Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 31 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite 305 posts - page 6 of 31
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 19, 2014 3:59pm | Report
Nox taunt animation if some of you are too lazy to check in-game:

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 19, 2014 4:06pm | Report
Milf confirmed.

I mean can they get anymore obvious?

I kind of feel that over time they got more obvious with the fetish stuff and put in more... Well... Interesting (not quiet the right word) fetishes.

Also thank you greenevers for allowing me to be more lazy.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 19, 2014 4:59pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Nox taunt animation if some of you are too lazy to check in-game:

Spoiler: Click to view

It's too late here to contribute anything too meaningful to this thread, but me after seeing this:
Spoiler: Click to view

(I will make a proper post tomorrow)

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2014 5:03pm | Report
Wait, there are women that work at HiRez. And I'm under the impression that the ones who do are mostly in the art design department. Suppressed fantasies?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » December 19, 2014 5:03pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Well to be honest I can't think of a woman in a video game that's playable that is fat or otherwise ill of body unless they are monstrous or intended to be hated/joked about. Weird.

That one fat lady from Happy Wheels comes to mind. Also, arguably Skyrim's monster races like Orcs and Khajiit have customizable women.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2014 8:30pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Well to be honest I can't think of a woman in a video game that's playable that is fat or otherwise ill of body unless they are monstrous or intended to be hated/joked about. Weird.

No woman wants to play an ugly character.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 19, 2014 8:38pm | Report
I don't know if it's necessarily the best set of examples but Sister Hannah (also known as "Hammer") from Fable 2 and the female Barbarian from Diablo don't have the standard slender frame (with one being extremely tall and possibly slightly overweight, and the other one being disgustingly slightly disturbingly muscular)
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 19, 2014 8:52pm | Report

I don't know if it's necessarily the best set of examples but Sister Hannah (also known as "Hammer") from Fable 2 and the female Barbarian from Diablo don't have the standard slender frame (with one being extremely tall and possibly slightly overweight, and the other one being disgustingly slightly disturbingly muscular)

Hammer is fat, but she is the hero of strength. It's not like she'd be some swimsuit model and the strongest person in the known world.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 19, 2014 9:15pm | Report
Well that's partially the point and partially why I said it's maybe not the best example.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 19, 2014 10:07pm | Report
Sex is awesome
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 31 >>
Forum

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }