Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SmiteFire General Chat

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » SmiteFire General Chat 137 posts - page 10 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » March 24, 2014 6:29am | Report
Actually,yes. The new curriculum (2013) even has students choose what they want to study since 10th grade(science or social).

School is divided to 3

Elementary - Junior high (Middle) - and High school.
Elementary has 6 classes, Junior high has 3, and High school 3, at first year of high school i have to study them all (even science), but in 11th grade i picked social studies. Love me some history.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » March 24, 2014 6:31am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

Admit it, if it wasn't for DBZ, you wouldn't know just what the hell anime is to this day (or maybe Sailor moon, Knights of the Zodiac, or any other 80's anime for that matter, but you know what I mean). c:

The first animes i really enjoy are Flame of Recca, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Hungry Heart.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » March 24, 2014 6:45am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

Actually,yes. The new curriculum (2013) even has students choose what they want to study since 10th grade(science or social).

School is divided to 3

Elementary - Junior high (Middle) - and High school.
Elementary has 6 classes, Junior high has 3, and High school 3, at first year of high school i have to study them all (even science), but in 11th grade i picked social studies. Love me some history.

I feel envy lol.I have to study all subject no matter what profession i want to choose.I have chosen Psychology for me,but I still learn maths(that i hate) although I don't need it to pass exams and join sociology faculty. And I have to study 12 years not 11 :(

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » March 24, 2014 6:54am | Report
I have to study 12 years as well before i go to university. I'm thinking Australia or New Zealand.
(Oh, and i still have to learn maths as well)

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 24, 2014 10:09am | Report

So, do you specialize your education by highschool in Indonesia? Here in the US, you even have to take general education courses in college. Because apparently I need courses in History for my degree in Mathematics -___-

I hated taking those general education classes. As soon as I was done with those and was only taking the courses that actually pertain to my major, my GPA shot up like a rocket.

Ended up taking a class on the geography of the universe when I'm majoring in Criminal Justice... Was an interesting class to some extent, but not one I would have willingly paid for, as well as many of the others I had to take that had nothing to do with my major.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 24, 2014 10:36am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

I hated taking those general education classes. As soon as I was done with those and was only taking the courses that actually pertain to my major, my GPA shot up like a rocket.

Ended up taking a class on the geography of the universe when I'm majoring in Criminal Justice... Was an interesting class to some extent, but not one I would have willingly paid for, as well as many of the others I had to take that had nothing to do with my major.

Yeah, that's why I chose to go to a community college for the first two years before transferring out. My scholarship covered all the general education courses, so I didn't have to waste my money on useless classes. This semester has been the most fun for me so far because all of my classes are part of my major. It's only going to get better (and more difficult, of course) from here :)

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 24, 2014 11:49am | Report
Yeah, definitely. Those first two years can be a real bore, but once I finally got to the point where I'm only taking my major courses, it's been pretty fun and interesting.

Though, to be fair, I had taken some pretty interesting courses for my general education requirements, such as the Geography and American Gothic Horror Literature classes, though most of them were just boring.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » March 25, 2014 3:50am | Report
Does anyone here take up debating? I took up debating last year at school. Now the club's been disbanded :(

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » March 25, 2014 4:15am | Report
I've done a bit of debating in school, its fun to infuriate the competition while keeping your calm and see them getting burst up in front of everyone :D.
......Don't look at me like that, i'm mean -.-
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 25, 2014 4:39am | Report
Demolibium wrote:

I've done a bit of debating in school, its fun to infuriate the competition while keeping your calm and see them getting burst up in front of everyone :D.
......Don't look at me like that, i'm mean -.-

I did debating as well, and did not enjoy it as I was my team's 3rd speaker. That meant that all I did was rebut, rebut, rebut. And having to make 3 minutes worth of rebuttal in 3 minutes was too stressful for me.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }