, like Ymir. Blink, mez them, use your ult on the squishy guy. Does a ****ton of damage and gets him be set up for tornadoes and stuff while the other targets on landing will be thrown the **** out if they were close and being slowed, making them easy targets for guys like Loki and stuff. He can be REALLY strong in arena.

Alas, *** doesn't fit my playstyle at all, but I really want to use him.

Lastly, see what I mean? A ****ing uppercut that's badass, a new passive, the throwing minions thingy. Those are original things, and not the copy-pasted god that Ullr is. God I hate his kit.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » April 12, 2014 2:04am | Report
Can you Beads his Ult? If so then that would be hella easy to counter. If not then there's always Aegis.

Ullr is super boring to me, still haven't touched him. Khumba doesn't look incredibly interesting to me, I doubt I'll ever use him. I really hope the next God/Goddess is fun or a bit more interesting, at least for me. I know that a lot of other people really like him, guess he's just not for me.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » April 12, 2014 2:25am | Report
I'm not a guardian guy, but I might actually try him out. He seems just balanced on paper.

3.5 seconds mesmerize it's pretty steep btw, he can cover any retreat with that.

He needs 6 + 4 if level 20 basics to be dead, that's not likely to happen considering his mesmerize.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » April 12, 2014 2:39am | Report
I think his damage potential on his 1 is too strong. Also, Hi-Rez seems to have this idea that the tanks need insane damage potential, I just want one that soaks up damage and does little to none, such as Leona from LoL.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Keari » April 12, 2014 4:41am | Report
I think they design tanks that way so more people wants to play support. I haven't played lol but a role that has the sole purpose of acting like a meat shield sounds kinda boring.

Keari

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 12, 2014 5:24am | Report
Seems pretty fun to me. If he would have come out when I actually liked guardians I would probably love him just as much as Bacchus

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » April 12, 2014 6:43am | Report
He looks fun for a guardian. I can't wait to try him out! Decent WC, CC and damage. Infact, I think his WC is one of the most potent out of the guardians. On paper anyway.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » April 12, 2014 10:13am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I think his damage potential on his 1 is too strong. Also, Hi-Rez seems to have this idea that the tanks need insane damage potential, I just want one that soaks up damage and does little to none, such as Leona from LoL.

Maybe I'm just building wrong, but Sobek, aside from his ult, doesn't do a whole lotta damage mid/late game (at least compared to the other tanks.)

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }