Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Demigod Quest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Demigod Quest 181 posts - page 11 of 19
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 1, 2015 6:15pm | Report
Votes locking in 18 hours.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 2, 2015 8:40pm | Report
[x] All-in

This was going to be tricky.

As you approach the hydra, it rears its long necks and its heads whip toward you, fangs bared.

You sidestep the first head, which only grazes you, and spin around to slash the next head in half. You bring your sword back up in time to cut down the next two heads, but a third slams directly into your chest, which doesn't draw blood but knocks you off your feet, as the last head snaps at empty air right where you were standing.

You manage to keep your grip on your sword, tumble into a roll, and then get back on your feet. One of its heads is entirely limp, one head has been blinded and is lashing out furiously, and one has a deep gouge on its neck, just on the edge of decapitation. But you know that those wounds are only temporary.

Then it goes wrong.

The hydra lumbers forward and lashes out again, and you step forward, bringing your sword up in a deadly arc that completely bisects a head, only for the next one to clamp its jaws around your sword as the other bites your opposite arm.

You scream in pain, but you manage to rip the sword out of the monster's teeth as it tosses you into the air.

Three heads, one blind, gape at you with open jaws as your upward momentum comes to a halt.

[x] Go right to the body.
[x] Cut off all of its remaining heads; maybe it'll die without a head alive.
[x] Disable the heads in any way you can, then kill it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 2, 2015 8:41pm | Report
I apologize for the inconsistent updates. There's no excuse, and I'll bring them on-time from now on.

Votes locking in 28??? hours.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 5, 2015 4:51am | Report
Bump.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 6, 2015 8:27am | Report
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 8, 2015 4:01am | Report

You have to go for the body. It was your only chance.

Three heads rise up to rip you apart as you slowly begin to fall.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl.

You're barely an arm's length from the hydra. Close enough to see the gleam of its teeth and smell its rotting breath.

You tighten your grip on the sword.

The hydra closes in.

With a sudden pivot midair, you slice off the nearest head in one clean stroke, as you kick the other head aside as it lunges at your legs.

You fall past the final, blinded head, twist yourself into position, and bring down your sword in one unstoppable stroke that splits the hydra from the base of its necks to its waist.

And then it was over.

The landing is painful, but not bone-breaking, thanks to the hydra's bulk acting as a slide. With great effort, you drag yourself away as the hydra collapses, thrashing in its death throes. You turn, resting on your elbows, as its convulsions slow to to a shiver, until it exhales its last breath and dies.

Your limbs lose their strength, and you lay on your back, shivering as blood flows from your wounds. It was finished. It was done.

"Well done," booms a deep voice, seeming to come from all directions.

For a moment, you wonder if you're hallucinating, perhaps from the poison or a head wound. Then hydra's corpse suddenly bursts into flames.

You suck in a breath in shock, as the hydra turns into a charred husk with supernatural speed. And standing - no, floating - above the flames, is a god.

He towers above you, clad in gleaming armor, with a striking, neatly trimmed face unmarred by age or scars. He radiates heat and arrogant pride and a strange look of satisfaction. You have never seen him before in your life, but his name comes instinctively to your lips.

Ares, the god of war, looks down on you imperiously. "Well done, indeed."

You open your mouth to speak, but fall into a coughing fit.

"You have impressed me," Ares continues as if the little episode never happened. "And I will grant you the chance to do so again."

The smirk turns into a frown as he stares at you, seeming to register your injured state for the first time. He snaps his fingers and mutters imperceptibly, and the pain fades away like a dream. You stare at yourself, at your closed gashes and mended hands, with disbelief.

Ares spreads his hands magnanimously. "Head north, to the city of Delphi. Speak to the Oracle to understand your task. But this won't be a simple walk. You will face many perilous trials and tribulations in your journey. You may end up wishing you died here," he warns.

"But-what do you even want me to do?" you croak.

"If you survive, we will speak again. And I will give you answers, once you prove yourself worthy." The god crosses his arms and smirks. "I know you can do it. You are, after all, my son."

In another burst of flames, the god vanishes.

Well...that was reassuring.

You stand up, groaning as your joints pop and your bones creak, more out of habit than any ache or tireness.

Something's changed. You feel stronger than before. Or perhaps it was just the fact that you went from nearly dead to completely reinvigorated in an instant.

You take a deep breath. The hydra is completely gone, all traces of it vanished. The grove of cypress trees is empty, with sunlight filtering in through the branches. You were alive, you were safe, and a glimmer of pride glowed in your chest. For the first time in forever, you feel like you have a future.

The sun falls warm on your back as you take your first step toward a new path.

And now, to introduce a new mechanic.

Upgrades. You get them periodically, and can choose one from a list. The options depend on the actions you've taken throughout the story.

Traits (Pick one):

[x] Pain Tolerance: You can withstand and focus through a lot of pain.
[x] Marathoner: You can run faster and longer than most.

And that concludes the first part of this Quest.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 8, 2015 12:17pm | Report
I have a few questions for you all that I need answered.

Who are my players? How have I been doing so far? What do you like? What do you dislike? How much control do you feel you have over the story? Feedback is the best thing you can do for me right now.

I will be taking a short break from this to focus on a few assignments, so Demigod Quest will be on a short hiatus for a time being. Don't expect it to be more than a week.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » June 9, 2015 3:03am | Report
[X]Pain Tolerance: Cus, you maybe not run faster, but you run a long as a marathoner.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by supersword23 » June 9, 2015 4:13pm | Report
I agree with MadDanny.

[x] Pain Tolerance

supersword23

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 12, 2015 6:23pm | Report
Votes locked into [x] Pain Tolerance.

Hiatus is over, guys. Update coming tonight, at midnight.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }